Thread: Hakenkreuz Enabler for Single player and Online use

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hakenkreuz Enabler for Single player and Online use

Thanks to Colander programming and Keller's skin work we have now this little utility to enable the historical markings (hakenkreuz) on the German planes.
    This is a client side change and will only be visible by who ever enables them. In other words, this is completely independent of any online server and will also work fine offline/SP.

Download it here: www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/utils/EnableHistoricalMarkings.7z

To use it just open the program, select "Enable" and close the program. The changes are permanent until you run it again and select "Disable" (or verify the integrity of the game through Steam).

Should be fairly self explanatory once ran

And before anyone asks, this in no way, shape, or form will get you banned from steam (even if VAC worked).

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Re: Hakenkreuz Enabler for Single player and Online use

It works!

but I have a question: this screen shot was taken in one of the Single /quick missions involving Stukas in an anti shipping strike-as you can see the Hakenkreuz is working on all the Ju-87's.The other German aircraft on the mission are a gaggle of Bf-110's- they do not have the added tail markings,so I assume this mod is good only for the principle aircraft involved,correct?
    Is there a chance that sometime in the future we might see this apply to all Luftwaffe planes in a mission or perhaps as a default setting for those of us who fly off-line?
    BTW Great little easy to use mod!

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Markings should be on all German aircraft, although there is a glitch with one particular regiment within the game that it won't work for.

I suppose it's possible that this just happened to be the regiment of the 110's in your mission.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.6 KB

The very first MOD that I have installed in CLoD- many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
    Markings should be on all German aircraft, although there is a glitch with one particular regiment within the game that it won't work for.

I suppose it's possible that this just happened to be the regiment of the 110's in your mission.
    Yes ,you are right:

(Seems to work best when you are flying for the Luftwaffe..although I could be wrong about this & just not had it correctly" turned on" during RAF missions.)
    This is a great little Mod that for me really improves the feel & mood of the game...No longer is the Luftwaffe "white bread." It has the look & feel of the Nazi hoard with correct markings. I remember the same feeling when Hakenkreuz's were first made avilable in Il-2...there was no going back for me.Thanks again!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Great...looking forward to using it.

now please...Just where do you unzip it into?
    I know there is a file path to the correct place..I just don't know what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by PapaG39 View Post
    Great...looking forward to using it.

now please...Just where do you unzip it into?
    I know there is a file path to the correct place..I just don't know what it is.
    Hi PapaG,

If you are using the default location steam installs it to the most common would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

So once you point to your install you can run the enabler one time and never have to run it again ever. I put the icon for it on my desktop. And it is safe to use offline and online. If you are missing some markings. Try turning off markings and turning them back on through the enabler and you should be set.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Thanks to Colander programming and Keller's skin work we have now this little utility to enable the historical markings (hakenkreuz) on the German planes.
    This is a client side change and will only be visible by who ever enables them. In other words, this is completely independent of any online server and will also work fine offline/SP.

Download it here: www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/utils/EnableHistoricalMarkings.7z

To use it just open the program, select "Enable" and close the program. The changes are permanent until you run it again and select "Disable" (or verify the integrity of the game through Steam).

Should be fairly self explanatory once ran

And before anyone asks, this in no way, shape, or form will get you banned from steam (even if VAC worked).

Hi Bliss/Colander,
    A very nice solution to a sticky issue.
    Well done indeed.
    Cheers,
    Catseye

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If I installed this mod would other German aircraft show up as having the Swastika as well or would it be just mine?

Also would they be displayed if you recorded a track?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG5_Emil View Post
    If I installed this mod would other German aircraft show up as having the Swastika as well or would it be just mine?

Also would they be displayed if you recorded a track?

Thanks
    All.
    Yes.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It works thanks!!

It's things like this that just make the game even more of a pleasure

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    544.81 MB

It's things like this that just make the game even more of a pleasure
    Absolutely. It's my first mod, and while it might seem only a small thing the difference it makes to the accuracy and therefore the immersion is a huge one.

Supporting Member JG6_BigglesCDN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I can't seem to get the enabler to work. When I open the zip file (using 7 zip) I get some program that checks my hard drive for installed games and never gets to an "enable" command. At the moment I have crosses on my tail but not the hakenkreuz.

Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG6_BigglesCDN View Post
    I can't seem to get the enabler to work. When I open the zip file (using 7 zip) I get some program that checks my hard drive for installed games and never gets to an "enable" command. At the moment I have crosses on my tail but not the hakenkreuz.

Suggestions?
    Try hitting disable first.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi
    This Enabler not function for me110C4N , me110C4N-Derated, me110C7-Late and BF109E4N,pls fix. BTW excelent tool.

OT: Me110C7-Late have you engine DB601N?

Thx
    clifftorr

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by clifftorr View Post
    Hi
    This Enabler not function for me110C4N , me110C4N-Derated, me110C7-Late and BF109E4N,pls fix. BTW excelent tool.

OT: Me110C7-Late have you engine DB601N?

Thx
    clifftorr

You need this.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=9369

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I try and work ok.

Thx

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi ,

For me it only works in single player and not multiplayer? I must have messed up something.

The skins (that came with the enabler the .mrk files) should be installed to the "Crogram Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/PaintSchemes/" folder and not in the Mod folder in my documents?

Thanks for any help

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I dont wish to mess up with the install of the Hakenkreuz addon
    d:\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ is the address that appears in the window when I run the exe for mods prior to 4.3
    As per other users method, I have installed the sim to D drive, then copied out the CoD folder from the D drive Steam folder a few times and modded each one up to a different stage in the MoD, for evaluation purposes, so my addresses for CoD are :-

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_original
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3.01
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_4
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_4.3
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_4.312

What address should I put in the enable markings window for the hakenkreuz installer ?
    Should it just go into the D drive steam folder as per its current indicated address (which doesnt have in it the skins folder) or into each of the CoD MoD versions ?

I have some notes saying install it to the skins folder for each of these MoD variants, is that correct, as I dont know where I took that from, and I cant find anything to support that method, but I am sure I didnt make it up, and if that was so, the address for MoD 3.01 would be:-

D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3.01\PaintSchemes\Skins

and if it had to go into steam then if my notes on it having to go into the skins folder were true, AND I SEE FOR THE 4.3 VERSION THE THREAD SAYS PUT IT INTO SKINS FOLDER.... it would be:-
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\PaintSchemes\Skins

Well, I try for that, I back up skins folder then put that address in, and get an error code.

Now as the installer doesnt feature the last part of that address PaintSchemes\Skins I am wondering just where should it go.

I just let it go there, no error code, no install finished indicator. I trust it went on, fly sim in Fast mission Builder and no hakenkreuz, so that address it offered didnt work.

I then will install that for version 4.3, same questions apply to that.

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; May-25-2015 at 20:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    I dont wish to mess up with the install of the Hakenkreuz addon
    d:\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\ is the address that appears in the window when I run the exe for mods prior to 4.3
    As per other users method, I have installed the sim to D drive, then copied out the CoD folder from the D drive Steam folder a few times and modded each one up to a different stage in the MoD, for evaluation purposes, so my addresses for CoD are :-

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_original
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3.01
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_4
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_4.3
    D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_4.312

What address should I put in the enable markings window for the hakenkreuz installer ?
    Should it just go into the D drive steam folder as per its current indicated address (which doesnt have in it the skins folder) or into each of the CoD MoD versions ?

I have some notes saying install it to the skins folder for each of these MoD variants, is that correct, as I dont know where I took that from, and I cant find anything to support that method, but I am sure I didnt make it up, and if that was so, the address for MoD 3.01 would be:-

D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3.01\PaintSchemes\Skins

and if it had to go into steam then if my notes on it having to go into the skins folder were true, AND I SEE FOR THE 4.3 VERSION THE THREAD SAYS PUT IT INTO SKINS FOLDER.... it would be:-
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\PaintSchemes\Skins

Well, I try for that, I back up skins folder then put that address in, and get an error code.

Now as the installer doesnt feature the last part of that address PaintSchemes\Skins I am wondering just where should it go.

I then will install that for version 4.3, same questions apply to that.

BOBC
    Hi BOBC,

Just install them to your steam folder where your current launcher.exe (the program that runs the game you are playing) resides. So, if "Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" is where your install of Cliffs of Dover is, then that is the installation path you need. The tool will find all the proper skin folders and enable it for you. The only thing the installer needs is the path of your current game.

With that said, I understand many people (especially those in TF) have multiple copies of the game and versions they use and play. But as long as you remember the installer goes to the root path of whatever version you are using and wanting to use the mod for, then you'll know that's where you need it installed.

In my case, I have my entire IL2 folder moved out of steam and in a subfolder called "Games" directly on the root directory of my C: Drive. So my install path for this mod is C:\games\Il2-Cliffs of Dover . As you can imagine, I start my game with the launcher.exe (shortcut) and as long as steam is running, the game will work just fine. I believe many people start up the game through steam itself. Either way works just fine.

Make sense?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi BOBC,

Just install them to your steam folder where your current launcher.exe (the program that runs the game you are playing) resides. So, if "Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover" is where your install of Cliffs of Dover is, then that is the installation path you need.
    i went with the address it was offering

d:\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

As this is the address to my Steam folder, and I installed Steam to D drive, as per 1lokos method..

I ran the sim and went into FMB and no swastikas showed. I tried for

D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3.01\PaintSchemes\Skins but got an error code.

The tool will find all the proper skin folders and enable it for you. The only thing the installer needs is the path of your current game.
    So having copied out to D my CoD folder as per addresses shown, it wont know about their locations and will only look within its own folder ????

I think I have proven this, I fly the launcher.exe that is within D:\steam address and swastikas show up !

I need to run it so that it realises there are other CoD launcher.exe addresses for the Mods sitting outside the steam folder.

Would simple copying out to these addresses of the skins folder work or is its install more complex than that ?

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; May-25-2015 at 20:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    i went with the address it was offering

d:\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\

As this is the address to my Steam folder, and I installed Steam to D drive, as per 1lokos method..

I ran the sim and went into FMB and no swastikas showed. I tried for

D:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover_3.01\PaintSchemes\Skins but got an error code.

So having copied out to D my CoD folder as per addresses shown, it wont know about their locations and will only look within its own folder ????

BOBC
    Hi BOBC,

I must apologize. It looks like I gave you some bad advice. There's a new thread and tool for the current TF patch. It shows how to install it all here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=9369

Very sorry about that!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi BOBC,
    .... There's a new thread and tool for the current TF patch. It shows how to install it all here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=9369

Very sorry about that!
    Hi, I saw that thread and noted that it has user aiming it at the skins folder, I am however at the stage where it says in this article:-
    ** If you've never used the "Hakenkreuz Enabler" in the past, please go here http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=2580 and do this first.

and it is become apparent that if one has copy pasted out the Il2 folder to create a Mod 3 folder, a mod 4 folder etc, it wont think to apply the install to these. I posted this fact just as you were replying, so see my post.

How do I get it into these other D drive addresses ? It works on the Steam directory which is the default version proving my theory that it doesnt know of these other addresses CoD resides at.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hmm - I think you may need to overwrite the files with the skins in your Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes

That should make it work for all the planes I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

In install this H.Enabler here now.

Look at desktop CloD shortcut the CloD folder address, in case

"D:\Cliffs of Dover\Launcher.exe" (CloD+TF.4312, I dont have CLoD in STEAM folder).

Past this address in H.Enabler installer (instead the suggest "c:\...STEAM...etc".)

In game tick the "Show marks" - case the selected skin dont have. All OK.

Curious, previous I never bother in dont see Hakenkreuz in CLoD, as bother see the silly fakes used in BoS and DCS.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    Seeking clarification
    for testing/analysis I installed Steam CoD to D drive, I have D:\Steam|SteamApps\Common|IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover, lets call it the mother folder !
    I copy paste that folder to D and call it D:\IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover_3.0 and MOD it as far as 3.0 so lets call it child3.0 !
    ditto for 3.01, 4.0 4.3 and 4.312 so I can study changes in each MOD. 5 children in all !

I have thus five sim children folders I can run sim MODs from.

I also have C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD lets call that Dad !

I need to start off with the Hakenkreuz enabler for versions prior to 4.3

It appears that I run this Hakenkreuz enabler and aim it at child3.01 D:\IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover_3.01 and install to there and not to a folder within within there ?

Dont install to the D:\Steam folder (mum !)

Important next question, do I copy anything from the resulting install to Dad's address :-
    C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes

for the 4.3 and 4.312 MOD children folders I first need to run the H enabler for MODs less than 4.3, then run that Hakenkreuz enabler for MODs 4.3

If I then copy paste results to the Dad MOD folder on C drive, will that upset the Hakenkreuz install for my 3.0 3.01 and 4.0 folders ?

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Aug-23-2016 at 14:42.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I have rewritten this above, hope it makes sense,
    getting CoD operational is stuck at this hurdle now since 20 Aug.

Do I install to Mum or the children or all of them ? and what about Dad ?

BOBC