Thread: Improved CPU / GPU utilization & game performance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Improved CPU / GPU utilization & game performance?

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this has already been answered (I searched; I swear!) - so apologies in advance if I am wrong on either account.

Just wondering if the upcoming 4.5 patch or 5.0 release will make any significant improvements to game performance? I'm referring to the stutters that occur when objects spawn into a map, when you're flying through lots of clouds, flying low over cities, etc.

Thanks!

2. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Improved CPU / GPU utilization & game performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Creep View Post
    Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if this has already been answered (I searched; I swear!) - so apologies in advance if I am wrong on either account.

Just wondering if the upcoming 4.5 patch or 5.0 release will make any significant improvements to game performance? I'm referring to the stutters that occur when objects spawn into a map, when you're flying through lots of clouds, flying low over cities, etc.

Thanks!
    MysticPuma reported "0" stutters in his non release candidate version of 4.5. With 4.5 getting both DX11 AND 64bit goodness I would imagine there will gains.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

TF 4.5 adds improved technology in the form of DX11 and 64 bits, but also adds to the demands on the computer with the addition of tree collisions, and other eye candy.

I would expect to see a similar level of performance in 4.5 as people got in 4.312.

It is possible Colander will be able to improve on this for TF 5.0... certainly this is an ongoing process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Thanks for the info!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Win10 x64, i7-9700K CPU @ 4.80GHz, EVGA 3090 Kingpin, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, 41" Samsung UN43MU6300 TV, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind, HP Reverb G2
    All settings match those posted by MikMak
    Nvidia driver version: 511.79
    55-70 FPS average in VR at ground level (mini game settings) on "Free Flight - England" Quick mission.
    35-50 FPS average in VR at ground level (max game settings except "Building distance") on "Free Flight - England" Quick mission.