Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: STUKA LOOPY!! 16Th September 2017 2000UTC

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Re: STUKA LOOPY!! 16Th September 2017 2000UTC

That formation dive, however messy, looked amazing guys. So cool to watch.

2. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post
    A great video vit_unit !

Who was that hurri pretending to be a stuka

But why are you all on the deck in those events
    I wondered the same thing. He was trying to blend in. It's looks like the pilot was trying to raise the gear, or video clips are not in order.

Our low flying was direct orders from Commander Boo. Avoid radar. It was a good call, IMHO.

@Zeb. Nice flying, Bud. Your rear gunning seized my E-4 engine and elevator, sending me into the ground without time to bail. Perfect.

4. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hello Vranac

I asked the formation to fly low due to the cloud on the map. I didn't want us getting to target and having to circle 24 stukas looking through gaps. These nights attract a lot of players who aint necessarily got much experience in bombers so, dead reckoning then diving down to an unsighted target wasn't really on the cards.

A large formation highlighted against white clouds is also pretty easy to spot from some distance out even if the TAB 7-1 is jammed by something closer to the requestee. The map doesn't give any wriggle room to the South so aircraft patrolling Caen would have seen us creeping along the southern edge and flying north would have been a long drag over the water in an area where TAB wouldn't have had local interference.. I also try to fly the events so that they are interesting. Grass and trees are much more interesting than water.

Avoiding Tab 7-1 was also a thought but it was more that the southern route would benefit from Blue players not taking part in the raid jamming it as they flew (as usual) A-B Roen/Leharve to Crepon.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

'Grass and trees are much more interesting than water. '

I should have known ...
    I imagined you would take a wide turn over the water and go for the ships maybe and then Théville or Octeville.

Anyway, the whole thing showed again that you need coordinated defense to fight of large formations. A pity we could not organise this.
    Next time

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Yup - that was the obvious thing (I don't mean that in a derisory way).

The thing for the bomber events is to get the players to at least the target. So we will usually avoid A-B runs and big obvious targets initially then perhaps go and raid something more in the line of fire as secondaries or second mission.. In the past when we haven't done this, we got massacred in the first 30 mins.

I know this doesn't help the defenders who want to take part in a historical manner but given the "Death or Glory" play style of the server it helps us!!

For the moment I'm backing off the events just for a couple of months (others can step forward if they like) - TBH, without D-rock, his skill and his infectious personality they would be a disaster and I don't want to keep putting the pressure on him (given I never ask him beforehand and he has to make a recovery from CTS). For various reasons I also find the coming in blind to a running server and having to work something out for 30 odd expectant players or varying experience a little too stressful for me to be truly enjoyable.

There is the option of running something on Server 2 I think (with sign ups and rules of play) but this is for the future. The original idea of the Casuals was to get a few like minded delivery drivers together to fly with a few peeps who had never considered bomber but its grown a little beyond that currently.

S!

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Yup - that was the obvious thing (I don't mean that in a derisory way).

The thing for the bomber events is to get the players to at least the target. So we will usually avoid A-B runs and big obvious targets initially then perhaps go and raid something more in the line of fire as secondaries or second mission.. In the past when we haven't done this, we got massacred in the first 30 mins.

I know this doesn't help the defenders who want to take part in a historical manner but given the "Death or Glory" play style of the server it helps us!!

For the moment I'm backing off the events just for a couple of months (others can step forward if they like) - TBH, without D-rock, his skill and his infectious personality they would be a disaster and I don't want to keep putting the pressure on him (given I never ask him beforehand and he has to make a recovery from CTS). For various reasons I also find the coming in blind to a running server and having to work something out for 30 odd expectant players or varying experience a little too stressful for me to be truly enjoyable.

There is the option of running something on Server 2 I think (with sign ups and rules of play) but this is for the future. The original idea of the Casuals was to get a few like minded delivery drivers together to fly with a few peeps who had never considered bomber but its grown a little beyond that currently.

S!

BOO
    I appreciate your concern, Boo. You're a good friend, and I'm glad I met you.

You haven't burdened me at all, and my hands are healing up now. I'm getting back into flying again and can't wait to fly these big formations

I agree that this has got more popular then you might have expected, which is why we need to continue.

As far as leading the bombers, I was always hoping others would try and lead, and not always depend on me. It seems no one wants to risk failing, and so they take a back seat.

Boo, you are doing an amazing job, and you have a lot of support if you need it. I'm willing to take more responsibilities if it helps you out. Personally, I like the way we attack ATAG's main server. I'll bet our enemies get a real kick out of seeing this happen.

This stuff needs to happen more often, and we can't let you leave just yet. We have a whole new sim to discover with 4.5, so let's step it up.

It's all about the fun.
    Last edited by DRock; Sep-20-2017 at 10:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post
    I wondered the same thing. He was trying to blend in. It's looks like the pilot was trying to raise the gear, or video clips are not in order.
    That hurri came to stuka formation with gears down. After he was compromised pilot tried to pull gears up.

10. Likes DRock, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by =vit_unit= View Post
    That hurri came to stuka formation with gears down. After he was compromised pilot tried to pull gears up.
    Sneaky, a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I like it.

12. Likes =vit_unit=, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

He sang song like this "I'm stuka-stuka-stuka, I am not hurricain at all" ))

14. Likes DRock, BOO, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DRock View Post

This stuff needs to happen more often, and we can't let you leave just yet. We have a whole new sim to discover with 4.5, so let's step it up.

It's all about the fun.
    I didn't say "leave" just "rest"

if you are ok with it I'm good also. I just know I cant lead the raids that well so it will always be down to you (unless others of equally or near ability would like to help out also). I just remember you talking about your hands on Saturday and thinking "SHOneT, ive forced Drock to be here" - that made me feel bad.

My old boss used to say "I'm the ideas guy" - which meant he dreamed up crazy and left others to work it out. Guess I'm like my old boss!

Speaking of which....I had a notion called "The Terrible Twins" but it really relies on TF4.5, the Beau and the hurri bombers. It could be done without but hell I want cannon.

I agree that hitting the main server is fun. I originally figured that maybe 6 or 7 of us would be the total but when you see 40 plus players committed to it on one way or another you go "Yikes!!"

I felt really bad for FG28 who turned out to support us but got left out in the cold since the events only concentrate on the bombing side. Id like to find a way of making it more inclusive but this comes with the knowledge that for every player who want to play it straight there are 2 others who jut wanna shoot stuff till they die.

Mission based events mean Sign ups that also allow for some small rule making.I also like the idea of mixing in some "contrived" missions on server 2 as it lets both sides come prepared to a degree and we can accommodate red and blue. It also allows for some matching up of those lesser loved aircraft that some of the more masochistic players like Gromit and Jeepy seem to be enthralled with. So I'm am also working on a mission based "thing" but its gonna take some working up given I know nothing about the FMB.

We will see.

So, The Terrible Twins yeah well it starts wi........

.................Give me a Date Drock and we'll work something up for that.. TF4.5 or no TF 4.5

S!

BOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

VIT - would you mind if I linked your video to one of the Clod Threads on the BOS forums? I think it would be nice for people to see that Clod actually isnt the aviation equivalent of minecraft when it comes to gfx and that it does in fact have a community that can put up big bomber raids and doesn't just dogfight.

Regards

BOO

17. Likes =vit_unit=, Cassius liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

'I had a notion called "The Terrible Twins" but it really relies on TF4.5, the Beau and the hurri bombers.'

Oh. I like that! I really, really like that!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

BOO, hell yeah, just do it))

20. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by =vit_unit= View Post
    BOO, hell yeah, just do it))
    Thanks Vit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

One of the two videos I plan on uploading covering the Stuka Loopy event. It's the second sortie targeting the Caen railyard!

23. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Thanks Karaya for putting this up.

S!!

BOO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234