Thread: An old map but a goodie.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.32 MB

An old map but a goodie.

Some time ago one of the maps in the rotation had the objectives to have the German side to bomb and take out of action a number of airfields in England to turn the map, and for the RAF to win they had to shoot down a certain number of aircraft, about 300 I think.
    Is there any chance of a return as I believed it had problems with sometimes crashing and resetting the sever? Something with the AI bomber flights I think.
    It was great fun as it tended to force the two sides into big furballs with the Germans protecting their bombers and the RAF trying to knock them down.
    IF not oh well.

Or maybe some mission builders can modify a current map or two that include not only bomber targets to roll the map but from sustaining too many aircraft destroyed for both sides?
    I hope the script for this type of map is still available.
    Seems a lot of the time maps run their full duration if there are not enough bombers in play and it may be a good second way to role the map.
    Or at the end of a map that says the match ends in a tie and have that for the primary objectives and a secondary score of which team had the most kills?

Just thinking, probably not possible but may be a good idea if that sort of thing can be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    177.83 MB

Re: An old map but a goodie.

Funnily enough I was thinking today about the number of maps that go the distance. I was bombing on a channel map and managed to take out 15/20 ships in about 3.5 hours. I wonder if the restriction on the bomber raids should be dropped, so that they can still be triggered when more people are online (dunno if this causes lag etc). I tend to find they are a good way to trigger conflict, guarding and attacking them.
    34" ASUS ROG 1440p. i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz. Thermaltake 360mm AIO. ASUS Maximus Hero VII, 16gb DDR3, ASUS Strix 980Ti. TM WH, WH Throttle, TM THRP Pedals. TrackIR 5 Pro. Oculus Rift.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Given the restricted number of AI even in campaign servers I assume it causes problems when numbers are high. With a full server I doubt you'd have much of a problem triggering conflict anyhow!!

When the AI gunners get turned up from Pi%%ed to "comparatively competent" itll be interesting to see if there is still the same appetite to attack AI as there is now and if they continue to act as a bait ball.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.32 MB

Not all that concerned about the AI flights, but would like to see the use of having to destroy a certain number of enemy aircraft as a means to turn a map used again. The only way to turn maps at the moment is by the bombers and most of the time they are very few if any in numbers to win a map. Would be a good second way to turn a map if it was used again. Or maybe there is a reason that this option was only used on that map and never used since ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

So again I would like to say our server has such missions if you would go to the web page at TWC you could read what our server has to offer it is open to the public. This server is based on play from both sides the map can only advance if one side scores more points than the other there is much to do since it is based on the ground war with multiple ground targets. Ground targets and troop movements must be stopped by aircraft otherwise they fight it out and no real points are scored for either side. Flying a fighter and just killing other fighters gains no points.Killing bombers that can destroy your troops, equipment, fuel supplies, ammunition storage facilities, air bases, electrical supply, moral, food rations and gains points for the enemy is what this server is about airfields are destroyable by tonnage dropped on the target as are all major targets on the map. Raids take place at the top of the hour and human raids are more accurate than AI but Ai can still kill a target it may take 2 or so trips but damage is concurrent.

Still to come are our objective menus for both sides
    Our Stats page will be reset when I finish the server
    once you join a side that will be the side you have chosen
    and if you die you can not just keep flying you will have to wait a certain period before you are able to re fly as a pilot
    you can however drive a tank or man an AA gun in defence of your Side or offence of your side and your points will be added to the total of your particular team.

Hence the name TWC Tactical server......

since I am still working on the code from time to time i must reset the server I need people to come in and fly the mission otherwise I wont know if things are working or not so please come in and fly the briefings change with each new troop activity for both sides.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com