Thread: TFS Needs You (Campaign testing).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Exclamation TFS Needs You (Campaign testing).

Hi guys,

Like everybody knows, it's hard to keep the pace with A.I. when playing CloD MAIN CAMPAIGN.

Knowing that we at TFS 'tweaked' the general speeds for all planes from the campaign missions but since things are kinda crazy inside TFS
    (a lot to do) we need your volunteer help to test our modded campaign. Nothing changed just the general speed of all planes like i said.

You just need to fly some missions and 'feel' if it's easier now to keep up with your fellows controlled by the A.I.

I need a feedback as soon as possible, like in the next 24 hours or less.

Can you guys help me?

Please PM me so i can send you the files and some further instructions!

Cheers!

Last edited by danperin; Sep-13-2017 at 15:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Re: TFS Needs You (Campaign testing).

Hey, so far I have tested the campaign for like 2 - 3 hours and all I can say is, that its great, I mean Im not a singleplayer guy but I found out that singleplayer is fun too.

I tried to keep formation with the AI and it wasnt that hard, I was with a hurricane and I had to go on boost -3 and around 2800 rpm to stay in formation.

But a question.. which campaign do we exactly have to test? the team fusion one or the "campaign" one?

More testing tomorrow..

3. Likes danperin liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

The official scripted one - y'now the one where he whines a lot and everyone is nasty to him at first and it ends with him looking back after the death of the Heartbreaker girl some 70 years later bemoaning the yoof of today and the state of the nation................jeesh that writer was on one....

Not sure if Danperin has what he needs now tho...shoot him a PM to check
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

5. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

You should test your ability to stay in formation with AI in this two campaigns - using the tweaked files.

7. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Test the 2 first "Cliffs of Dover" missions.

- Your ability to keep formation depends too in your ability to takeoff in formation.

- Trimming the plane the better you can and use little stick inputs make things more easy.

- The major issue is the AI ability do decelerate and accelerate and/or climb fast, in that phases of flight if difficult follow/keep formation.

- In level flight is not difficult stay close, but keep that RAF "Idiotenreihen" formation is not easy.

Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-15-2017 at 15:12.

9. Likes danperin liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Just add - I really enjoyed testing this. Not a great SP fan anymore (in anything sim related) but being part of a formation of 12 hurricanes and trying to keep in close with the leader was really enjoyable. As was the airfield clutter, civvy boats and moving vehicles (albeit largely going "offroad")

Having a chance to fly the Gladiator was an unexpected bonus!!!!................ok...so that didn't happen....

At first nothing worked right - couldn't even get off the ground..................er............once I realised you have to tap the brakes to release them though.......the new campaign speeds do make catching and keeping with formation a lot easier without feeling that yours dragging your feet.

I know the AI is getting a good talking to for 5.0 but to add some observations (that have probable already been made many times)

The Lead aircraft turns with rudder...this makes spotting a turn of formation harder for the player

The Formation flies using telepathy - would be nice to include more instructions from the flight leader (for instance when he is about to climb or turn) - especially relevant in big ship early RAF vic formations given the risk of the 3 ship one your wing turning into you.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

11. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Test is closed.

Thank you guys for the help!

Please PM me if you like!

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    I know the AI is getting a good talking to for 5.0 ...

The Formation flies using telepathy - would be nice to include more instructions ...
    More and different spoken text (also from ground control) would be great.
    I am sure English/German/Italian speakers from the community would queue to add some lines.