Thread: Custom "Snap View" with Joy2Key

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Custom "Snap View" with Joy2Key

Is not news that CloD has the poorest camera POV control for non HeadTracker users of current "flight games" - no much different of the old IL-2:46 pre-MOD.

Games like BoS or DCS came with "special" snap views for all corners of cockpit - including instruments in engine naceles and fuel gauges installed on wings and more important allow users customize this "snap views".

Besides snap view for look around il-2:46 style, CloD has only one "special" snap view: Glance at Dashboard, a instant view with FOV 30º of instrument panel that allow check then at glance - (EDIT) work OK for Spitfire, but not so well for Hurricane, since don't show Directional Gyro in this plane, and even worse, in Beufighter don't show temperature instruments. Opera resume, only one angle is not solution for different planes.

Unfortunately this "Glance at Dashboard" view don't show the magnetic compass. I already find "workaround" this limitation using NewView, NewView+TrackIR, or "mouse view lean" with Joy2Key.

But another and "easy" to set a "special" snap view in one joystick button:

In Joy2Key select the joystick button and in "Mouse" tab set the button (e.g. joyb2) for move mouse cursor all for left and press the scroll wheel and right mouse clicks:

- Can add move up too, help a bit in Spitfire.

In Clod Controls > Snap View > set the same button (joyb2) for "Snap down 45º" and in Camera set the same button (joyb2) for "Field of View 30º".

In Camera set scroll wheel (mouse middle) click for "Camera Control in Independent Mode"* and mouse right click for "Hold to Zoom Camera" - probable is already assigned in this way for default.

That's all. When press and hold button joyb2 mouse middle and right click is pressed and hold, mouse cursor move for left, camera POV "snap" 45º down and FOV is changed for 30º, allowing see the magnetic compass and set Course Setter parallel lines "Red on red".

See at 7:08:

* "Independent Mode" is the CloD - limited - click on controls ("click'pit"), pressing and holding mouse middle click allow mouse cursor move camera around without need press F-10.

At start of mission press F9 once for change from Pan to Span View mode, this is required one time per game session.

Need test this "special" snap view with TrackIR, but I hate this thing, the "floating" POV leave me sick even watching YT videos using this device.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-25-2020 at 11:48.

2. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Custom "Snap View" with Joy2Key

What you see with this "Compass View" when press and hold selected joystick button:

In Hurricane part of compass is not visible.

A point to not is that Course Setter adjust need be done with key or joy buttons, because mouse are already in use so in possible use for click over course setter.

BTW - In Blitz plane propeller became "epileptic".
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-19-2018 at 18:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Using Xpadder ($10) instead JoyToKey Hurricane compass became more visible:

~0:03s CloD "Glance at Dashboard", in Hurricane with Directional Gyro behind spade grip... an "It's CloD!"

Macro used, with "on press" and "on release" - called "hold zone" in XPadder.

CloD_Hurricane compass view.jpg
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-15-2018 at 13:01.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

Hi there. This is really helpful. The only problem I have is that when I release the key, I look back up again but I stay zoomed at 30deg and to the left of the gunsight. How do you get back on centre with the gunsight? I can sort zooming back out.
    Thanks for any help. Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by mcbailey1 View Post
    Hi there. This is really helpful. The only problem I have is that when I release the key, I look back up again but I stay zoomed at 30deg and to the left of the gunsight. How do you get back on centre with the gunsight? I can sort zooming back out.
    Thanks for any help. Mark
    This happens when using Joy2key, where the macro can't be more elaborated, so you need have a key for recenter view and change FOV 70 or 90 after "Glance at compass".

I have a button that if pressed fast (click) press "Reset Camera" + "F0V 70" and if pressed and hold for more than 150ms change FOV for 30 (for aim).

But if used Xpadder macro although a bit more laborious to set, this recenter action "realease" of button, so is just press, hold and release the button to see compass, adjust and back to a front view with POV in 70 (for example).

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

Many thanks. I'll have a play around and see how I get on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

"Mouse View" pan with Joy2Key

Using Joy2Key (or Xpadder) and setting POV HAT 270-0-90-180 movement to move mouse is possible achieve smooth camera control.

Joy2key is needed because is not possible set in this way direct in games controls. So Joy2Key is used for move the mouse cursor, that control the "mouse view", resulting:

In this video, how set JoyToKey for move mouse - is very simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP_6W47tMg

For use in CloD check too "Wheel (middle)" box - this mouse button pressed will deactivate momentarily the "Independent mode" when move the mouse (via POV HAT).

Attachment 30491

Add POV HAT 90, 180, 270, 0 for "Camera Control in Independent Mode" to have "lean" in the "check'6" and in the cockpit.

Attachment 30502

Originally posted there: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post244993

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello

In "Cliffs of dover Blitz", I have been trying for several hours and nights to configure the view on the P8 compass.

I can't make this manipulation work.

I made screen photos of JoytoKey and "control option" of the simulator Il2.

I don't know how to post them. Mon joystick is a T.16000M

Who can help me?