Thread: 303 Squadron: Battle of Britain

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

303 Squadron: Battle of Britain

Here is one to maybe keep an eye on, it looks like it could be good even though not an in-depth sim as we have with Clod. http://303-squadron.com/ Looked interesting to me anyhow.
    Last edited by PhoenixCNE; Sep-16-2017 at 00:29.

2. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: 303 Squadron: Battle of Britain

Well for something that is supposed to be released any day now there is no video of game-play or much of anything else. The website looks like a free pre-fab template that has had the spaces filled in.
    U would have thought the arcade WW2 aircraft game market was done to death. We shall see.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Steam page says end of 2017 so that's not quite "any day now" but yeah I hear ya, the good ww2 games are few and far between but I'll sure try everything they make. The viewpoint of a polish fighter pilot would be rather unique for a ww2 game so I thought it looked interesting.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Just wanted to revive this thread. Looks like they ran a kickstarter in January 2018, and the steam page has been updated a bit as well.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tle-of-britain

Projected release next month.

They say they've done a lot of research to get the physics and flight model right, but they likely won't be able to compete with IL2 or DCS for more "hardcore" simmers like us. I find it hard to believe that the model will be more realistic than we have in CloD. It looks like players can only fly the Hurricane, and there hasn't been any mention of multiplayer support.

I do think it's interesting that there's a sort of "first person" element to what goes on on the ground. Looks like we can take Hurricanes apart and replace parts, etc. Likely won't be fun after a few hours of doing it, but cool nonetheless.

It seems like it will be one of those titles that some of us may choose to purchase to encourage continued development of flight games (sim or otherwise). I may purchase it if the campaign is unique and gets good reviews, just as a "tribute" to have on my shelf for the brave 303 squadron.
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I've seen some gameplay videos. Looks like singleplayer War Thunder with 3rd person video, mouse controls, and HUD indicators. Not my cup of tea but some will enjoy it I bet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

The game trailer was some of the most amusing BS I have seen in a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

That guy shoots like I do...
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis