Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spitfire fuel tank fire in 4.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Spitfire fuel tank fire in 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by =AN=Lobo View Post
    Secondary fuel flames are more frequent, maybe because of bigger area. I can't understand the "bug" thing in all of this... Only the seaplane Spit that don't sink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCb1uGqgVU
    Lobo

This "bug" is in the sea, that in some places has less than one meter of depth.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-11-2017 at 12:05.

2. Likes ATAG_Highseas, =AN=Lobo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Lobo

This "bug" is in the sea, that in some places has less than on meter of depth.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

4. Likes =AN=Lobo liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Lobo

This "bug" is in the sea, that in some places has less than one meter of depth.
    https://tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/837

Nah, CloD beautifull sea have infinite depth everywere! Small rivers are deep like Marianas Trench!

But CountZero pointed this REAL Spitfire bug a looooong time ago. I believe it will sink in 4.5. In flames, maybe.
    Last edited by =AN=Lobo; Oct-11-2017 at 13:38.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Not a word about a feature that already exists and will be introduced in 4.5?

I'm afraid. All this matter appears to work fine since release. What really TFS does about It? What I think that can be done is secondary fuel fire, with time, spread to fuel tank, something like that. I can't see anything wrong besides, maybe, this and bugs in some Luftwaffe ammo.
    Last edited by =AN=Lobo; Oct-11-2017 at 19:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    415.4 KB

Perhaps it only increases the incidence of fire caused by 20mm incindiary? Perhaps not. Perhaps I have no clue what I'm on about. But that isn't new.
    Perhaps spits will be flamed a tiny bit more and it will only barely be perceptible.
    We simply don't know yet.
    Whatever happens, stick in there spit pilots. You could be flying a tub of concrete with two DB601s

Or if you dont like spitfires after 4.5, you could fly a tub of concrete with two hercules'
    See ya up there
    Last edited by ZG26_Sir_Racha; Oct-11-2017 at 20:01.
    ZG26_Sir_Racha - The Sauce that Bites

Bf-110 staffel leader
    ZG26 "Horst Wessel"
    3U+RN

Join the fight with the 51! Bf-110 staffel or Bf-109 staffel positions open!
    Contact anyone with the JG51 or ZG26 tag (Hop in our section in the ATAG TS and fly out with us!) or message Teetwo or Ogg (Bf-109), or Myself (Bf-110).
    Merciless and Cruel
    ))) BRUTAL AND AGGRESSIVE (((

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Not a word about a feature that already exists and will be introduced in 4.5?

I'm afraid. All this matter appears to work fine since release. What really TFS does about It? What I think that can be done is secondary fuel fire, with time, spread to fuel tank, something like that. I can't see anything wrong besides, maybe, this and bugs in some Luftwaffe ammo.
    Have no clue what you mean here..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Guys.. currently incendiary are not the only to light up fuel.
    All ball, pointed, ap, and incendiary are doing so.
    Observer rounds and german SmK Übungsgeschoss won't light it up.
    However SmK Ü as the name says should have a steel core, we already now it's wrong modeled and acts as a hole maker but is not penetrating anything. (Wrong when it has got a steel core and the time for self destruction wasn't exceeded)
    Incendiary and also the DeWilde are just the only one to light up control surfaces, especially fabric once.
    German AP 7.92 are same as normal steel core as mentioned really often.

If the fire in the BF 109 was worse than in the Spitfire is arguable.
    A flamed bottom tank behind the pilot wouldn't burn the pilot that fast in normal flight would it?
    Flames behind dragged by air anyway further behind. Without explosion actual less direct contact.
    The Spit pilot is sitting in front of it, fire would go right through or around the cockpit.
    After all I don't see why pilots die so fast from direct fire when a tank is flamed, because wouldn't the fire be outside first anyway?
    There would be more time, but all the controls would burn off before it would get to hot for the pilot, if he wouldn't be killed anyway by a explosion.

Deflection armor wouldn't deflect bullets at angle? I have no idea how strong the aluminium armour at the 109 was and where it was.
    If the fuel tank was surrounded, then it might be possible to deflect a lot of shots from distance at the sides.
    Hitting from distance at the sides means very little angle of atack. The tail had also little less angle of atack
    A Spitfire shooting from wings with low convergence hitting a 109 on the side with no armor makes no issue there to light it up quick.
    Last edited by Tibsun; Oct-11-2017 at 20:50.

10. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Have no clue what you mean here..
    I bought a flight sim made by Maddox Games and want to know what will come in next official patch made by TFS.

TFS don't have a dedicated site or forum, so, I post here to get some answers and see what devs and experienced players think about some questions.

And, with the lack of aswers, I need to guess what TFS are doing. So, maybe I sound confused.
    Last edited by =AN=Lobo; Oct-11-2017 at 20:52.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

13. Likes VO101_Tom liked this post
    Dislikes =AN=Lobo disliked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

I bought a flight sim made by Maddox Games and want to know what will come in next official patch made by TFS.

TFS don't have a dedicated site or forum, so, I post here to get some answers and see what devs and experienced players think about some questions.

And, with the lack of aswers, I need to guess what TFS are doing. So, maybe I sound confused.
    A change log with all the details will be out with the patch. MP's link tells you some of it.

Our official forum is here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-discussion/

We are answering as many questions as we can right now since most of us are working and/or testing 4.5 things. The Spitfire rarely caught fire which is what the bug was, and we corrected it in a number of ways. The Spitfire doesn't catch fire by looking at it now if that is what you are worried about. Things are as historically accurate as we can make them, and we are not changing things for that sake of "balance" or anything else like that.

DM's along with the FM's will always be tweaked and improved, this is a fluid department and will always be making them as best as we can. The Spitfire fire correction is just one of many corrections that have been made to the DM systems, for ALL aircraft, including non-flyable aircraft, most notably the water and oil systems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

For a fellow who promised to stop posting after my last warning to stop pestering TFS with endless questions, you have sure been posting a lot since. You are getting an indefinite vacation from this forum to allow TFS to focus on Beta 4.5 and 5.0. There are other venues through which you can contact TFS from this point onwards.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12