Thread: A Few Basic Questions

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

A Few Basic Questions

I am currently using the patched 4.312 version (not the Steam Beta). I realize that these are the same, but I like to follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach, so I've kept the patched version. Now that it seems we'll be getting the official 4.5 patch pretty soon (I Hope), I wonder what I'll need to do to insure that my control mapping, missions, etc., stay the same after the game is patched? I'm guessing that the original Softclub folder will be changed, rather than the Mod folder, so does that mean I can just copy stuff over from the mod folder if I need to after the game is patched? Or should I back everything up?
    I've looked around but I don't see anything posted about "What to do to get ready for the patch".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Re: A Few Basic Questions

All the config files are contained within the "Documents/1C Softclub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder (for the patched game).
    It sounds like the config files in v4.5, since they will be official, will be in another folder and the MOD folder will no longer be used. It should be fine to just leave the MOD folder where it is but I would recommend a backup just in case (as always).

Hope this helps

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I imagine that you'll get some instructions from TFS closer to its release.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I imagine you're right, just don't want to lose any of the missions I've built or modified. And having to reset all my controls would be a pain. Thanks.

5. Likes SD_MBen liked this post