Thread: Tiger Moth | Extended Camouflage

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    145.34 MB

[WIP] DH-82A | Extended Camouflage - Fredrik

Progress logbook for the DH-82A

V1: Extend camouflage. (Completed on 2017-11-10)

Extending the camouflage turned out to be a longer task than expected. But after some touch ups it turned out very well in my opinion.

V2: Change Yellow to White.(Completed on 2017-11-10)

Changing the overall color was very simple when it came down to it due to the fact that I had a proper template with the 3D Elements as a different layer, I was able to use the bucket tool to fill in all the yellow without interfering with the 3D elements.

V3: Make propeller tip & center yellow.(Completed on 2017-11-10)

The difficult part of this task was to find the location of the blade tips, I decided to make a color skin to determine the approximate location of the blade tips. (Screenshot below)

V4: Add custom markings. (Completed on 2017-11-10)

This was strait forward, simply adding an image on an image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notes:
    During the making of the skin I encountered some issues with residue yellow from the template I used in the beginning that seems to have originated from the 3D elements. I presume that the residue was present because in its original form it was "Wear & Tear" of the aircraft with proper coloring. I was unable to change the yellow residue to a white or metallic color, I left the residue there because it seems to be unnoticeable during flight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by No.331_Fredrik; Nov-10-2017 at 16:49.
    From beauty to beast.