Thread: Changing belts and conversion in offline mode with FMB

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.88 MB

Changing belts and convergence in offline mode with FMB

Looking for a tutorial that explains how to change and save ammobelts and convergence of single or quick mission through Full mission builder
    Last edited by mibo; Nov-16-2017 at 14:13. Reason: Error

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Changing belts and conversion in offline mode with FMB

For edit Quick Missions you need copy the files from:

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\mission\Quick

For:

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single\ Create a new folder there, e.g Missions2edit, this keep missions types separated.

BTW - The Single Missions is already in that folder, so is visible for FMB. Files inside steamapps folder is not.

Open the mission in FMB, locate the player plane, right click over, select properties and in tab ammo set the ammo belts.

Convergence is need do in Options > Plane and remember that you need set for each gun, e.g. 8 in Spit/Hurricane.

But use this tool is more easy:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=11555

3. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.88 MB

Ok, thanks a lot. What do you mean by BTW?
    I tried to open a single mission (Bomber intercept ships) and I could change the aircraft in FMB from spit Ia to Ila.
    How do I change the loadout, guns and convergence.
    Can I do that as normal in option>"plane" before or after I open the changed mission, please explain.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mibo; Nov-17-2017 at 10:46. Reason: Error

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

BTW= By the Way. I take it English may not be your first language?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.88 MB

Ok, no English is not my mother tongue. Can you answer my last question, please? I can't find d tabs for belts or convergence when I right click and select properties...
    Last edited by mibo; Nov-17-2017 at 11:07. Reason: Error

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by mibo View Post
    Can I do the same for single missions eg copy to FMB and do the same? How do I identify players plane?
    Don't need copy single missions, because their are in ...Documents\1CSfotClub... that is the only folder that FMB see - why is need copy Quick Missions for this place to be able to edit then.

BTW - After edit Quick Missions you don't need copy then back for Steamapps folder, but can just copy for

...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\mission\Quick\ <<< this folder already exist but are empty after install.

The benefit of do this:

You keep the missions in Steamapps folder as 'backup" - for case mess something.

So when you need reinstall the game will just need make backup of Documents\1C SoftClub\... folder - where are stored your personal controls, custom skins, custom SP missions.. that edited Quick Missions is saved too.

How do I change the loadout, guns and convergence.
    Can I do that as normal in option>"plane" before or after I open the changed mission, please explain.
    Convergence is only possible change in Options > Plane, or with Gix tool, or manual editing the user.ini file, is not adjustable in FMB.

In Options > Plane you can set ammo belts, but this WHEN this work (sometimes do, sometimes not...) is only usable in Quick Missions, not in Single or Campaign missions. So use FMB to this.

In FMB select the plane you fly in that mission, example is an Spitfire, in their Properties notice that are several tab with numbers #1, #2, #3.... that is the number of planes of your group, usually player is the flight leader, so his plane is the one in tab #1, click in that tab and see a box "Player" ticked.
    Or if not flight leader other tab #2, #3, #4... has the "Player" ticked. See here:

https://youtu.be/jBUBHdrmecE?t=471

FYI - I don't speak English, hope that you understand me.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-17-2017 at 11:39.

8. Likes SD_MBen, ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

@1lokos,
    btw fyi mega ty's 4 the post!
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

10. Likes ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.88 MB

To all that answered:
    If I understood well, it is not possible to change ammo belt or convergence in mission, not even trough FMB but only "sometimes" in quick missions...
    But how to change ammo belt and convergence? You said to locate player's plane and with right click select properties and then ammo tab....There is no such tab for ammo nor convergence. If I set convergence and belt on the game menu, the changes are not applied to single mission nor quick mission! Therefore is it possible or not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by mibo View Post
    If I understood well, it is not possible to change ammo belt or convergence in mission, not even trough FMB but only "sometimes" in quick missions...
    No, you understand wrong. Is convergence adjust is that can not be made in FMB, there's no option in FMB for adjust convergence.
    Convergence affect only player plane and in FMB you are changing settings for all your Squadron, convergence for AI planes is not adjustable.

Convergence need be done in Plane - weapon per weapon, or manually editing user.ini file. Example:

Code:
    [Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa]
      conv _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      conv _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII 338.3281 338.3281
      belt _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2
      weapons 1
      regiment BoB_RAF_B_218Sqn
      callsign 17
      aging 79
      skin LEFTWING_BLACK.jpg
    The last two numbers 338.3281 338.3281 is the convergence Horizontal and Vertical (~370 yards).
    If you want 200 200 or 200 250... just change this last two numbers and save the file. Do not need use decimal like in default adjust.

But change ammo ammo belt is more complicated, see how are the default ammo belt in the Spitfire Mk.Ia section of "user.ini" - just one line:

belt _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2

Now see how look this file with a custom ammo belt with different ammo types and tracers and residue:

Code:
      belt _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      belt _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5
      beltPreset 1Custom _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun02 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun05 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 11Custom _Gun04 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 21Custom _Gun03 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 21Custom _Gun06 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 21Custom _Gun00 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 3 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 21Custom _Gun01 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3
      beltPreset 21Custom _Gun07 Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 5 Residual 10 ResidueBelt 3

So for adjust ammo belts use FMB, or use Gix tool.

Ammo belts could be adjusted in Options > Planes, but the way for save is confusing, what result that sometimes work, sometimes don't work, or work for one player but not for another. Some people recommend do the adjust connected to some online server.

And finaly the ammo belt set in Options > Planes result selectable only in Quick Missions, but not for Single Missions. So learn do in FMB result more practical.

But how to change ammo belt and convergence? You said to locate player's plane and with right click select properties and then ammo tab....There is no such tab for ammo nor convergence. If I set convergence and belt on the game menu, the changes are not applied to single mission nor quick mission! Therefore is it possible or not?
    In FMB follow the picture, you will understand the process for customized and save ammo belts.

Ammo belts.jpg
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-17-2017 at 18:52.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.88 MB

Ok, thank you 1lokos, finally after finding out difference between mission and missions (withs) I could edit a quick mission and change 006 QM ammo belt from game in FMB and it worked. But...
    When I tried the same with 007 dogfight even low level,
    and click fly the map sees only my red plane, no other plane, waypoint and there is no fly option only "player Plane. If I go back to fly
    there is no cockpit view and js does not react. What happened?
    Maybe I did not save it correctly. I saved, selected the map with the flashing plane and un selected it to stop flashing then I clicked play... Tell me what exactly I must do once I made the changes in FMB as you showed me, how to save and exit FMB
    Thanks very much for your patience with me.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    233.88 MB

Ok, sorry I got it I forgot to select player.
    Thanks very much for your help
    Be well