Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game not on top for mouse click at end of game.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Game not on top for mouse click at end of game.

Up until about a week ago everything was working fine and then at the end of each game when I "ESC" out of the game I lose the ability to click on the game buttons. When I left mouse click on any of the on screen buttons or menu options I simply click on whatever is on my desktop underneath the game window. The only way to navigate is to TAB down through the menus and hit ENTER to select. Using the mouse simply selects whatever shortcut is on my desktop underneath the CLOD window.

I'm running a recent fresh install of Windows 10, I've tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling including the Team Fusion patch, all via Steam and nothing works. I've trawled the internet and the forum and found some items relating to mouse issues but nothing the same as this problem. I've also looked at my Windows 10 settings and can't find anything untoward there either.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as it's driving me nuts and means I have to come completely out of the game and restart it every time I crash or die - which is fairly frequently

Cheers,

goaty.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Game not on top for mouse click at end of game.

Are you in full screen, pseudo, or windowed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Sounds like you have an overlay running in the background

Check Nvidea Shadowplay, Teamspeak, Steam, Overwolf etc.
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Nov-24-2017 at 00:39.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Hi Iangoaty

Have a look here, I have a similar issue.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=26580

On my machine game runs fine, go in and fly, but if I have to respawn after getting shot down the game is visible but the mouse clicks through the screen.
    I have to cntrl/alt/dlt and kill it.

The fundamental problem child is Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
    Whether or not this is a issue regarding video drivers not talking nicely to the Fall update or vice versa is unclear.
    What is clear is that before the Win10 Fall update all was fine.

I have Nvidia graphics, there have been 2 driver updates since and none yield any better results.
    Win10 Fall update also resets monitor calibration on each restart, its a bit of a mess really.

I have Win10 Pro and have uninstalled the Fall update, and deferred it for the max possible time (365 days) in the update settings.
    The game runs perfectly again.

There is nothing critical in there that anyone could find useful really just bloatware and why MS believe pro versions of software require candycrush and the like is beyond me.
    Critical updates still come through as per normal.

Out of interest, please post your hardware specs. (Mobo make and model, GPU, Ram,Cpu)

There have been (unrelated) issues in the past where specific brands of hardware have caused some little conflicts. Might be worth just gathering this info as some people seem to have no issues.

Mine
    Asus Maximus VIII
    Nvidia
    36gb ram

Ways to roll back
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2db1169?auth=1
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Nov-24-2017 at 02:58.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

5. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Are you in full screen, pseudo, or windowed?
    Fullscreen but tried the other options with no difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post
    .... The fundamental problem child is Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
    I can confirm this issue too. Happened to me immediately after installing the Windows10 Creator's Update (thanks Microsoft). A PITA when your beta testing TF4.49

8. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

I have installed Win10 recently. Thanks for the information about this creator’s update. I’ll try to avoid it. I don’t know how but I’ll try)) Everything works fine just yet.

But there are few small issues. Nvidia shadow play doesn’t work sometimes as well as Nvidia FPS indicator is not shown on the screen from time to time. Just sometimes G35 headset doesn’t work properly after windows starts. I’ve checked that all drivers are up-to-dated.
    Welcome to Win10, comrades!!!
    Last edited by =vit_unit=; Nov-24-2017 at 06:17.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all that Vlerkies. Sounds very much like we're having exactly the same issue and I should get a chance over the weekend to try some of the fixes in the links you posted.

I'd been having progressively worse issue with Windows 10 as a result mainly of failed updates and in the end ran into irrecoverable boot issues requiring a clean install. The good news was I was able to reinstall CLOD and the patches via Steam and thanks to a better graphics card and the latest patches it worked better than ever and renewed my interest in CLOD. For a week at least and then this bug appeared following another update. Oh for the stability of Windows 7, not in the least bit impressed by 10 so far.

My specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 currently running @ stock 3.4Ghz
    Asus M4A88TD-M EVO
    MSI Radeon R9 200 series 3Gb
    8Gb RAM
    120GB SSD for OS's plus HDD's for storage
    Dual boot Windows 10 and Linux

Microsoft Sidewinder FF Joystick
    Dual monitors (only one used for game)
    Track IR5

Runs very smoothly in game with good frame rates even at high settings, it's just this issue of having to either tab and enter through the menus to get out or CTRL ALT DEL.

Thanks for the links, I'll have a go with some of those suggested fixes and see if I get anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by =vit_unit= View Post
    I have installed Win10 recently. Thanks for the information about this creator’s update. I’ll try to avoid it. I don’t know how but I’ll try)) Everything works fine just yet.

But there are few small issues. Nvidia shadow play doesn’t work sometimes as well as Nvidia FPS indicator is not shown on the screen from time to time. Just sometimes G35 headset doesn’t work properly after windows starts. I’ve checked that all drivers are up-to-dated.
    Welcome to Win10, comrades!!!
    Yeah, very similar issues regarding shadowplay.
    If you read the detailed release notes of the drivers you will see there are a number of unresolved issues with Win10 and Fall update.
    I divorced myself from Shadowplay and the Nvidia login nonsense a week or 2 ago. Have been using OBS and it just fine. Only thing it lacks is onscreen recording icon when recording. Other than that no complaints and it does have lots of options to customise settings and profiles

If you have Win10 Professional, Enterprise, and Education editions you can defer the 'feature' updates, which is what the fall edition is.
    If you are on win Home you will have to look for some other workaround on the net.

So if you are having issues like described above and are running v1709 of Win 10 (check in settings), you have the fall update installed. Rolling back one level (v1703) sorted my problem out right away, no other changes required.

Interesting Goaty is running AMD, so not all an Nvidia issue it seems.
    I also have an Asus board, some of the bundled software has hidden overlays that caused me issues before, (Sonic Suite) but that has long since been kicked to touch.
    Also run dual monitors, game on one, but tried a few times with fresh update and only one monitor connected same result so don't think it is that.

There are some game settings in the Fall update you may also want to turn off if you dont use them specifically
    https://www.windowscentral.com/whats...reators-update

Last edited by Vlerkies; Nov-24-2017 at 10:26.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

12. Likes =vit_unit=, 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Do you have a touchscreen monitor?

I've read there are issues like that when Windows has a stylus or the likes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Hi Colander

No touch screen my side.

My PC is now v1703 version of Win10 and no issue.
    The minute I load/update to V1709 "fall' update the problem arises.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Just one thing I never did try (because I only thought of it now ), was re-installing Direct X after the Fall Update to see if that maybe would help, might be worth a shot as an option.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

I do use a stylus and am having the same issue.

~S~

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Unhappy Re: Game not on top for mouse click at end of game.

I am new to IL-2 CoD (not IL-2 in general); I just installed CoD on Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) from Steam with the Team Fusion patch; I am also experiencing the same issues with the mouse (clicks "through" the UI after exiting or suspending a mission). Unfortunately, I do not have the option to roll back the Windows Update.

The only workaround I found so far is to not use the mouse after I exit from a mission; one can navigate the User Interface with the keyboard (use only the TAB key, ENTER key or shortcuts to interact); a little tedious, but it allows at least exiting the game gracefully or restarting a mission. I hope a patch will be made available soon! If someone finds better workarounds, please post them.

Thank you!
    -- Uranor

18. Likes 69th_Zeb, Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Hi Uranor

Welcome to the game and forums.
    The more data we can gather hopefully the sooner we can find a fix or user friendly work around.

Yes its a pain and really annoying right now.
    Can I ask for completeness what your GPU is and your Motherboard brand.

Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.82 MB

Hi Uranor

For me, the fix for this was to set the video to pseudo mode.

Give it a try..

Good luck.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by gonk View Post
    Hi Uranor

For me, the fix for this was to set the video to pseudo mode.

Give it a try..

Good luck.
    I am not familiar with the Pseudo setting.. can you elaborate and explain a little how to do that? Sorry for the dumb question..

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Hi Uranor

Welcome to the game and forums.
    The more data we can gather hopefully the sooner we can find a fix or user friendly work around.

Yes its a pain and really annoying right now.
    Can I ask for completeness what your GPU is and your Motherboard brand.

Thanks.
    Thank you.

I am using an Asus Zenbook (laptop) 16 GB RAM; the motherboard is bound to be Asus; drive is SSD, and graphic is a dedicated Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960M.

23. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Thx

Another Asus board.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Thx

Another Asus board.
    Is that a bad thing? Should I be worried?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by uranor View Post
    Is that a bad thing? Should I be worried?
    No, not at all. I have an Asus myself. Just gathering info.
    See a few others that commented also have Asus.

There was a unrelated issue maybe last year which turned out to be an issue with Asus bundled software that came with motherboards, causing a dx conflict on the menu screen.
    See vids in post #2 here.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=22308
    Some comments from youtubers said one or 2 other boards software caused conflicts but mainly the Asus Sonic Suite at the time.

That said I have turned off any Asus software I can in trying to nail down this current issue with no success, just guess its always going to be my starting point.
    This issue we have currently was definitively caused with the Windows Fall update. Everything was fine before that.
    So, something in the Fall update is not playing nicely with something else. As some people have no issue at all with Fall update (arguably most people) then its a matter of trying to find out where the conflict is.

Trial and error I'm afraid for now.
    If you can think of any software you might be running (in the background or task bar)that uses overlays, or anything that is unnecessary, shut that down before starting the game.
    Dying to find a solution for this.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; Dec-05-2017 at 14:29.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

After a few trials, I have strong circumstantial evidence that, in my case, the application causing the overlay which makes the mouse unresponsive is the Steam client itself! Right after loading the game, I accidentally pressed some key that opened the "Steam Overlay" and experienced the mouse problem without starting any mission. Then, I closed the game, disabled all overlays from the Steam client (look in Steam / Settings) and relaunched the game.

Started a mission, exited, tried several times, restarted the game.. no problem; the mouse seems to be working fine now in CoD.
    I will keep trying and report what I find, but for now, fingers crossed (well, except in combat, of course): it seems it is OK.

Uranor

No, not at all. I have an Asus myself. Just gathering info.
    See a few others that commented also have Asus.

There was a unrelated issue maybe last year which turned out to be an issue with Asus bundled software that came with motherboards, causing a dx conflict on the menu screen.
    See vids in post #2 here.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=22308
    Some comments from youtubers said one or 2 other boards software caused conflicts but mainly the Asus Sonic Suite at the time.

That said I have turned off any Asus software I can in trying to nail down this current issue with no success, just guess its always going to be my starting point.
    This issue we have currently was definitively caused with the Windows Fall update. Everything was fine before that.
    So, something in the Fall update is not playing nicely with something else. As some people have no issue at all with Fall update (arguably most people) then its a matter of trying to find out where the conflict is.

Trial and error I'm afraid for now.
    If you can think of any software you might be running (in the background or task bar)that uses overlays, or anything that is unnecessary, shut that down before starting the game.
    Dying to find a solution for this.

28. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by uranor View Post
    After a few trials, I have strong circumstantial evidence that, in my case, the application causing the overlay which makes the mouse unresponsive is the Steam client itself! Right after loading the game, I accidentally pressed some key that opened the "Steam Overlay" and experienced the mouse problem without starting any mission. Then, I closed the game, disabled all overlays from the Steam client (look in Steam / Settings) and relaunched the game.

Started a mission, exited, tried several times, restarted the game.. no problem; the mouse seems to be working fine now in CoD.
    I will keep trying and report what I find, but for now, fingers crossed (well, except in combat, of course): it seems it is OK.

Uranor
    Am I ever wrong?

I am more suprised my advice on how to problem solve North Korea's nuclear ambitions hasn't been acted upon. Or the time, I suggested a quick fix to the Y2K problem. Or the time I suggest a fiscally sensible, resource unintensive bloodless solution to the Vietnam War!

But no. No one listens. I am a ghostly Saint among men. A Shephard among sheep. Doing my best to keep the flock safe from the fangs of computerised wolves.

When I stand at the Pearly gates, I better get some long deserved accolades!

...and a medal. I want a damn medal!

30. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Am I ever wrong?

I am more suprised my advice on how to problem solve North Korea's nuclear ambitions hasn't been acted upon. Or the time, I suggested a quick fix to the Y2K problem. Or the time I suggest a fiscally sensible, resource unintensive bloodless solution to the Vietnam War!

But no. No one listens. I am a ghostly Saint among men. A Shephard among sheep. Doing my best to keep the flock safe from the fangs of computerised wolves.

When I stand at the Pearly gates, I better get some long deserved accolades!

...and a medal. I want a damn medal!
    My Steam overlays have been disabled since the beginning of time, however, stranger things have happened and maybe this is miraculously turned on now by a ghost in the night.
    I am travelling the next few days so will only be able to check on Friday evening again.

But in the interim spook, a in the field medal

Single malt and pretty girls to follow on Friday if verified

32. Likes Pans liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I shall wear that slightly effiminate Noddy medal with great pride.

34. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

glad i found this thread as i have the same problem. guess ill be rolling back when i get the chance. so annoying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell119 View Post
    glad i found this thread as i have the same problem. guess ill be rolling back when i get the chance. so annoying!
    As per TWC_Sp00k's + Uranor's post, Check your steam overlay option (turn them off) just in case. Might save you some heartache

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

wasnt the steam overlay.

must be the creators update so annoying!

38. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell119 View Post
    wasnt the steam overlay.

must be the creators update so annoying!
    It may be another "overlay" that you (like me with Steam) are not aware of. I too have the (infamous) Fall Creator update, but since disabling Steam overlays, I am no longer seeing that issue. Close all the "Tray Icons" that you can afford to live without and then try again to launch CoD. Good luck and good hunting.

40. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Yup, can be a myriad of things.
    All I know is same system and settings, +Fall update = bad / Same system no Fall update = happiness.

No steam overlays are active, at least that I can see/find.
    If I run v1703 of win 10 no problem, anything past that it goes tits up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast