Thread: WOTR - Wings Over The Reich

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

WOTR - Wings Over The Reich

Probable the Single Player's last hope
    WiP from creators of the acclaimed Wings Over Flanders Field.

Single Player only.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
    http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/gallery.htm

Graphics looks good for their old engine - based on CFS3.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Feb-03-2019 at 10:27.

Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

Re: WOTR - Wings Over The Reich

Huh...it's not dead yet.

I'm interested, but still skeptical that a few (mainly 2?) guys can pull all that off. I guess I'll go ahead and bookmark this now since it's seems to be going somewhere.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

anyone know if this game will have VR support ?

I can't seem to find an official game forum.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Haven't seen anything official. Their WOFF WW1 sim didn't have official VR support. WOTR is built on the same engine as WOFF so I wouldn't be too hopeful... at least initially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Remember this is based on the age-old CFS3 engine, so likely running on DX9 (at best). I wouldn't hold my breath for the WOTR devs to implement VR as that would require a complete engine overhaul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Visuals still similar to WOFF.

WINGS OVER THE REICH - May 2018 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Our new WW2 combat flight simulator in development is progressing well and getting closer to completion. Here are a few taster screen-shots.

OBDNews_May_2018_05-10-18-21-06-48.jpg
    OBDNews_May_2018_05-18-18-12-20-09.jpg
    OBDNews_May_2018_03-06-18-12-06-42s.jpg
    OBDNews_May_2018_04-24-18-12-28-55.jpg

Please note that all items are subject to change. 'WOTR' features a newly written dynamic campaign system, redesigned by OBD for WW2, together with OBD's living world environment, as well as revised and uprated AI systems, to really bring WW2 air battles to life!
    Last edited by 1lokos; May-19-2018 at 17:26.

Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

WOTR is out obviously and deserves a look. At 29.99 you can't really go wrong. It has the best single player career available right now, and an intelligent AI to fight. It is easy to set up for Hotas and is my number 1 go to Combat Sim to jump in quickly and fly SP Career. Check it out. If you have flown in WOFF UE then you know what kind of quality product OBD(Old Brown Dog, CFS Devs) brings to the table and continually support. If you love Combat Flight Sims and are one to support the Combat Flight Sim niche, then this small development group is worth checking into. Yes WOTR is based off of CFS3 and is DX9(there are hints of possible DX11 upgrade???), but don't let this fool you, OBD has done an extensive rewrite and update of the engine, graphics, AI and Dynamic SP Career. The guys at OBD love creating flight sims, they have proven this with the success of WOFF UE being the best SP WWI Dynamic Career flight sim available and now they are producing the same type of quality flight sim in the BOB Theater of WWII. There plans to extend WOTR through the years into 1945 are on the drawing board, but they cannot achieve these plans without support from the flight sim community. If you love Combat Flight Sims then you owe it to yourself to check out Wings Over The Reich and see what a gem in the rough that it is. I have a feeling it will only get better if single player Combat Flight Sim enthusiasts take an interest and support the dream of Old Brown Dog developers. Here are a few of my favorite pictures taken in game. I hope you will consider supporting OBD and purchasing WOTR and seeing for yourself what these Gents are bringing to the table for Combat Flight Sim Enthusiasts. I am in no way associated with OBD or under any agreement to publicise WOTR or OBD. I just really like what they are doing and want to share my experience with WOTR. In a nutshell, I have a LOT OF FUN with WOTR!!!

As an incentive to anyone interested I will give away 1 free copy of WOTR very soon. I will be checking with Polovski from OBD to see how I can do this. If you are interested to be in the pool, I will put all names on pieces of paper, mix them up in a hat of my choosing and I will draw the winning name and then post that name here. Just reply to this thread with your name as your entry if you want to be in the drawing. Once I figure this out I will update this post.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/

Edit: I just want to say that I support TFS for all it has done to reclaim CLOD as one of the best Combat

Flight Sims and also the collaboration with 1C to take CLOD to the next level in CLOD 5.0

(Sands of Tobruk???) I am impatiently awaiting 5.0 with Great expectations. Can't Wait guys!

It is a day 1 purchase for me.

Thanks to the owners of ATAG for letting members discuss other Combat Flight Sims.

We are truly spoiled for Great Flight Sims right now. Thanks to all who have the passion to create

Great Flight Sims and entertain the Combat Flight Sim Junkies around the world!

S!Blade<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-20-2019 at 21:34.

8. Likes \Hawk/, ATAG_Snapper, Hurricane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Sign me up: \Hawk/

Edit: BM: You are in Sir! Look at the Official Give Away thread in the WOTR section.
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-20-2019 at 21:39.

10. Likes Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Quote Originally Posted by \Hawk/ View Post
    Sign me up: \Hawk/
    Your in Sir.

S!Blade<><

12. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Also interested...

edit: BM: ami7bf couldn't wait. He took the plunge! He is out of the drawing.
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-05-2019 at 23:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Yes please buddy.

Hurricane (Dogbert1953)

edit: BM: Dogbert1953 couldn't wait, he jumped in with both feet buying WOFF UE and WOTR. He is out of the drawing.
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-08-2019 at 21:02.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

15. Likes Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Hey guys, Snapper will be creating a "New" WOTR specific thread for us WOTR heads, so be on the look out for it in the coming days. I will be figuring out how to give WOTR away this weekend. There is no gift option that I am aware of, so I am not sure how to do it actually. I will be checking with Pol over at OBD to see what my options are.
    Once I figure it out we will either give it one or two weeks until I do the drawing. Still impatiently waiting on CLOD 5.0 and in the mean time I am flying the latest patch in CLOD and liking it as well as flying WOTR a LOT.
    The odds are getting worse by the day Gents. It is now up to 33.3% odds to win WOTR.

S!Blade<><

Snapper edit: Yep, Blade_Meister is right - here's the new WOTR forum. As his reward I've made him Moderator! Hey, no favour ever goes unpunished. LOL

Yes no favor goes unpunished! Well with that illustrious send off I am still awaiting my Baton Snapper, or is it Mr. Snapper? or Sir Snapper? Reichsmarschall Snapper? .... See PM if you are lost.
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-05-2019 at 23:01. Reason: Snapper added a comment. :)

17. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Blade_Meister View Post
    Hey guys, Snapper will be creating a "New" WOTR specific thread for us WOTR heads, so be on the look out for it in the coming days. I will be figuring out how to give WOTR away this weekend. There is no gift option that I am aware of, so I am not sure how to do it actually. I will be checking with Pol over at OBD to see what my options are.
    Once I figure it out we will either give it one or two weeks until I do the drawing. Still impatiently waiting on CLOD 5.0 and in the mean time I am flying the latest patch in CLOD and liking it as well as flying WOTR a LOT.
    The odds are getting worse by the day Gents. It is now up to 33.3% odds to win WOTR.

S!Blade<><
    Leave me out, just bought it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I shall put my han up as well mate.

I will be waiting at dispersal, flight kit at the ready for the news to arrive.

Pattle

Edit: BM: You are in Sir! Look at the Official Give Away thread in the WOTR section.
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-20-2019 at 21:40.

20. Likes Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    I shall put my hand up as well mate.

I will be waiting at dispersal, flight kit at the ready for the news to arrive.

Pattle
    Well Mr. Pattle, there surely will be an inspection to make sure your kit is in top order and that you are beaming from brow to toe. Shiny your boots and trim your stache to be in order for the announcement forthcoming Sir!
    We are holding at 33.3% odds.

S!Blade<><

22. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ami7b5 View Post
    Leave me out, just bought it.
    Thanks ami. Hope you enjoy WOTR. It took me a couple of weeks in to get where I was really glad I bought WOTR.
    Here is the link to the "Mods" page at SimHQ. If nothing else try the map mod as it really brings acuracy to the in game map. The original in game map is bad, so try this. All of these mods are JSGME ready as I remember.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...the-reich-mods

S!Blade<><

24. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'd like to be in the draw please. WOTR looks like another good addition to the SP flight sim experience. Cheers.

Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-20-2019 at 21:40.

Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

I've checked in here and there to see how WOTR was progressing, and it looks pretty interesting. I humbly will submit my name for the draw as well.

Last edited by Blade_Meister; Feb-20-2019 at 21:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Your in gents. Still working the legistics of how to actually give WOTR away, but I will figure it out one way or another.

S!Blade<><

28. Likes 242Sqn_Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

We figured out how to do this. I created a giveaway thread here. Please refer to this thread below for all further giveaway info.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=30475

Thanks, S!Blade<><

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Yes please buddy.

Hurricane (Dogbert1953)

edit: BM: Dogbert1953 couldn't wait, he jumped in with both feet buying WOFF UE and WOTR. He is out of the drawing.
    You can have mine to give away as well BM.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blade_Meister View Post
    WOTR is out obviously and deserves a look. At 29.99 you can't really go wrong. It has the best single player career available right now, and an intelligent AI to fight. It is easy to set up for Hotas and is my number 1 go to Combat Sim to jump in quickly and fly SP Career. Check it out. If you have flown in WOFF UE then you know what kind of quality product OBD(Old Bird Dog, CFS Devs) brings to the table and continually support. If you love Combat Flight Sims and are one to support the Combat Flight Sim niche, then this small development group is worth checking into. Yes WOTR is based off of CFS3 and is DX9(there are hints of possible DX11 upgrade???), but don't let this fool you, OBD has done an extensive rewrite and update of the engine, graphics, AI and Dynamic SP Career. The guys at OBD love creating flight sims, they have proven this with the success of WOFF UE being the best SP WWI Dynamic Career flight sim available and now they are producing the same type of quality flight sim in the BOB Theater of WWII. There plans to extend WOTR through the years into 1945 are on the drawing board, but they cannot achieve these plans without support from the flight sim community. If you love Combat Flight Sims then you owe it to yourself to check out Wings Over The Reich and see what a gem in the rough that it is. I have a feeling it will only get better if single player Combat Flight Sim enthusiasts take an interest and support the dream of Old Bird Dog developers. Here are a few of my favorite pictures taken in game. I hope you will consider supporting OBD and purchasing WOTR and seeing for yourself what these Gents are bringing to the table for Combat Flight Sim Enthusiasts. I am in no way associated with OBD or under any agreement to publicise WOTR or OBD. I just really like what they are doing and want to share my experience with WOTR. In a nutshell, I have a LOT OF FUN with WOTR!!!

As an incentive to anyone interested I will give away 1 free copy of WOTR very soon. I will be checking with Polovski from OBD to see how I can do this. If you are interested to be in the pool, I will put all names on pieces of paper, mix them up in a hat of my choosing and I will draw the winning name and then post that name here. Just reply to this thread with your name as your entry if you want to be in the drawing. Once I figure this out I will update this post.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/

Edit: I just want to say that I support TFS for all it has done to reclaim CLOD as one of the best Combat

Flight Sims and also the collaboration with 1C to take CLOD to the next level in CLOD 5.0

(Sands of Tobruk???) I am impatiently awaiting 5.0 with Great expectations. Can't Wait guys!

It is a day 1 purchase for me.

Thanks to the owners of ATAG for letting members discuss other Combat Flight Sims.

We are truly spoiled for Great Flight Sims right now. Thanks to all who have the passion to create

Great Flight Sims and entertain the Combat Flight Sim Junkies around the world!

S!Blade<><

I’m really impressed with the clouds, in these pictures. Being an old glider pilot, I look for such things. There seems to be a hint of active weather, from those storm clouds. True/False?
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

TWC_Slag, I am not sure how to answer that question actually. I have never encountered live weather, like say one takes off in overcast and then part way through the mission it starts raining. The clouds are beautiful though.

S!Blade<><