Darkest Hour WW2 movie

Darkest Hour Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNOCzV5jG0

And he´s (Gary Oldman) in it, that made it a most see for me
    Even a blind mosquito finds its way home

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Darkest Hour WW2 movie

Missed this thread...and only today became aware of this movie...My guess is it'll be a talky...

When I saw the title I thought it was a movie about the destruction of the French fleet at Mers-el-Kébir...so was looking forward to that...But not sure as the trailer seems to be more about the beginning of the war...

Look forward to seeing it either way...but it'll have to be good to beat Brendan Gleesons 'Into the Storm'...which is a corker of a movie...and must see if you haven't already...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

3. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We keep getting WWII movies released which mirror the subject of CLIFFS OF DOVER and get people excited about that period of history... can't be a bad thing.

5. Likes Silent135, danperin, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    My guess is it'll be a talky...
    Yeah it looks like that. I'm not into those movies unless I want to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

They need Major setback to fix the the 1942 roundel on the DC3 though !

8. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

prefer him in the 5th Element ... "Zorg, you're a MONSTER ... (sweet smile) yes, I know "

((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I thought he was great in Mike Leighs 'MeanTime'...as was Tim Roth...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

12. Likes AKA_Blasto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!~"

Lewis..you slay me man. LOL

The best over-acted Dracula ever... over-directed and over-rated...Oldman... Dram Stokers" Dracula"..Keannu ...Rider..Hopkins...best comedy of the year.

S!~ AKA_Blasto
    Last edited by AKA_Blasto; Dec-13-2017 at 10:26. Reason: grammar
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

14. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank View Post
    They need Major setback to fix the the 1942 roundel on the DC3 though !
    only the roundel? it looked like it had be cut from the original Call of Duty graphics....still I suppose it wasnt a Buchon pretending to be a Dakota..small mercies
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Saw this film yesterday with the wifey...

Pretty much what it says on the box...a talky right through...Interesting and watchable...Oldman is brilliant as Churchill and Ben Mendelson is total genius in his portrayal of King George...Kristin Thomas as 'Clemmy' is beautifully acted...Interesting conversation between Churchill (in the toilet) and Roosevelt...but the interaction between Mendelson and Oldman is a powerful and wonderful to watch...

I haven't seen Mendelson do a bad job...The first time I saw him was in 'Animal Kingdom'...That is a must watch film for me...If you haven't seen it then I recommend it...

A single shot showing the boats leaving Dover (probably CGI) gives more of the scale than 'Dunkirk' did...I wondered why they never used CGI for a shot or two in that film just for scale?

Conclusion: If you aren't that into the historical political aspect of this stuff...then a no go...If you like the British history and if you like watching a masterclass of acting all round then I recommend seeing this...

I enjoyed it...

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jan-16-2018 at 01:04.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

just saw it a town over, excellent 9/10, would have given it a 10/10 but the "political Correctness" lost a point.

It should win best picture and oldman win best actor.
    Last edited by HurricaneHarvest; Jan-22-2018 at 22:55.
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

I liked it. A well acted period piece drama, Brought out the tenuous grasp Churchill had on power in those early days.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

19. Likes ATAG_Lewis, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

21. Likes ATAG_Vampire, farley, CarlMarks liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Gary Oldman , brilliant actor and obviously has a great sense of humour.

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Saw 'Darkest Hour' the other day. Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant! Yes, Lew's right....it is 'all words' but I didn't lose interest for a second. Gary Oldham is a huge Tour de Force!!! Salute!

P.s Looks like the man can dance, too....respect! LoL!

24. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Thanks for the thumbs up guys.

I am going to see it this w/e, and hope to take my kids. My son knows about the BoB, and I can educate my daughter on the basics of the time, on the way to the show.

It's unfortunate that I feel a need to see it sooner rather than later because I can't tell how long it will be in the theatre since it doesn't, far as I know, have a costumed character in it.....
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Hmm Farley...I'm not sure the kids will like it...You might need to take a pillow each for them...

Gateway to Downeast Maine (New England) USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Saw this film yesterday with the wifey...

Pretty much what it says on the box...a talky right through...Interesting and watchable...Oldman is brilliant as Churchill and Ben Mendelson is total genius in his portrayal of King George...Kristin Thomas as 'Clemmy' is beautifully acted...Interesting conversation between Churchill (in the toilet) and Roosevelt...but the interaction between Mendelson and Oldman is a powerful and wonderful to watch...

I haven't seen Mendelson do a bad job...The first time I saw him was in 'Animal Kingdom'...That is a must watch film for me...If you haven't seen it then I recommend it...

A single shot showing the boats leaving Dover (probably CGI) gives more of the scale than 'Dunkirk' did...I wondered why they never used CGI for a shot or two in that film just for scale?

Conclusion: If you aren't that into the historical political aspect of this stuff...then a no go...If you like the British history and if you like watching a masterclass of acting all round then I recommend seeing this...

I enjoyed it...

...Lew...
    Lew - I finally saw Darkest Hour last night. It is now streaming on Amazon prime for $5.99. I thought it was great acting and historical insight into political events of the period. As I have mention in thread "Least We Forget", my Uncle was with the Canadian forces withdrawal from France a couple of weeks later on 17 May in "Operation Aerial" (Brest).

In my post a month or so I go I provided the back story on Churchill's toilet phone call to Rosevellt.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28198
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Das ist nur nutzlose Britische propaganda, mehr nicht!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Mar-03-2018 at 16:56.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

Looks like Oldman just won the "Best Actor" Academy Award for this film tonight- dying to see it!

30. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post