Thread: VirPil WarBRD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

VirPil WarBRD

►Introducing the VPC WarBRD

VPC and BRD are pleased to announce our first collaboration project - the VPC WarBRD!

The VPC WarBRD is the newest generation of desktop flightsticks perfect for piloting any warbird to it’s highest potential! Featuring the latest iteration of BRD’s world famous compact, all metal, dual-cam mechanics and VPC’s own highly versatile electronic systems.

Being equipped with the same connector standard and electronics as the VPC MongoosT-50®, ensures the VPC WarBRD will have complete compatibility with VPC’s existing and future grips without requiring any adapters or modifications.

The VPC WarBRD will be positioned below the VPC MongoosT-50® in the VPC product lineup to become the ultimate desktop joystick at an affordable price.

Targeted for a release in Q1 2018, more information including a full overview of the VPC WarBRD features, specifications and pricing will be released in the near future.

Stay tuned for more news on the VPC WarBRD!
    The "entry level" (in "high end" joystick segment) desktop base option of VirPil/VPC, using BRD-DS dual CAM gimbal mechanics (optimized for desktop use).

Compatible "BnP" with VirPil, Cougar, Warthog, Baur and Cheee2006 KG-13B grips.

Can use with Debolestis 3DPrinted adapters + Shift Register PCB (both available)

F-15'ish grips from Suncom
    F-16'ish grips from CH
    B-8'ish grips from old Thrustmater FCS, X-Fighter, Top Gun
    And "spacecraft" grips of Saitek's X-yz.

Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-10-2017 at 10:25.

2. Likes =FI=Murph liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: VirPil WarBRD

Gimbal internals - 16 bearings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Bumping this thread as I have received my WarBRD base and WarBRD grip 1 week ago. So far extremely happy with the base, I currently run the Cosmosim no center cams and stock springs and it is butter smooth and precise.
    The grip I have mixed feelings about due to 1 or 2 design flaws. I have ordered a separate Warthog F-16 grip and will try that in combo with the WarBRD base. Give it 2 months time and I will likely post a review on this forum like I did on the Gladiator NXT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

any force feedback in these sticks, that would really be worth upgrading for IMO.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

No FFB Jack.

I have the Virpil Mongoose. Fifteenth grip to Karaya's and having seen the model he has, I'm glad to have mine.

Excellent but of kit. Best joystick I have had by a long way, and I've tried plenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Personally I dont need a million hats and switches on my stick, the WarBRD has just the right amount for my taste. Also the WarBRD is much shorter than the T-50 grip, so much better suited for a desktop situation. And at just 90€ it is the most affordable option. All other compatible grips are 160€ and up.

As for the WarBRD base I think it's without doubt on a level with the Mongoose and Gunfighter. All of them are very well built, high quality and full metal.
    The WarBRD has the advantage of being dual cam per axis so it's got a stronger centering action and 100% symmetric deflection forces for both sides of an axis. I've read that that was not the case on the Mongoose until Virpil reworked its cams. I dont know any other high end stick that features a dual cam design, which is a pity.

Anyways, I'm getting the Thrustmaster F-16 stick today and will try that out together with my WarBRD base.
    Last edited by Karaya; Apr-17-2021 at 08:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!~
    I use a $35 Logitech Extreme 3d Pro twisty stick. My $139 CH Products rudder pedals have been unplugged for 10 years. No doubt all your sticks are great...but sometimes its not the stick...its experience with the equipment you know.
    I have very modern...'black' gun firearms...yet when I go south to open range wild boar hunt...I bring iron sight 1916 Mauser's and long gun 91/30 Mosin Nagants...old school hammers that wallop what they touch. Like a joystick...its not always the equipment...its the hunter...its the shooter...its your created luck.
    Now to go get myself a better stick after reading this! lol. Thanks for the tips...and yes I did blast 8 huge feral hogs with those antique firearms...and finished one charging me with my 45. Hoooot!

AKA_Blasto
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

I've been using 60€ T.16000Ms for the past decade or more. Before that I was using Logitech 3D Pros and Thrustmaster Fox2 Pros. Never owned more expensive joysticks than those. Before ~2013 I didn't even have rudder pedals or TrackIR.
    It's true that your own skill matters much more than your hardware. If your flying was poor before, a highend joystick won't suddenly transform you into a killing machine.
    However for me personally it was long time to get something fancy that I can show to curious visitors that doesnt look like a child's toy.

10. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post