Thread: Suggestions for a TV monitor

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Suggestions for a TV monitor

Looking for suggestions about buying A 40-42" TV monitor. What model, brand and /or specs should I seek. Any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

Re: Suggestions for a TV monitor

S! Detroitkid,

Food for thought I've got a 52" 1080 T.V. that I am using but my wingman has a 32" 720 T.V. that he is using. Granted I'm able to get a better image out of my T.V. but my wingman is able to spot targets about 2KM farther than I am.

I also have to limit my FPS to 60 or I get tearing (a line) across the center of my screen. I do however rock a steady 60 FPS all the time over all terrain even when filming so this limitation is not a big deal.

I'm running an RCA 52" 1080i TV/Monitor
    Wigman is running a Dynex 32" 720i TV/Monitor

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Re: Suggestions for a TV monitor

Thank you for your input. I will shop around for something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I’m using an old and ancient 46” Samsung LCD TV connected to my PC via HDMI. I run a second small cheap no-name monitor which has TeamSpeak up on it, as well as EVGA Precision X utility to keep my video card cool, etc. The reason I’m using the family TV is because my wife took over my office for her home-based computerized embroidery business, stole my 27” Samsung 120 hz monitor, and relegated me to the downstairs rec room with the family cats.

I am thrilled with it. Even at 60hz and 1080p Clod is magnificent, especially with the TFS 4.5 patch. The cockpits are literally life-sized, and contacts on the large screen are not too hard to spot. I don’t know what the lag is in msec, but I’m not bothered by it. There is no ghosting nor pixelation — it just looks really good to my eyes.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Vizio E-43 4k works great for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Hello, DetroitKid.

I'm using a 42" Sharp LED. It's great, and I'm usually the first to spot contacts when flying with others. About 16 kms from my estimates.

The colours look great and it's capable of 120mH, which is a good feature if you want to increase your refresh rate for games. With TVs, make sure you adjust settings from Game-AV mode to maximize performance. This often allows the 120mH to activate, otherwise the TV may be running at 60mH. Windows 10 should support 120mH.

Resolution 1920 x 1080
    Display Format 1080p (Full HD)

Don't waste your money on WiFi or SMART features, since you will most likely be attached to your modem/router.

I paid ~$500CAN just a couple of years ago.

If you want to take a look, here is the product code. Sharp LC-42LB261U 42" LED TV

Good luck with your eye surgery, and speedy recovery.

Cheers

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cool Re: Suggestions for a TV monitor

Thanks guys, exactly what I needed. Getting the right eye fixed Jan 15.