Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public and available on Steam :)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public and available on Steam :)

Quote Originally Posted by electraguard View Post
    I use PCMatic and I turned it off in the start up and then reboot. PCmatic is not running but it still doesn't work work. I tried running as the administrator and not. Still didn't work. The "access denied 0x5" still comes back from time to time. Both Clod and Clod Blitz now say it is running when you select play but the 'running' message next to the game name in the list only lasts a few seconds, then changes to some else and goes away and nothing happens. What 'running' changes to before it disparages, I don't know because it happens too fast.

The game never starts and, therefore, never show up when/if I start task manager via crl/alt/delete. The only thing that shows up is Steam bootstrap.

I still believe there is a cache in some folder that needs to be cleared but I can't find it.

Also, IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad works fine.
    There was also this issue some weeks ago, where due to a Steam update the game failed starting. Not sure if you already tried this:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28130

You could also try renaming the following folder and then try starting:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Re: IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz is now public and available on Steam :)

Quote Originally Posted by katschmarek View Post
    There was also this issue some weeks ago, where due to a Steam update the game failed starting. Not sure if you already tried this:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28130

You could also try renaming the following folder and then try starting:

Turning off beta testing didn't work and I don't understand your renaming. You can use a '\' in a folder name. Are you saying to added a folder named \il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover in the 1C SoftClub folder?

I am going to try rebooting in the safe mode and see if it runs in there.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

No, I meant renaming the bolded folder:

to something else, so the game creates a new, clean folder on start-up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.87 GB

Quote Originally Posted by katschmarek View Post
    No, I meant renaming the bolded folder:

to something else, so the game creates a new, clean folder on start-up.
    I FOUND THE PROBLEM BUT NOT THE ROOT CAUSE. I REBOOTED IN THE SAFE MODE AND THE GAME WORKED. SO THERE IS SOME PROGRAM OR DRIVER THAT WAS INSTALLED RECENTLY THAT IS INTERFERING WITH THE GAME START UP. AFTER i DETERMINE WHAT IS CAUSING THE INTERFERENCE I WILL POST IT HERE.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345