Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

Hello all

We welcome feedback on the new 'Blitz' edition of CLIFFS OF DOVER.

We will be monitoring comments and criticisms... although a patch is unlikely for at least a month.

We would also like to encourage those who enjoy the 'Blitz' edition to give their reviews on the Steam page.

If you give the game a good review, that will attract more buyers and improve TF's chances of continuing with this project.

Cheers from Team Fusion

Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

Re: Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

Ah...let me be "that guy" and mention a few things. First off, looks nice! Congratulations on the release. I ran into my first tree today simply because I could I'm haven't played with all the settings and put all the graphics options where they should be, but it seems that cities are still FPS murder overall. I noticed some of the improvements/difference in the cockpits, and they are even better than before. I look forward to reflying the 109, 110, etc. to check out the flight model differences with all the fixes.

Main problem for me is launcher crash about 50% of the time. Crashes, start the game up again and it works. So an intermittent problem.

Final mention: I know you all are working within the confines of the original GUI design, and up until BOS the IL-2 series has always been very utilitarian (ugly) in that department. Even so, the new backgrounds are cool, but the graphics options screen, controls screen (this is the worst), etc. totally blend into those backgrounds depending on what image shows up on rotation. Like the screenshot I have attached. Same goes for the plane selection pop up, as it all kind of blends in together with the opacity allowing the background to bleed into everything else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FightingSteel1; Dec-14-2017 at 16:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FightingSteel1 View Post
    Ah...let me be "that guy" and mention a few things. First off, looks nice! Congratulations on the release. I ran into my first tree today simply because I could I'm haven't played with all the settings and put all the graphics options where they should be, but it seems that cities are still FPS murder overall. I noticed some of the improvements/difference in the cockpits, and they are even better than before. I look forward to reflying the 109, 110, etc. to check out the flight model differences with all the fixes.

Main problem for me is launcher crash about 50% of the time. Crashes, start the game up again and it works. So an intermittent problem.

Final mention: I know you all are working within the confines of the original GUI design, and up until BOS the IL-2 series has always been very utilitarian (ugly) in that department. Even so, the new backgrounds are cool, but the graphics options screen, controls screen (this is the worst), etc. totally blend into those backgrounds depending on what image shows up on rotation. Like the screenshot I have attached. Same goes for the plane selection pop up, as it all kind of blends in together with the opacity allowing the background to blend into everything else.
    If you want to improve your FPS over cities, please disable the distant building shadows.

Launcher crashes are usually related to other programs running over the game.... overlays, etc. Please check your desktop for unnecessary programs.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello,
    My blitz is not working. I have got message "Launcher has stopped working", details:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: launcher64.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 59c99be6
    Problem Signature 04: maddox
    Problem Signature 05: 4.5.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 5a22c69d
    Problem Signature 07: 1646
    Problem Signature 08: 52
    Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1045
    Additional Information 1: dba8
    Additional Information 2: dba8768df5c55d7eae2f8417e091d875
    Additional Information 3: 3c8f
    Additional Information 4: 3c8f2638e0ee7f73be23c06cf2731336

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I've got Win 7 Core i7 64bit system 16GB memory. 4.312 was working.

I have an old installation of CLOD - done 3,5 years ago. Maybe some elements were created with older versions (?!? NET Framework ?!?). I will try uninstall everything and install it again from Steam.
    Regards
    Barn
    Last edited by ATAG_Barn Swallow; Dec-14-2017 at 16:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Is that crash starting or playing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by tomekdm View Post
    Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
    This indicates that the game is 64 bits but is trying to run in 32 bits. Are you sure your Windows is 64 bits?

4.312 was 32 bits. Blitz does not support 32 bits systems.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello,
    I have 64 bit system. First I will try update Win7 (system is downloading about 1GB of updates, I think I had them switched off) then I will try reinstall bloth CLOD's.
    Last edited by ATAG_Barn Swallow; Dec-14-2017 at 16:35.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The same problem like tomekdm has. The game is crashing on start, the same message, there is no 1C folder created in Documents.

Win 7 64 bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    If you want to improve your FPS over cities, please disable the distant building shadows.

Launcher crashes are usually related to other programs running over the game.... overlays, etc. Please check your desktop for unnecessary programs.
    I'll do that with the shadows, though cities have always been a big FPS hit since the game came out.

Just have Steam running and didn't have launcher crashes before. It's been mentioned by a few other people today, and I'll keep track of how frequent it happens to me.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post
    The same problem like tomekdm has. The game is crashing on start, the same message, there is no 1C folder created in Documents.

Win 7 64 bit
    Did you rename the 1csoft from your old install? Also, are you playing from Steam? Once the game installs, and you click play it should run the initial set up which creates the Mydocuments/1csoft folder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I'll do that with the shadows, though cities have always been a big FPS hit since the game came out.

Just have Steam running and didn't have launcher crashes before. It's been mentioned by a few other people today, and I'll keep track of how frequent it happens to me.
    The shadows option will increase your FPS over cities.

The crashes: Not every crash is the same. There could be crashes for several reasons. For example (not limited to):
    1.- The game now runs 64 bits. If a 32 bits overlay is used, it will crash.
    2.- The game now runs DX11. If the video card does not support DX11, the game will crash at startup.
    3.- If you ran the old game as admin and are running Blitz as normal user, there could be permissions issues on the "my documents\cliffs..." folder and the game would crash.
    etc..

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Did you rename the 1csoft from your old install? Also, are you playing from Steam? Once the game installs, and you click play it should run the initial set up which creates the Mydocuments/1csoft folder.
    I deleted the 1Csoft. Tried from steam, from the folder, disabled AV...checked 'Disable desktop composition' and 'Run as admin'...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

First impression...... BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you all so much for this early Christmas present
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

14. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Those having Crash problems please see this post:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27253

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

By golly, I'm stunned. It's beautiful! My hat's off to TF.
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

17. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

I'm running as Admin now, and it's started ok last couple times. Probably turn off the Steam Overlay as well.

Really liking this so far though. Love the new sounds, tracer effects and the ground looks so much better. This is what the sim should have been like from the beginning.

19. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

OK, first off, not having a go at anyone and my compliments to TF for all their hard work on this release. And yes I know it's free but if a post asks for criticism then people will post it.

I have all the graphics settings set the same as 4.3 (which had Reshade running) and there are loads of Stutters in general and over a large town the framerate is atrocious, especially when firing guns (dropped from anywhere between 65-95 to as low as 7). This is really bad and tbh having to turn stuff down (Shadows etc) shouldn't have to be an option.

I can only imagine what it would be like on a server such as Warbirds etc with 40 bombers all firing at you with flak in the air as well.

To be honest I started having horrible flashbacks to when CLOD first came out and we couldn't play it for a year.

Hopefully this is just an isolated issue and can be fixed easily by either me (my system) or 4.5 (and an easy fix).

Either way Kudos to TF for their efforts and especially for making it a separate install so I can still play 4.3.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    OK, first off, not having a go at anyone and my compliments to TF for all their hard work on this release. And yes I know it's free but if a post asks for criticism then people will post it.

I have all the graphics settings set the same as 4.3 (which had Reshade running) and there are loads of Stutters in general and over a large town the framerate is atrocious, especially when firing guns (dropped from anywhere between 65-95 to as low as 7). This is really bad and tbh having to turn stuff down (Shadows etc) shouldn't have to be an option.

I can only imagine what it would be like on a server such as Warbirds etc with 40 bombers all firing at you with flak in the air as well.

To be honest I started having horrible flashbacks to when CLOD first came out and we couldn't play it for a year.

Hopefully this is just an isolated issue and can be fixed easily by either me (my system) or 4.5 (and an easy fix).

Either way Kudos to TF for their efforts and especially for making it a separate install so I can still play 4.3.
    Can you post this in the tech forum along with your specs please? We have lots of settings you can try via the beta testers. The main difference I personally changed was instead of Vsync on, I turned it to fast in the Nvidia CP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Rimmer

First: Make sure your Steam overlay is turned off.

2nd: If you are having problems over cities, in options we suggest you turn Shadows OFF. Unchecking this will mean distant building shadows will not be rendered. You can't see them anyway and when there are a lot of buildings, this is a big framerate hit.

3rd: Look at turning down the amount of trees and buildings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Can you post this in the tech forum along with your specs please? We have lots of settings you can try via the beta testers. The main difference I personally changed was instead of Vsync on, I turned it to fast in the Nvidia CP.
    I certainly can mate but my system is well tweaked already inc Fast sync in Nvidia setting etc.

Unless it's a direct in game setting or a setting in a conf file there is no reason we should be going backwards by turning stuff down or off is all I'm saying. Especially as it is now running under the 64bit system and using DX11 which is newer and more streamlined.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello Rimmer

First: Make sure your Steam overlay is turned off.

2nd: If you are having problems over cities, in options we suggest you turn Shadows OFF. Unchecking this will mean distant building shadows will not be rendered. You can't see them anyway and when there are a lot of buildings, this is a big framerate hit.

3rd: Look at turning down the amount of trees and buildings
    Hi Buzz, thanks for the reply but I think you are missing the whole point. We should not be forced to turn things down of off from 4.3, that isn't really what I would call progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I certainly can mate but my system is well tweaked already inc Fast sync in Nvidia setting etc.

Unless it's a direct in game setting or a setting in a conf file there is no reason we should be going backwards by turning stuff down or off is all I'm saying. Especially as it is now running under the 64bit system and using DX11 which is newer and more streamlined.
    The graphics demands in 4.5 are much higher than in 4.312. See my above post for suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hi Rimmer,

I know you are not going to like this response but here it goes anyway
    During beta testing one of the testers had a similar issue where the FPS would drop to 7 and stay there. What finally fixed it for him was to reinstall windows which proved it was something installed causing that which we couldn't pinpoint.
    After he reinstalled windows, applied updates etc, the game ran as expected with high FPS and no stutters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Hi Buzz, thanks for the reply but I think you are missing the whole point. We should not be forced to turn things down of off from 4.3, that isn't really what I would call progress.
    Hi Rimmer. You can switch off the new options then.
    - Far static objects shadow for example can cause stutter, and lag.
    - Same with extended clouds, this also demand lot of calculation performance too.

Sadly you can not switch off the tree collision effect, but you get DX11 and 64 bit exe in exchange.

Ok I know the following settings is an old settings, but maybe you can consider to change these too, because you can gain LOT of fps without lose too much eyecandy graphics.
    - The buildings amount from unlimited to medium is increased my lowest fps by 40 (!) On my rig it's means a lot of calculation power.
    - SSAO the other options, original developers installed it, but this is one of the most performance demanding effect. Switch it off. If you don't know exactly what this effect mean, you will not notice what changed at all. Seriously.

Regardless of these graphics settings, the gameplay, stability and accuracy also improved a lot, so all in all you still get a much better and more accurate game

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

28. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The deal is, after renaming and moving 1csoftclub folder out of Documents, there's no new 1csoft folder in Mydocuments after running the initial set up

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 3.jg51_tepes View Post
    The deal is, after renaming and moving 1csoftclub folder out of Documents, there's no new 1csoft folder in Mydocuments after running the initial set up
    You don't remove the 1C SoftClub folder, you re-name the "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder inside the 1C SoftClub folder.

Thanks

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello,
    I have updated my Win 7 (almost 1GB of updates) and game is running. I need to remap my keys and joy only. Regards

Barn
    First start of win7 after update crashed, but second was OK.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

The amount of trees and vegetation is a lot higher in TF4.5.
    So if you are running the exact same settings as before, then the demand on your videocard is higher than in TF4.3.

By turning forest to medium or even low would give you the same amount of trees as in TF4.3

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Question Re: Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

Hi TF,

I haven't had time yet for anything else but starting up the game and browse through the options etc. I was especially interested in the SP options as I don't play that much MP. I noticed that the dynamic campaign option that was available in TF4.3 is not there. I hope you guys have plans to bring that back in one form or another?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    196.73 MB

Hi,

thanks for the 4.5 release, it's brilliant to finally see the release.

The layout seemed very nice and the game worked out-of-the-box for me anyway. No probs setting up control/axis etc.

I just had time for a quick mess around and a flight. I thought I'd start easy, "quick mission - Hurricanes versus Italian biplanes", this should be a walk in the park I thought. Well, I got my ass handed to me on a plate time and time again. I'd forgotten how tough this sim can be, the AI seemed very much improved..........much more practice required!

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast