Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wink Re: Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

I followed the instructions concerning the IC folder and game loaded perfectly and my first flights were beautiful.
    London looks excellent with the grass and everything works perfectly
    GOOD JOB to Team fusion

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Feedback welcome... And if you like the new edition... Let Steam know

In my opinion, "Space Shifting" should be at the top of the list for immediate improvement.

Space shifting is my euphemism for "Rubber Banding" and has an enormous impact on game play. As it stands, normal formation flying in Fingertip is impossible, as the lead plane is constantly and erratically jumping forward and backwards. Position keeping becomes nothing more than a "good guess".

This extends into the air combat arena so much that the target is frequently no longer where I have been aiming due to space shifting. I can shoot my Spitfire's guns, but suddenly my tracers are going into empty sky, the target aircraft having shifted in space. One extreme example occurred during close pursuit of a BF-110 which suddenly space shifted back into my position. I do not know how we avoided a collision.

Interestingly, this anomaly does not equally effect different maps. Some are much worse than others with "Operation New Dawn Fades" being the worse for my system. Flak proximity does not appear to have a big impact on this space shifting problem. But when it happens, it's like fighting an enemy with a "Cloaking device". The frustration is punishing.

The good news is how visually stunning Blitz looks! Just flying around looking at the scenery or running bombing missions is a pure delight. Flight characteristics are much improved!

It's a pleasure to fly, however that 800 pound gorilla is still in the room; an air combat simulator must first and foremost have a near perfect in flight close combat capability. Blitz does not, yet.
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-20-2017 at 08:47.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

3. Likes QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

My ATAG home page always says that "Dynamo" is in progress. The actual running map is usually different.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/index.php
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-20-2017 at 08:49.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Ground handling needs to be fixed. Spitfire and Hurricane normal taxi turns are just impossible, so pilots are taxiing way too fast in order to change direction. People are crashing into each other because of it.

It's as if the tail wheel is not castoring. The Blenheim can turn using differential power if you have 2 throttles, but the single engine RAF fighters are a real handful on the ground.
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-20-2017 at 08:54.

6. Likes QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    But when it happens, it's like fighting an enemy with a "Cloaking device". The frustration is punishing.
    Just want to second this. It breaks immersion something fierce, makes it very difficult to fly in tight formation, and makes my already awful gunnery... well, worse than awful.

I don't want to come off as ungrateful as I know that a tremendous amount of work went into this latest update and TFS is working on a fix, but this is a huge problem. Really looking forward to this getting resolved ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    In my opinion, "Space Shifting" should be at the top of the list for immediate improvement.

Space shifting is my euphemism for "Rubber Banding" and has an enormous impact on game play. As it stands, normal formation flying in Fingertip is impossible, as the lead plane is constantly and erratically jumping forward and backwards. Position keeping becomes nothing more than a "good guess".

This extends into the air combat arena so much that the target is frequently no longer where I have been aiming due to space shifting. I can shoot my Spitfire's guns, but suddenly my tracers are going into empty sky, the target aircraft having shifted in space. One extreme example occurred during close pursuit of a BF-110 which suddenly space shifted back into my position. I do not know how we avoided a collision.

Interestingly, this anomaly does not equally effect different maps. Some are much worse than others with "Operation New Dawn Fades" being the worse for my system. Flak proximity does not appear to have a big impact on this space shifting problem. But when it happens, it's like fighting an enemy with a "Cloaking device". The frustration is punishing.

The good news is how visually stunning Blitz looks! Just flying around looking at the scenery or running bombing missions is a pure delight. Flight characteristics are much improved!

It's a pleasure to fly, however that 800 pound gorilla is still in the room; an air combat simulator must first and foremost have a near perfect in flight close combat capability. Blitz does not, yet.
    we are actively investigating the rubberbanding issue! Its our nr1 issue atm!

9. Likes QB.Creep, Poltava liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    we are actively investigating the rubberbanding issue! Its our nr1 issue atm!
    Thank you all very much! That's all we can ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

i haven't been playing much, like 5 sorties until now, but the Spitfire (Spit Ia) feels much heavier than before, mainly when rolling, overall the stick responsiveness feels somewhat deadened; i adjusted sensitiveness and dead zones etc as much as i could; and there aren't joy curves setup anyway.

not unflyable, but the Spit became a bit lackluster maneuvering; i recon that, at some point, the spit was somewhat OP in that regard, but current balance seems unrealistic and biased towards German planes; is this really the direction you intend to keep?

visually, i've seen great effects like new explosions, new smoke, new fire sparks coming off burning engine, new really nice smoke contrails from a hit 109, all really great. congratulations on that front guys, you are delivering on that.

from the few hours played, no technical issues whatsoever but i have great internet and very good PC, maybe also luck.

S!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Raso View Post
    i haven't been playing much, like 5 sorties until now, but the Spitfire (Spit Ia) feels much heavier than before, mainly when rolling, overall the stick responsiveness feels somewhat deadened; i adjusted sensitiveness and dead zones etc as much as i could; and there aren't joy curves setup anyway.

not unflyable, but the Spit became a bit lackluster maneuvering; i recon that, at some point, the spit was somewhat OP in that regard, but current balance seems unrealistic and biased towards German planes; is this really the direction you intend to keep?

visually, i've seen great effects like new explosions, new smoke, new fire sparks coming off burning engine, new really nice smoke contrails from a hit 109, all really great. congratulations on that front guys, you are delivering on that.

from the few hours played, no technical issues whatsoever but i have great internet and very good PC, maybe also luck.

S!
    Below 12 000 feet the 109s don't stand much of chance. If you fly the Spitfire1a keep the 109s low and you will be slightly faster! Go high and they will have the advantage. If you want to fight really high, Take the SpitfireII

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.28 MB

As been said, thanks for the Christmas present. I am off this week, just brought binded all my keys and controls. I had to restart a few times for my CH Fighterstick Pro, Throttle, and Pedals to connect. All is good. Took my first offline test flight to check the controls on a Me109 E-4. Need to adjust sensitivity, but that's it. On my system, solid improvement in graphics. Now I need to upgrade my monitor to V-sync for a Christmas present. No major or other issues so far. Great job Team Fusion. Waiting for my return to North Afrika with the 5.0 upgrade. I haven't been there since the IL46 days

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Below 12 000 feet the 109s don't stand much of chance. If you fly the Spitfire1a keep the 109s low and you will be slightly faster! Go high and they will have the advantage. If you want to fight really high, Take the SpitfireII
    Not the case... the E-4B and E-4N are still faster than the Spitfires at low altitudes and the E-1 is probably as fast as a Spit.

It is only the standard E-3/E-4 which have trouble running away.

Matter of managing your radiator and oil cooler openings and the pitch settings.

109's do have to be cautious if they let the combat speeds get slow... because the Spits will initially accelerate faster if the fight turns into a chase.

But anyone who understands tactics also understands the 109's have to keep their speed up and maintain as much altitude advantage as possible.

That was the case historically and is the case in the game.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Dec-28-2017 at 04:07.

15. Likes Kling, ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Ribbs, VO101_Tom liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Have my track ir5...joystick/hotas all hooked up and everything working..FRAPS overlay works fine... Happy camper

17. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.95 MB

Hi, I have played the 4.3.1 patch for sometimes, and compared to 4.5 I can see some features not improved but worse:

1) Flames of burning planes are overdone in 4.5 compared to 4.3
    2) whistle sound wind in-cockpit closed is overdone in 4.5

Hope this can be corrected from TF team.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Hi Hawk..yes TFS is aware of the things you have mentioned, and have been discussed in other threads.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

We're still getting explosive damage to RAF Fighters with no accompanying sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Eagle View Post
    Hi, I have played the 4.3.1 patch for sometimes, and compared to 4.5 I can see some features not improved but worse:

1) Flames of burning planes are overdone in 4.5 compared to 4.3
    2) whistle sound wind in-cockpit closed is overdone in 4.5

Hope this can be corrected from TF team.
    Will be corrected!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    801.40 MB

Please for the love of all that's righteous can the in-game weathering be looked at so that 0%weathering means none of the silver paint splotches appear over certain aircraft.

Thank you.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am having Hang issues with CLOD Blitz. Cant get in at all. I posted my log file on another area of the forums here. But have received no help thus far. Can anyone assist me? Below is my log file. I really would love to play this again.

System Idle Process 0 N/A
    System 4 N/A
    smss.exe 364 N/A
    csrss.exe 508 N/A
    wininit.exe 604 N/A
    csrss.exe 620 N/A
    services.exe 680 N/A
    lsass.exe 688 KeyIso, SamSs, VaultSvc
    svchost.exe 816 PlugPlay
    svchost.exe 864 BrokerInfrastructure, DcomLaunch, Power,
    SystemEventsBroker
    winlogon.exe 872 N/A
    fontdrvhost.exe 908 N/A
    fontdrvhost.exe 968 N/A
    svchost.exe 92 RpcEptMapper, RpcSs
    svchost.exe 380 LSM
    dwm.exe 600 N/A
    svchost.exe 1096 NcbService
    svchost.exe 1128 TimeBrokerSvc
    svchost.exe 1176 hidserv
    svchost.exe 1204 Schedule
    svchost.exe 1248 ProfSvc
    ASCService.exe 1292 AdvancedSystemCareService11
    ASCAvSvc.exe 1296 ASCAntivirusSrv
    svchost.exe 1388 UserManager
    svchost.exe 1440 BFE, CoreMessagingRegistrar, MpsSvc
    svchost.exe 1564 wudfsvc
    svchost.exe 1588 EventLog
    svchost.exe 1640 nsi
    WUDFHost.exe 1660 N/A
    svchost.exe 1692 Dhcp
    svchost.exe 1792 NlaSvc
    svchost.exe 1864 netprofm
    svchost.exe 1964 Dnscache
    svchost.exe 2020 lmhosts
    svchost.exe 2084 WinHttpAutoProxySvc
    svchost.exe 2316 Winmgmt
    svchost.exe 2360 wscsvc
    NVDisplay.Container.exe 2428 NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem
    svchost.exe 2464 EventSystem
    svchost.exe 2516 Themes
    svchost.exe 2524 SENS
    NVDisplay.Container.exe 2576 N/A
    svchost.exe 2612 AudioEndpointBuilder
    svchost.exe 2620 FontCache
    svchost.exe 2800 Audiosrv
    svchost.exe 2956 Wcmsvc
    svchost.exe 2964 DusmSvc
    svchost.exe 2992 StateRepository
    svchost.exe 3048 ShellHWDetection
    spoolsv.exe 3100 Spooler
    svchost.exe 3168 LanmanWorkstation
    svchost.exe 3444 DiagTrack
    svchost.exe 3456 iphlpsvc
    svchost.exe 3464 CryptSvc
    svchost.exe 3472 IKEEXT
    svchost.exe 3480 DPS
    svchost.exe 3488 PcaSvc
    escsvc64.exe 3496 EpsonScanSvc
    svchost.exe 3512 WpnService
    PnkBstrB.exe 3520 PnkBstrB
    PnkBstrA.exe 3528 PnkBstrA
    NvTelemetryContainer.exe 3536 NvTelemetryContainer
    svchost.exe 3548 stisvc
    nvcontainer.exe 3560 NvContainerLocalSystem
    GameScannerService.exe 3576 Razer Game Scanner Service
    EPCP.exe 3584 EpsonCustomerResearchParticipation
    SecurityHealthService.exe 3608 SecurityHealthService
    svchost.exe 3644 TermService
    RzSDKService.exe 3696 Razer Chroma SDK Service
    RzSDKServer.exe 3708 Razer Chroma SDK Server
    svchost.exe 3924 LanmanServer
    svchost.exe 3940 WdiServiceHost
    svchost.exe 4288 DeviceAssociationService
    svchost.exe 4908 tiledatamodelsvc
    svchost.exe 5036 NgcSvc
    svchost.exe 5112 NgcCtnrSvc
    svchost.exe 5504 CDPSvc
    svchost.exe 1872 SSDPSRV
    svchost.exe 5992 SysMain
    Memory Compression 6080 N/A
    svchost.exe 3808 lfsvc
    svchost.exe 5020 StorSvc
    svchost.exe 1684 DsSvc
    nvcontainer.exe 5924 N/A
    nvcontainer.exe 4164 N/A
    sihost.exe 5092 N/A
    svchost.exe 5000 CDPUserSvc_7814da
    svchost.exe 2120 WpnUserService_7814da
    Monitor.exe 6000 N/A
    taskhostw.exe 2740 N/A
    svchost.exe 1200 TokenBroker
    explorer.exe 3568 N/A
    ShellExperienceHost.exe 5784 N/A
    SearchUI.exe 712 N/A
    RuntimeBroker.exe 3668 N/A
    svchost.exe 3228 wlidsvc
    NVIDIA Web Helper.exe 6476 N/A
    conhost.exe 6504 N/A
    PubMonitor.exe 6692 N/A
    nvsphelper64.exe 2840 N/A
    NVIDIA Share.exe 900 N/A
    NVIDIA Share.exe 7732 N/A
    svchost.exe 8188 LicenseManager
    svchost.exe 8016 OneSyncSvc_7814da,
    PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_7814da,
    UnistoreSvc_7814da, UserDataSvc_7814da
    ASCTray.exe 10092 N/A
    KrakenHelper.exe 10260 N/A
    EEventManager.exe 10384 N/A
    svchost.exe 11900 Appinfo
    SettingSyncHost.exe 11332 N/A
    ApplicationFrameHost.exe 3804 N/A
    audiodg.exe 3884 N/A
    dasHost.exe 4584 N/A
    Microsoft.Photos.exe 9384 N/A
    wgc.exe 7244 N/A
    wgc_watchdog.exe 8780 N/A
    svchost.exe 12032 wuauserv
    SystemSettingsBroker.exe 1580 N/A
    wgc_renderer.exe 1572 N/A
    InstallAgent.exe 8524 N/A
    InstallAgentUserBroker.ex 5408 N/A
    svchost.exe 11700 DoSvc
    svchost.exe 4560 XblAuthManager
    svchost.exe 1728 BITS
    dllhost.exe 11312 N/A
    SearchIndexer.exe 9496 WSearch
    dllhost.exe 5300 N/A
    Steam.exe 10612 N/A
    steamwebhelper.exe 9084 N/A
    steamwebhelper.exe 4840 N/A
    SteamService.exe 10896 Steam Client Service
    steamwebhelper.exe 7248 N/A
    steamwebhelper.exe 4284 N/A
    firefox.exe 11292 N/A
    firefox.exe 2952 N/A
    firefox.exe 6516 N/A
    firefox.exe 9372 N/A
    firefox.exe 4600 N/A
    smartscreen.exe 3376 N/A
    mmc.exe 4816 N/A
    svchost.exe 432 gpsvc
    WmiPrvSE.exe 10988 N/A
    cmd.exe 4308 N/A
    conhost.exe 5708 N/A
    tasklist.exe 2420 N/A

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Hang" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-20T04:04:44.893343000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>52934</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOPLevelOneALPHASeven</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>Launcher64.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>e20</Data>
    <Data>01d391a3b0bf3468</Data>
    <Data>4294967295</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe</Data>
    <Data>6295fad5-5e64-456b-99f0-909e9600a6a9</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    <Binary>54006F00700020006C006500760065006C002000 77 0069006E0064006F0077002000690073002000690064006C00 650000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Sorry to hear your having problems BSSBOXER... Could you please post your system specs also. Thanks
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123