Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz -Screenshot thread - Post your pics here :)

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Re: IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz -Screenshot thread - Post your pics here :)

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY69 View Post
    NICE! Well done Vamp!
    Thank you Larry I really appreciate that.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

2. Likes LARRY69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Re: IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz -Screenshot thread - Post your pics here :)

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Here is one for you farley. Hope you like it.

'Wimpey' on Dispersal

Wow, that looks like a scene from a Micheal Powell and Emeric Pressburger film!

4. Likes ATAG_Vampire, DUI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Thanks Sconsey, glad you like it.

The films by Powell and Pressburger are some of my favourite films funnily enough.

The screenshot is from the mission I built in the FMB. I mentioned it to you when we were on the ATAG server yesterday. This is one of the dispersals. It is a WIP.

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

6. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Thanks Sconsey, glad you like it.

The films by Powell and Pressburger are some of my favourite films funnily enough.

The screenshot is from the mission I built in the FMB. I mentioned it to you when we were on the ATAG server yesterday. This is one of the dispersals. It is a WIP.

Have always loved The Archers since seeing their films as a child.

Hope you continue with the mission building; what you're doing with it is great.

8. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Scones View Post
    Have always loved The Archers since seeing their films as a child.

Hope you continue with the mission building; what you're doing with it is great.

I to remember watching the The Archers (Powell and Pressburger) films as a boy. The films they made were somehow different, like 'One of Our Aircraft is Missing', 'The Canterbury Tales' and 'The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp'.

One of my favorites is 'A Matter of Life and Death' which I only discovered in later life.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding the mission building. I hope to post more screenshots as I go along.

10. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

I to remember watching the The Archers (Powell and Pressburger) films as a boy. The films they made were somehow different, like 'One of Our Aircraft is Missing', 'The Canterbury Tales' and 'The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp'.

One of my favorites is 'A Matter of Life and Death' which I only discovered in later life.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding the mission building. I hope to post more screenshots as I go along.

Yes, 'A Matter of Life and Death', watched in my youth and 'A Canterbury Tale', my favourite - pure magic!

Looking forward to seeing the screenshots from your future mission building.

12. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Another screenshot of one of my favourite aeroplanes.

'Beaufighter Dawn'

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Must not forget the Luftwaffe.

Bf109E3-B 'Vorbereitung'

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Another screenshot of one of my favourite aeroplanes.

'Beaufighter Dawn'

Ah, the beautiful Beaufighter! Lovely shot, Vamps. I like the size of the screenshots. How did you do that? Was it through Imgur?

16. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Sconsey I use tinypic.com which is something to do with photobucket but unlike photobucket it is free.

I have an Asus 34" widescreen monitor with 3440x1440 resolution. I use Nvidea 'Shadowplay' to take the screenshot and upload to tinypic to get the URL.

Sometimes I crop the screenshot, sometimes not depending on what I want.

18. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

I've heard of Photobucket but did not know of tinypic.com. Thanks for the info, Vamps.

20. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I prefer imgur.com for hosting images online, not the most fantastic compression but it gets the job done really easily and quickly.

22. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Love me some Hurricane!

S!Blade<><

24. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Scones, bf109 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

A trio of Hurricanes from No 85 squadron ( P/O J.A.Hemmingway, F/L R.H.A.Lee, P/O J.E.Marshall) take off from the RAF Debden airfield. the letter "T" on P3966 is fictitious.

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/larry691/GZ-H%201_zpsdphexiii.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Another beautiful shot from the 'Master'.

Thanks for posting Larry.

27. Likes LARRY69, ATAG_Scones, danperin liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.33 GB

Great screenshot!

29. Likes LARRY69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Sconsey I use tinypic.com which is something to do with photobucket but unlike photobucket it is free.

I have an Asus 34" widescreen monitor with 3440x1440 resolution. I use Nvidea 'Shadowplay' to take the screenshot and upload to tinypic to get the URL.

Sometimes I crop the screenshot, sometimes not depending on what I want.

Some tips that could be of help for you and ATAG_Scones:

1- Stay away from Photobucket. It was a good application in the past but now is become total rubbish! ( Slow uploads and very often not working for a lot of hours without any news or update by the Dev Team )

2- Tinypic is good but it's quite slower when you have to upload the image\s. In addition once posted the quality of the images is average...My suggestion is to try Google Photo ( Fully free )...A lot more faster in uploading images and once you post them the quality is far superior in respect to Tinypic! Last but not least is more intuitive and it has a lot more of image filters and image settings available.

3- The use here is super easy. Upload your image to Google Photo. Once done, if wanting, modify it following your preferences. When your image is ready simply open it, right click on it and copy the address of the image. Once done, here select the image tool and select upload from URL. Copy and paste your image address in the checkbox of the image tool and uncheck the " Retrieve remote file and reference locally " checkbox. Click OK and that's it! You will notice a decise difference from Tinypic both in quality of the image and in time spent to complete the whole process.

Samples

Tinypic ( Original image was 3840x2160 pixels. Then, once submitted here, the image is scaled to 3072x1728 pixels by Tinypic )

Google Photo ( Original image was 3840x2160 pixels. Then, once submitted here, the image is scaled to 3365x1893 pixels by Google Photo, so better image quality\resolution in respect to above )

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Apr-21-2019 at 04:38.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

31. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Recent adventures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SKG 210_Mölders View Post
    Some tips that could be of help for you and ATAG_Scones:

1- Stay away from Photobucket. It was a good application in the past but now is become total rubbish! ( Slow uploads and very often not working for a lot of hours without any news or update by the Dev Team )

2- Tinypic is good but it's quite slower when you have to upload the image\s. In addition once posted the quality of the images is average...My suggestion is to try Google Photo ( Fully free )...A lot more faster in uploading images and once you post them the quality is far superior in respect to Tinypic! Last but not least is more intuitive and it has a lot more of image filters and image settings available.

3- The use here is super easy. Upload your image to Google Photo. Once done, if wanting, modify it following your preferences. When your image is ready simply open it, right click on it and copy the address of the image. Once done, here select the image tool and select upload from URL. Copy and paste your image address in the checkbox of the image tool and uncheck the " Retrieve remote file and reference locally " checkbox. Click OK and that's it! You will notice a decise difference from Tinypic both in quality of the image and in time spent to complete the whole process.

Samples

Tinypic ( Original image was 3840x2160 pixels. Then, once submitted here, the image is scaled to 3072x1728 pixels by Tinypic )

Google Photo ( Original image was 3840x2160 pixels. Then, once submitted here, the image is scaled to 3365x1893 pixels by Google Photo, so better image quality\resolution in respect to above )

The difference in detail is indeed noticeable in the hangars of these comparison screenshots.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, SKG 210_Mölders.

34. Likes danperin, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Avro Anson

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Short Sunderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Gloster Gladiator no 87 Sqn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Beautiful shots as always Larry.

All three screenshots are great but the three Gladiators flying over what can only be the Royal Air Force College Cranwell is awesome.

How did you do that?

You certainly inspire me to have a go at more screenshots.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Yes exactly, these two pictures inspired me to make this screenshot.

I wondered if anyone would recognize it. Of course, the architecture of the buildings isn't quite right, but that's how I wanted to do it. I wanted to revive the spirit of the old military school in the thirties. Nice that you recognized it Vamp!

cheers

Larry

40. Likes farley, ATAG_Knight, Gingerbread, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Fantastic shots, Larry! That could be my Dad sitting in the back of the 'Annie' Anson, doing his nav' training. And I was up at Cranwell just last month...a beautiful building in the classic sense! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; May-05-2019 at 06:33.

42. Likes LARRY69, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY69 View Post
    Yes exactly, these two pictures inspired me to make this screenshot.

I wondered if anyone would recognize it. Of course, the architecture of the buildings isn't quite right, but that's how I wanted to do it. I wanted to revive the spirit of the old military school in the thirties. Nice that you recognized it Vamp!

cheers

Larry
    As an RAF veteran I have had quite a bit of contact with RAFC Cranwell during my service. The college building is, architecturally, a nice place to look at.

I recognised the homage to the college in your screenshot straight away and appreciate it.

It has of course changed quite a bit over the years. The circular drive and college frontage is still the same but entrance via the front gates only occurs for special occasions.

Marlow mentioning his Dads Nav Training in an Anson nudged my memory. I was lucky enough to get a flight in an Anson in the early 1960s when a member of the Air Training Corps. The flight was from RAF Topcliffe to Edinburgh and back. It was quite an adventure for a 13 year old boy. I still have a record of the flight in my ATC logbook.

The Sunderland 'struck a cord' to. My Father was in Coastal Command in WW2 and worked on Sunderlands amongst others. He always had a 'soft spot' the Sunderland.

Thanks again for the great screenshots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

....a flight in an 'Annie?' Fantastic, Vamps! You're own little bit of history .... and it wouldn't have been just a half hour jolly' either. That would have been a proper journey. I hope you got to land at Edinburgh (for one of Hilda's doughnuts?) before returning. Salute!

45. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Stunning screenshots Larry , absolutely beautiful .

Also a nice nostalgic trip down memory lane for some of the forums more senior members . Wonderful stuff indeed.

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

47. Likes ATAG_Vampire, LARRY69, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

As an RAF veteran I have had quite a bit of contact with RAFC Cranwell during my service. The college building is, architecturally, a nice place to look at.

I recognised the homage to the college in your screenshot straight away and appreciate it.

It has of course changed quite a bit over the years. The circular drive and college frontage is still the same but entrance via the front gates only occurs for special occasions.

Marlow mentioning his Dads Nav Training in an Anson nudged my memory. I was lucky enough to get a flight in an Anson in the early 1960s when a member of the Air Training Corps. The flight was from RAF Topcliffe to Edinburgh and back. It was quite an adventure for a 13 year old boy. I still have a record of the flight in my ATC logbook.

The Sunderland 'struck a cord' to. My Father was in Coastal Command in WW2 and worked on Sunderlands amongst others. He always had a 'soft spot' the Sunderland.

Thanks again for the great screenshots.

Just want to say how much I enjoy little bits of personal and family history (and history of the period in general) that you Vampire, Marlow, Buzzsaw, and many others have added to this site over time. All of the stories help to bring the planes, the BoB, the people, places and events to life, and truly add to the value and enjoyment of this site. So thanks for that!

Last edited by farley; May-05-2019 at 08:59.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knight View Post
    Also a nice nostalgic trip down memory lane for some of the forums more senior members . Wonderful stuff indeed.
    "Always pass on what you have learned young Padawan"

Trip down memory..... Senior members!

Knighty you be careful Marlow might get upset.

50. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast