Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joystick not working on Blitz - FIXED

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

Re: Joystick not working on Blitz - FIXED

Well, well,well!!!!! Finally I managed to get my Saitek X52 Pro working in CloD Blitz!!! All USB devices away (except mouse), offline connection, then first HOTAS connected, then rudder pedals, then keyboard and the game recognized all axis and button controls!!

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

I still cant get my hotas...TM16000 joystick and TM16000 throttle to work..have followed all advice here as posted..nothings working, I never thought they joystick would be such an issue, it never was with CLoD in any of its previous versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by priller26 View Post
    I still cant get my hotas...TM16000 joystick and TM16000 throttle to work..have followed all advice here as posted..nothings working, I never thought they joystick would be such an issue, it never was with CLoD in any of its previous versions.
    What order are you plugging your joystick and throttle into the game?

The Joystick should be first... it must be the primary controller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I have the same issue and nothing seems to fix it. Original CLOD worked, but Blitz does not.

As one can see, the Joystick is ID 1. It will pick up any input, even from the MFDs and the other controllers but no axis or buttons from the stick. Steam controller is off.

Any ideas on this one? No issues in any other games....Windows 10

Capture.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I have the same issue and nothing seems to fix it. Original CLOD worked, but Blitz does not.

As one can see, the Joystick is ID 1. It will pick up any input, even from the MFDs and the other controllers but no axis or buttons from the stick. Steam controller is off.

Any ideas on this one? No issues in any other games....Windows 10

Capture.JPG
    The image you are showing is not a Microsoft program.

You are using a 3rd party program to swap your controllers.

The question is also whether or not this program is 32 bit... if it is, then it will not work with CoD... which is 64 bit only.

If it is 32 bit, then see if there is a 64 bit version available. Otherwise you will need to disable it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    The image you are showing is not a Microsoft program.

You are using a 3rd party program to swap your controllers.

The question is also whether or not this program is 32 bit... if it is, then it will not work with CoD... which is 64 bit only.

If it is 32 bit, then see if there is a 64 bit version available. Otherwise you will need to disable it.
    I'm not using it to swap any IDs, I'm using it just to display the information on what ID the controllers are using as I'm not sure there is an easy way with powershell

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I'm not using it to swap any IDs, I'm using it just to display the information on what ID the controllers are using as I'm not sure there is an easy way with powershell
    I'd recommend you try running the game and programming your joystick with the program shut down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

That program, JoyID, is from very much older, WindowsXP, times, when games used windows32 api for game controllers.

Modern Games, using DirectInput, ignore those IDs completely, but sort by VendorID and ProductID burned in the USB controller chip in the respective devices ...

I see 8 devices in your list. How many USB Devices do you have when you open the "Usb Game Controllers" in Windows?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'd recommend you try running the game and programming your joystick with the program shut down.
    I'm not running it when I'm trying to configure the controls, Just posted it because I see all kinds of information saying to make sure your stick is the first ID and just wanted to display what I have on my system.

For Artist,

I have 8 devices under USB Game Controllers with the Warthog Joystick as the preferred device. I have unplugged all of my usb devices including keyboard/mouse/trackir/etc them and plugged them back in starting with the Joystick with no change in behavior.

Doesn't look like the piping this output through Get-PnpDeviceProperty reveals clearly what device is tied to the InstanceId so I didn't include it, but can if anyone wants it.

Code:
    Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName 'HID-compliant game controller'

Status     Class           FriendlyName                                                                     InstanceId
    ------     -----           ------------                                                                     ----------
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\VID_1E7D...
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\VID_044F...
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\3DXKMJ_H...
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\VID_044F...
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\HIDCLASS...
    It picks up button presses on the MFDs, axis entries from the throttle, pedals...but no axis or buttons from the stick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I'm not running it when I'm trying to configure the controls, Just posted it because I see all kinds of information saying to make sure your stick is the first ID and just wanted to display what I have on my system.

For Artist,

I have 8 devices under USB Game Controllers with the Warthog Joystick as the preferred device. I have unplugged all of my usb devices including keyboard/mouse/trackir/etc them and plugged them back in starting with the Joystick with no change in behavior.

Doesn't look like the piping this output through Get-PnpDeviceProperty reveals clearly what device is tied to the InstanceId so I didn't include it, but can if anyone wants it.

Code:
    Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName 'HID-compliant game controller'

Status     Class           FriendlyName                                                                     InstanceId
    ------     -----           ------------                                                                     ----------
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\VID_1E7D...
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\3DXKMJ_H...
    OK         HIDClass        HID-compliant game controller                                                    HID\HIDCLASS...

It picks up button presses on the MFDs, axis entries from the throttle, pedals...but no axis or buttons from the stick.
    That tells me your computer is probably recognizing the throttle and pedals as the preferred controllers somehow.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

Re: Joystick not working on Blitz

Hi all,

I use a laptop (ASUS ROG G752VY} and a T-16000M joystick for CLOD Blitz. Sometimes I have to disconnect the joystick but after reconnecting, all my joystick settings are gone and I have to remap again. Can this problem be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barraclough View Post
    Hi all,

I use a laptop (ASUS ROG G752VY} and a T-16000M joystick for CLOD Blitz. Sometimes I have to disconnect the joystick but after reconnecting, all my joystick settings are gone and I have to remap again. Can this problem be solved?

Thanks in advance.
    Did you download newest drivers? It should recognize the stick once you’ve created a profile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

When the stick is disconnected I've found that CloD Blitz will create a new UID code for it when it's plugged back in again which means that the 'T-16000M-F3A529' that the controls were bound to is now 'T-16000M-A284B5' and it doesn't recognise it as the right stick. About the only way of preventing this that I've found is to not unplug the stick at all, or to do it when the computer is off.

This guide is for transferring the controls from 4.3 to 4.5 Blitz, but can be adapted for rebinding conf.ini files that are already used for 4.5 by just replacing the unique codes. Might just be quicker to rebind them ingame depending on the number of controllers you have https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27296

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barraclough View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
    Your joystick is probably not being recognized because the power to it has been turned off by windows... again requires you to go in and prevent W10 from turning off power to USB devices.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

Your joystick is probably not being recognized because the power to it has been turned off by windows... again requires you to go in and prevent W10 from turning off power to USB devices.

Thanks for your kind answer and help RAF74_Buzzsaw, and you too ATAG_kiwiflieger and DRock

I opened the control panel, choose device-management expanded the Universal Serial Bus controllersbranch, then double-clicked the USB Root Hub, choose Power, unchecking the box, then clicked the OK button.
    I think this is what you wanted me to do RAF74_Buzzsaw for the problem is solved: Now I can remove my T.Flight Stick X from my laptop and reconnect it without problems.

I unplug the stick when the computer is off.

I have now the newest drivers on my joystick.

Salut
    Barraclough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Sometimes when Windows 10 turns off the power to a USB device, the USB connection for that device will be completely disabled and disappear from the list of USB's... even if you had previously unchecked the box which allows Windows10 to turn off power.

When you open the list of USB connections, the one which was shut down is missing... This particularly happens with USB 3.0 connections.

The solution to this is to unplug the joystick from the connection... restart your computer... (restart, not just shut down) check to see if the USB connection is relisted... make sure the box to power down is unchecked... then plug in your joystick/device.

It should then function and work.

Another of W10's 'Helpful' systems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I solved this problem by never shutting off power to the computer power supply. It's constantly energized by an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) so the BIOS never goes totally unpowered. Reliable AC wall power should be just as effective, but a UPS provides protection from "Mini" outages.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Quote Originally Posted by oakwell View Post
    Google is my friend ha. Turning off "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" in Controller settings solved the issue for me.
    tried to find it, only for an older version of the game?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by jackd View Post
    tried to find it, only for an older version of the game?
    It is a Steam setting not this game. in Steam, go to settings, then Controller, click the button 'General Controller Settings'; a new screen opens, look for the line 'Generic GamePad Configuration Support' and remove the tick... click 'back' to close the screen and click ok to close the settings...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    Hello everyone,

.... again a problem that is plagueing a friend of mine: After every restart the joystick settings (buttons and axes) do not work anymore and have to be set up again ....

Regards DUI
    Still having troubles with setting up a Warthog ...... on the ATAG forum i read somewhere that one should disable write protection (in windows on the files, folders, of your 1c game folder in 'my documents' especially for the conf.ini for Cliffs), as otherwise the settings you made wont save and sets to default on next time you start the game. Maybe this is the same for the Great Battles series in the game location it uses .. ? J

------------------------------------------------ ADDED Info:

With Cliffs i have to save a made and applied profile, so that it works, in the my documents folder, and reload that confUser.ini each time after starting Cliffs.
    However with the hotas controls set correctly there, they sometimes don't work. Especially some essential keymappings are either gone totally or do not work.
    IMO Definitely a fault in the software.

What i miss in cliffs is some on screen popup short confirmation, that an addressed function is activated or not like in Battle of Stalingrad etc. Some times it takes a while before i find out some basic function is NOT working once again. F.i. yesterday with chocks and flaps with a Hurricane 100 oct.
    Last edited by jackd; Sep-04-2019 at 03:26. Reason: added info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12