Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joystick not working on Blitz - FIXED

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    235.23 MB

Joystick not working on Blitz - FIXED

Hi all, Cannot get my joystick to pickup at all. Sidewinder Precision 2 and when I goto setup on the game I select Aircraft then axis and open the hotkeys option up but nothing...same for xbox controller. Joystick works on FSX and shows in the big picture on steam. Hope someone can help. I can change the keys no problem just don't seem to like the joystick.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    235.23 MB

Re: Joystick not working on Blitz

Google is my friend ha. Turning off "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" in Controller settings solved the issue for me.

3. Likes Kling, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Septic, XE9O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Joystick not working on Blitz - FIXED

Thread copied over to Technical Forum and stickied.

Thanks to the OP for this followup. Hopefully this will help others with the same dilemma.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes oakwell, ATAG_Septic, XE9O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by oakwell View Post
    Google is my friend ha. Turning off "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" in Controller settings solved the issue for me.
    Hy. I also have a problem with my Hotas. Buttons are working fine but the throttle and the stick are not operative. Difficult to fly without ailerons,
    rudder and gas! My hotas is a SAITEK X 52 Pro. Thanks in advance.
    48 hours later: now the throttle works with German planes. But still no effect on British planes. As I wrote a couple of days ago, apparently it is working (looking at the window regarding engine(low,left on the screen), but no real effect on the RPM. Aniy advice, please?
    Last edited by ilario38; Dec-17-2017 at 13:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Lucky you. With me it did not work(Saitek X 52 Pro). All buttons and switches (except those "retired for age") are working. Not so far the Stick: out of the three axes I can use only one. Or the elevators, or the rudder or the ailerons. Troubles also with the throttle with british planes. Apparently working on the instrument window(low, left on the screen), but n effect on the engine . Also the RPM gauge does not move.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    176.23 MB

Hi.
    I also am not getting my Hotas Thrustmaster to be recognised by Blitz.
    To ensure it was not a Steam problem started Cliffs of Dover...went to options...controller...aircraft...and the axes showed the correct inputs...
    So not steam Issue.
    And controller being recognised.
    Then relaunched Blitz. And on the controller page...inputs of axes not being defected.

Lost as to what to do next...please advise!

And thankyou!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Since Blitz, my MFF does not work at all. Not even as a controller. It was fine with Cliffs of Dover. It works no problem with il2 1946.

I'm wondering if this is because of how old the MFF is? Perhaps I should move on to something more recent?

As an aside, I bought Blitz as my Steam account wouldn't let me log in and I had to create another account.

From what I've seen so far, Blitz has taken CoD to another level. Well done to all involved!

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
    Since Blitz, my MFF does not work at all. Not even as a controller. It was fine with Cliffs of Dover. It works no problem with il2 1946.

I'm wondering if this is because of how old the MFF is? Perhaps I should move on to something more recent?

As an aside, I bought Blitz as my Steam account wouldn't let me log in and I had to create another account.

From what I've seen so far, Blitz has taken CoD to another level. Well done to all involved!

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro
    Which version of the MFF are you using? The old one with the gameport or the newer one with the USB connection?

I have the 2nd generation with the USB connect and it is working fine for me.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Which version of the MFF are you using? The old one with the gameport or the newer one with the USB connection?

I have the 2nd generation with the USB connect and it is working fine for me.
    All working fine now. I'd missed a trick

I have the immortal 2nd generation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ilario38 View Post
    Hy. I also have a problem with my Hotas. Buttons are working fine but the throttle and the stick are not operative. Difficult to fly without ailerons,
    48 hours later: now the throttle works with German planes. But still no effect on British planes. As I wrote a couple of days ago, apparently it is working (looking at the window regarding engine(low,left on the screen), but no real effect on the RPM. Aniy advice, please?
    10 days latercontinuation!!!). Miracles do happen, now and then. I kept insisting in programming and reprogramming (through "options" in game) my bloody Hotas, just to waste some time, and and one day , as in the children stories, the stick and the throttle WORKED!!!
    Happy New Year!

13. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

Axis of my Saitek X52 pro are working fine, but the buttons, hats, slider etc. do not work at all!! Any solutions for this problem?? And gentlemen, please!! If you solve a problem tell us how you did it. Do not only yell that it works now!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Manoxerox View Post
    Axis of my Saitek X52 pro are working fine, but the buttons, hats, slider etc. do not work at all!! Any solutions for this problem?? And gentlemen, please!! If you solve a problem tell us how you did it. Do not only yell that it works now!!
    Logitech owns Saitek now. Try this link:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/pr...ller/downloads

Go to the middle of the page for the new, Logitech drivers. This corrected errors on my X-52 and claims that it works for the X-52 PRO as well.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

16. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Are you already using the newest logitech software/drivers for your stick?
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Are you already using the newest logitech software/drivers for your stick?
    I updated the drivers and now even the axis don't work anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ilario38 View Post
    All problems solved. Just insisting, insisting and insisting in programming through "options". Do not ask me how.

20. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

I updated the drivers and now even the axis don't work anymore
    Have you tried it also in a n other usb-port?
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Have you tried it also in a n other usb-port?
    Yes, I have tried it, but no effect.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.37 MB

Where exactly is this setting? In CLOD, in Windows? A few more details would be helpful.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by nwr1cxo View Post
    Where exactly is this setting? In CLOD, in Windows? A few more details would be helpful.
    Its a STEAM setting
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Where exactly is this setting?

Dolt. I just read the other posts. Ignore this
    Last edited by \Hawk/; Feb-03-2018 at 10:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    297.04 MB

Hi all,

Great times in Cliffs of Dover, same everything in Blitz and joystick would freeze the program. Blitz upgrade, keeps bombing out and can't even get into the software. Followed direction, unchecked everything listed, erased suggested files, uninstalled, reinstalled....no joy.

Kapitulieren- Nein!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Hening View Post
    Hi all,

Great times in Cliffs of Dover, same everything in Blitz and joystick would freeze the program. Blitz upgrade, keeps bombing out and can't even get into the software. Followed direction, unchecked everything listed, erased suggested files, uninstalled, reinstalled....no joy.
    Can you post your system specs?

Also, if you can go to the following thread and post the results here along with your specs:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27253

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    297.04 MB

Also, if you can go to the following thread and post the results here along with your specs:

Kapitulieren- Nein!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    297.04 MB

If I enter the game with the icon and not through Steam, I can at least start, but then it crashes out. Also, joystick use crashes out.

Seitek Cyborg Evo Force
    Intel I7-5820 3.3 GHZ 15M
    1TB HDD 3.5 SATAIII
    GSKILL 8GB DDR4-2400 RIP Jaws V x2
    MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition Crossfirex/SLI USB 3.0 LGA
    NVIDIA Geoforce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 PCIE 3.0 x16
    Windows 10 Pro, V. 1709, OS Build 16299.192
    ASUS VS247H-P 24" LED LCD
    (This all works fine with CLOD & IL21946)

Kapitulieren- Nein!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

CloD still doesn't recognize my Saitek 52 Pro hotas. I have tried every trick in the book but no joy!! So I guess after seven years I have to say goodbye to Cliffs of Dover and TFS has to say goodbye to my money in the future. All the best, lads!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

CloD still doesn't recognize my Saitek 52 Pro hotas. I have tried every trick in the book but no joy!! So I guess after seven years I have to say goodbye to Cliffs of Dover and TFS has to say goodbye to my money in the future. All the best, lads!!

Gotta be either your stick or your pc... Or your game installation. Lots of 52's out there without issues.

If its just in cliffs perhaps a new install ? And make sure that anthropromorphic controls is off!

Anyhoo.... If you go off to other things enjoy.... Cos enjoy is the only important part.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Gotta be either your stick or your pc... Or your game installation. Lots of 52's out there without issues.

If its just in cliffs perhaps a new install ? And make sure that anthropromorphic controls is off!

Anyhoo.... If you go off to other things enjoy.... Cos enjoy is the only important part.

Thanks, Highseas! I have enjoyed wwii flightsims (or actually games, DCS being the only sim) since 1991 so I am sure that I keep enjoying many games, because all other games recognize my hotas. But I would like to play CloD because of the great graphics. I guess one can't get everything one wants!! Cheers!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello everyone,

again a problem that is plagueing a friend of mine: After every restart the joystick settings (buttons and axes) do not work anymore and have to be set up again.

I would imagine that it has to do with a changing joystick-id that cliffs is not happy with. But I would not know why this should happen - his Saitek X52 is directly connected to a USB-port (no hub), he has the problem on Windows 7 and 10 64bit.

Regards
    DUI
    Last edited by DUI; May-20-2018 at 14:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    Hello everyone,

again a problem that is plagueing a friend of mine: After every restart the joystick settings (buttons and axes) do not work anymore and have to be set up again.

I would imagine that it has to do with a changing joystick-id that cliffs is not happy with. But I would not know why this should happen - his Saitek X52 is directly connected to a USB-port (no hub), he has the problem on Windows 7 and 10 64bit.

Regards
    DUI
    I fixed this by never unpowering my PC. It is always plugged in and now the USB assignments do not change like they occasionally used to. I use an uninterruptible power supply to prevent problems when the municipal power fails.
    Last edited by Baffin; May-20-2018 at 19:49.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

35. Likes DUI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Baffin! I still keep my hopes up that there is a less "extreme", more eco-friendly solution though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast