Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Eye candy poll

Another poll

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Eye candy poll

I voted worse, because hate this "Lean towards War Thunder" new fire and smoke effects (including fuel truck explosion), for me are much better the originals.

But scenery is much better.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-15-2017 at 10:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    376.42 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    I voted worse, because hate this "Lean towards War Thunder" new fire and smoke effects (including fuel truck explosion), for me are much better the originals.

But scenery is much better.
    I concur with that, I like the fact that the fire is brighter but it looks more "fake" then before for my taste. However the overall effects are improved.
    It takes an airplane to bring out the worst in a pilot.
    ((dB)) youTube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

I really like being able to locate the origin of Bofors fire. Finally I can get my revenge.

Also hoping I'll be able to hear flak impacting my aircraft in multiplayer.

5. Likes farley, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Voted "the same" because the textures are nicer but the new fire effect is quite bad, too large in my opinion. Also the radiator leaks seem to "puffy". I think BoS has great effects for fire and leaks, perhaps those can be used as inspiration.

Also, can we get a sounds poll as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

I'm seeing smoke as flat square images up close. They look fine at a distance but up close are just horrible. Also, I'm not a fan of the new flak graphics at a far. They seem to look like round cotton balls, all uniformed with each other. Up close they are great but at a distance not my thing. Everything else I've seen thus far in my opinion ROCK!!

running Nvidia drivers 388.59
    on an MSI SeaHawk GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Nicer for me but the fire and 2D sprites for the contrails and oil leaks are not good.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Im having some problems with the textures, trees, if you look closely to the trees you can see some vibrations? also the ground textures, this only happens if you are taking off, landing or close to the ground, when climbing high it stops, the colours vibrate like if it was an earthquake, not that exagerated of course but yeah, turning land shading to medium or low will fix this issue, this didnt happen in the old clodo though.

The beaughfighter also has no illumination when I toggle primary and secondary illumination on, is this a bug?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

opinions
    flak burst puff balls not an improvement
    I liked the 4.3 cloud shadows better or maybe something between 4.3 and now.
    not going to mention the mg17 gun sounds, baseball cards in spokes?
    I have only had a limited time to try it but ground scenery is very nice
    I have about a 20 fps drop over cities but it doesn't seem like it, still smooth
    textures and shading are very nice
    I think the fire and smoke plumes when A/C hit the ground is very realistic if you've ever watched those unfortunate airshow vids

Overall-much nicer

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Im having some problems with the textures, trees, if you look closely to the trees you can see some vibrations? also the ground textures, this only happens if you are taking off, landing or close to the ground, when climbing high it stops, the colours vibrate like if it was an earthquake, not that exagerated of course but yeah, turning land shading to medium or low will fix this issue, this didnt happen in the old clodo though.

The beaughfighter also has no illumination when I toggle primary and secondary illumination on, is this a bug?
    Hello Maru - the trees - It did do it in 4.312 - you just didn't notice as much cos there were fewer offending trees.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

12. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Ah yeah about the trees I dont know since I had them off lol, but did you also check the ground texture? Maybe I should make a video..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I hadn't noticed the ground texture myself - if you do please put it in the bugtracker - its the best way of bringing stuff to the attention of TFS at this point and for them to manage it.

(and Artist will get you if you don't )

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.92 MB

I like the new landscapes very much, but the "8-bit" fire explosions are a step back....
    Finally the rivers are correct in this game when you go higher...thanx to the team for the effort...
    "it's life Jim, but not as we know it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

The fixing of the wide flood planes is great. Flying on deck the trees look much better (and more dangerous).
    Can't say anything about fire and explosions, since I can't get near any bomber without being ripped to pieces on long distance ...

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Overall, textures are vastly improved. Fire/smoke effects, not so much. I'll take it, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I think the new map is stunning.

not only pretty but it actually looks like the south downs now.

Nice !

probably ought to do some low level work over France and check that out... but the flak... is NOT on the side of the casual tourist !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    85.88 MB

Glad I still have the previous version

v4.312.jpg

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.82 MB

I ran FRAPS benchmark on the Landscape Flyby on both versions..and set in-game video settings to the same....prefer a more objective result.
    NB:- Only problem with the test is Blitz has extra buildings and trees that I can see.... so tad hard to truly compare.

CLOD :-
    MIN:- 92 / MAX 108/ Avg 99.12

CLOD BLITZ
    MIN:- 61 / MAX 77 / Avg 71.3

Settings
    RES 3440 x 1440, 60hz

Mostly Medium, with Building Unlimited and Land Detail HIGH, Texture Original.

Hardware :- 1080 TI with latest drivers, WIN 10 Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Yes there is 4 times as many trees roughly. If you set forest to low in game video options, you get the same amount as the highest setting in TF4.312.

22. Likes gonk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cliffs already was a beautiful game and is even more beautiful in Blitz with its great landscape and enhanced cockpits.

For me, the main graphical step backwards is the bomb explosions. The flash and shock wave are nice but I preferred the old smoke/dust effect (see most current screenshot on the TFS Facebook page) much over the new one.
    Last edited by DUI; Dec-24-2017 at 15:59.

24. Likes ATAG_Flare, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

If enough people have an issue with a certain effect we will have a look at changing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

In squadron chatter asking five people you always get three opinions on graphic and sound effects. But with the bomb explosions I have yet to find someone who would prefer the new ones over the old ones. The old smoke/dust effect in combination with the new flash and shock wave would be great.

[Edit: At first, I expressed here that the mg hit effects are too faint. After doing some testing it probably is more realistic now. Still have to get used to hardly see impact effects.]
    Last edited by DUI; Dec-24-2017 at 23:50.

27. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I agree with you DUI..the 4.3 effect had allot of dirt and debris blown skyward..which is realistic. It just needed a bigger blast flash and councusion ring. The mg hits are hard to see for sure but that might be realistic. Maybe the" dust" effect just needs to be lightened up a little to see it a bit easier. Not as much as 4.3 somewhere in between, and more sparse.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    For me, the main graphical step backwards is the bomb explosions. The flash and shock wave are nice but I preferred the old smoke/dust effect (see most current screenshot on the TFS Facebook page) much over the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    In squadron chatter asking five people you always get three opinions on graphic and sound effects. But with the bomb explosions I have yet to find someone who would prefer the new ones over the old ones. The old smoke/dust effect in combination with the new flash and shock wave would be great.

[Edit: At first, I expressed here that the mg hit effects are too faint. After doing some testing it probably is more realistic now. Still have to get used to hardly see impact effects.]
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    I agree with you DUI..the 4.3 effect had allot of dirt and debris blown skyward..which is realistic. It just needed a bigger blast flash and councusion ring. The mg hits are hard to see for sure but that might be realistic. Maybe the" dust" effect just needs to be lightened up a little to see it a bit easier. Not as much as 4.3 somewhere in between, and more sparse.
    I like new landscape, DM visualisation and more. But...
    I can not here say, what I think about bomb explosions in 4.5, because I do not want to get a ban.
    Just look youself...That is yesterdays drops at Canterbury. Do you think it can be included in the video and put on the Tube?

And that was at Wilmington in 4.312 (from 0:35)

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    If enough people have an issue with a certain effect we will have a look at changing it.
    Ok, but here is not a separate section of the visualization of bomb explosions...
    And number of all bombers pilots will never be enough in comparison with the number of fighters, part of which can generally not see these explosions.

30. Likes 1lokos, IIJG27Rich, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Last night a couple of friends and I were practicing skip-bombing ships and I noticed the difference between the old and new effects. A hit would cause an immediate fireball with the new effects. In 4.32, I always would see a big plume of seawater go up in the position of the hit, sometimes, but not always, followed by a secondary explosion, which might or might not be a fireball. The earlier version seems more realistic to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Cassius - I agree. The 4.3 explosions were much better.

Overall I think 4.5 improved all the textures and landscape effects, but most of the visual effects like venting, smoke, fire, and explosions, have gotten worse.
    Last edited by ATAG_Flare; Jan-10-2018 at 10:52. Reason: changed typo 4.5 to 4.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Cassius - I agree. The 4.5 explosions were much better.

Overall I think 4.5 improved all the textures and landscape effects, but most of the visual effects like venting, smoke, fire, and explosions, have gotten worse.
    I understood it as Cassius likes the 4.3 explosions better than the 4.5. maybe I'm the one confused. To me ,if the 4.3 explosions had a bigger blast effectand chunks of visible debris ( not Styrofoam blocks)..with the concussion rings..they would be perfect. Of course it is only my opinion.

I do feel ..aside from major bugs.. I think we need to at some point let the smaller things go and let TFS get to working on future products. I'm happy with whatever color the fire and flames end up being along with the explosions. S!
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Jan-09-2018 at 14:14.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

I understood it as Cassius likes the 4.3 explosions better than the 4.5. maybe I'm the one confused. To me ,if the 4.3 explosions had a bigger blast effectand chunks of visible debris ( not Styrofoam blocks)..with the concussion rings..they would be perfect. Of course it is only my opinion.
    Of course means 4.312 I told only the shape of the cloud of the explosion. Styrofoam blocks looks ugly.
    Anyone can find at Tube bomb explosion videos.
    Like that. Explosion 50kg aviation bomb.

If you compare with 50SC dropped from Ju88 at Wilmington in 4.312 (above) may find very similar explosions. Looks more realistic. Only the absence of a bright flash...the shape of the cloud and the settling of dust is the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There was a bug introduced in 4.5 that made bomb explosions occasionally (all the time when impacting ships) call the plane crash effect, making a big fireball rather than an explosion. This is has been fixed for the next patch.
    As for the feedback, its being noted. The effects are by no means final at this point
    "So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I do feel ..aside from major bugs.. I think we need to at some point let the smaller things go and let TFS get to working on future products. I'm happy with whatever color the fire and flames end up being along with the explosions. S!
    Wow - I am stupid. I meant to type 4.3 and I typed 4.5. I like the 4.3 explosions much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast