Thread: Remap your controls from 4.3 to 4.5 Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Remap your controls from 4.3 to 4.5 Blitz

Hi all,
    Have figured out a way of fairly painlessly remapping your controls on 4.5 Blitz Edition, instead of manually going through and rebinding everything, which can be a bit of a pain if you have many controllers. If you like what you see, read on.

You will require a text editor that is capable of finding and replacing text (Notepad included with Windows will do this) and your old 4.3 config files. This method will work with buttons and axes binded to joysticks, throttles, pedals and any other sort of USB controller used by CloD. Keyboard bindings have not changed format and will require no editing.

Instructions are as follows:

1. Start Blitz and go into Options>Controls. There, find the unique ID for each controller you use ingame by binding a button or axis to any setting you like. Doesn't matter which, as all you are doing is noting down what the ID's for each controller are and not actually binding controls at this point.

2. Make notes of which ID corresponds to which controller on BOTH versions of CloD, i.e. write down "TWCSThrottle34GR5EA" = "Joystick2" for all the controllers. This task will be much easier if you can refer back to 4.3 to check which controller is which, but you may be able to remember or make an educated guess by looking at the .ini files.

3. Make a copy of your 4.3 confUser.ini (located in Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD) and place it in an accessible location. There, open it with your text editor of choice and use the Find and Replace feature to swap out all the "Joystick#" entries for the corresponding controller entries. For example, entries that previously were "Joystick2+Key4=dropbombs" should now appear as "TWCSThrottle34GR5EA+Key4=dropbombs".

4. Overwrite the Blitz confUser.ini with the copied 4.3 one you just modified with the new IDs.

5. Launch Blitz. All your control settings should be working.

Also note that you can carry over your other conf/confs/bldconf.ini (graphics, net settings etc) with no issues, and your user.ini is mostly intact insofar that it keeps squadrons, identification codes and gun convergences but gun loadouts may be changed due to the new/removed loadout options, and different skins may show up. New 4.5 aircraft will also be on default settings.

Hope this helps get people up and running - have fun all
    Last edited by ATAG_kiwiflieger; Jan-12-2019 at 17:25.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: Remap your controls from 4.3 to 4.5 Blitz

Good job Kiwi...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Thrustmaster TARGET Script editor users: Check your scripts to make sure the [Throttle] and [Joystick] devices have not changed. A number of lines in my scripts had "Throttle" where "Joystick" used to be. It should not have compiled, but it did, causing problems in the game when used. An hour of editing fixed everything up on all my scripts.
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-31-2017 at 18:09. Reason: Copied to separate thread
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

4. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    413.5 KB

Thanks a lot

Gateway to Downeast Maine (New England) USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.43 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Good job Kiwi...~S~
    A "noob" question:

In Blitz what make/model (RAF) aircraft does the mixture control function? The Spitfire pocket manual states that "on later aircraft there is no mixture control or, if fitted, is rendered inoperative." It won't map for me in Spitfire IIa, so I am curious about this engine function in Blitz.
    ASUS GB20CB Intel I-7 w/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, ASUS Swift PG279Q (3), VKB GF/KG12, CH Pro throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder, EDtracker Pro

[SIZE=1]"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" -S. Holmes-

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Downeast,

I have an axis command assigned to my mixture control, although 99.99% of my flying is done with mixture in Auto Rich, just as the real life Spit & Hurri pilots did. Here’s a more detailed description:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post193803

Cheers!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz