Thread: Lines In Prop Blur - FIXED vsync on

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lines In Prop Blur - FIXED vsync on

When flying the Hurricane in Blitz, there are horizontal lines in the prop blur. I don't recall that being the case with the beta. I don't know if it happens with other aircraft yet because I just got Blitz up and running and haven't flown them yet.

I suspect that it might be some setting in game or in my nVidia Control Panel that I have wrong.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the horizontal lines jumping around in the prop blur?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Lines In Prop Blur

I turned on v-sync, the problem is gone. Everything looks good now.

This might be something that you want to look at during VR implementation. VR doesn't seem to like v-sync.

But things look great now with it on, using my TrackIR 5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Lines In Prop Blur - FIXED vsync on

I have a G-Sync monitor with the function enabled but I still have the horizontal tearing. Was present in 4.3 as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    989.92 MB

Can confirm that turning on Vsync fixes "prop tearing" on Spitfire/Hurricane in 4.5.
    The same issue was also present in 4.312 as far as I remember...
    No. 303 RF-H (P3939) - Sgt Stefan Wójtowicz

Monitor: Eizo EV2455 24.1" CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.3 Ghz Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING RAM: DDR4 Corsair 16GB 3200MHz Vengeance GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock 8GB HDD: WD 1TB Blue SSD: GOODRAM 240GB Iridium PRO PSU: Corsair Corsair RM550X 550W Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Throttle: CH Pro Throttle Rudder: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals Tracking: TrackIR 5 + LaserClip

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by fury1ord View Post
    Can confirm that turning on Vsync fixes "prop tearing" on Spitfire/Hurricane in 4.5.
    The same issue was also present in 4.312 as far as I remember...
    rather than turn Vsync on in game try enabling "fast sync" on in the nvidia control panel (assuming you are Nvidia not AMD of course)

and then turn it off in game.

screan tearing gone... and FPS allowed to go higher than 60.

works great for me.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

6. Likes farley, ATAG_Snapper, fury1ord, Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.98 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I have a G-Sync monitor with the function enabled but I still have the horizontal tearing. Was present in 4.3 as well.
    Set Pseudo mode. I have Gsync also, works ok.
    www.yoyosims.pl

Win 10 64, i9 13900kf, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2 VR res.2600x2548pxt

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Smile Re: Lines In Prop Blur - FIXED vsync on

Hi,
    I am having zero success in fixing this. I have tried everything provided in this topic, and would like to say thanks to those for providing them. It just appears that Vertical Synch is performing OK in all other areas in the sim, and the graphics are otherwise superb, and this is the only issue that is giving trouble. This sim has the ability to take me back to my childhood- climbing over the Spit guarding the gate of what was RAF West Malling, and watching Geoffery Quill cavorting all over the sky above Biggin Hill in a Mk V during the 1960 anniversary air display....2 years later the family were bound for Australia but the remoteness was ever able to make me forget about my home county of Kent or the tumultuous events of 1940.
    If anyone can help out about the cockpit prop view issue I should be most grateful...
    Thank you...

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    62.85 MB

Try Unticking the SSAO box in Video Options

Cheers Soldat

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Hi Soldat, and thank you for your message. I tried your suggestion, but there was no change. The effect only appears while idling and disappears as revs rise. I have tried everything I can think of. It is almost as though the V Sync is not working either in game, through Inspector or the control panel. This is using a GTX970 and the most recent Nvidia drivers....

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    62.85 MB

Hi Peter
    I
    have never had V-Sync on in game settings I have V-Sync set to On in the NVIDIA control panel

cheers Soldat

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lynn View Post
    Hi Soldat, and thank you for your message. I tried your suggestion, but there was no change. The effect only appears while idling and disappears as revs rise. I have tried everything I can think of. It is almost as though the V Sync is not working either in game, through Inspector or the control panel. This is using a GTX970 and the most recent Nvidia drivers....
    Peter,

Sorry if u have tried or thought of these already. But it seems u are out of ideas so thought i would suggest them noting i profess no real knowledge in these areas.

Have u confirmed you have the right launcher .exe in your nvidia list? A couple of times ive lost vsynch when the launcher exe changed and i forgot to update it in the nvidia panel

Next time u are experiencing the issue try hitting the windows key and see if it makes a difference when you get back in the game. Ive been told - and have seen it first hand i think - that the windows key will turn off vsynch. If u then hit esc and then fly it shoul re-enable it. Doing this and noting what happens / doesnt happen might help problem solving. Or it might not....

Good luck - hope u get it sorted

Ezzie

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Hi Ezzie and thank you for your help. Your idea did not work, but your information will certainly be remembered. It is somewhat frustrating....the game looks really breathtaking! just this little quirk....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Vsync ingame works fine for me. (Disable Nvidia Vsync if you want to use the ingame Vsync and restart game)
    This things have helped me with screen tearin:
    Using Full Screen instead of windowed in CloD.
    Selecting the tearing screen as main screen in Nvidia / extend: give main screen the number 1 / duplicate: clone source 1
    Using aero skin in Windows 7 helpes me having no screen tear in Google Chrome. (You can have it disbaled through programs fine though.)

Someone mentioned VR doesn't like Vsync, probably because the refresh rate is different.
    Check if your refresh rate is fine.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Hello Tibsun.
    Thank you for your help. I have tried all your suggestions with no success. My son mentioned that I may have a monitor problem and I do not have a spare to try. The strange thing is, it seems that the V Sync IS working elsewhere on the screen.....just not within the prop arc!....if that makes any sense, and it only shows up at very low engine rpms! Thanks again for your advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lynn View Post
    Hello Tibsun.
    Thank you for your help. I have tried all your suggestions with no success. My son mentioned that I may have a monitor problem and I do not have a spare to try. The strange thing is, it seems that the V Sync IS working elsewhere on the screen.....just not within the prop arc!....if that makes any sense, and it only shows up at very low engine rpms! Thanks again for your advice.
    Peter,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues.

Would it be possible to take a screen shot of what you are seeing and post in this thread?

Also do you get this on all aircraft types?

And lastly - what is your monitor refresh rate?

Ezzie

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Hi again, Ezzie, and thanks for the help yet again!
    I have taken screen shots but the effect does not display! What appears are largely parallel and vertical translucent areas of hard edged shading at 90.deg to each other that travel and overlay. That is about the best I can describe it.... It started on the Spit and Hurricane but seems to have spreed to other types. One needs to be in the cockpit to see is as there is nothing amiss in exterior views. My monitor refresh rate is set at 59 and has never been altered. I have an ASUS 27" screen. Never experienced anything like it before. Hope that gives you some useful information. I know a lot more about aviation history than pooters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Hmmm i've got no clever ideas Peter so the following is well and truely clutching at straws. Aplogies if u have tried them already

Have u tried changing the video options such as aircrat detail (ie high medium low )etc to see if that changes this behaviour?

Have you cleared the cache?

What is the in game refresh rate set at? ( i think there's an option to change this - sorry if memory is playing tricks) does changing that change anything?

If you jump in a blenny do u get the same effect when looking at the props from other positions in the aircraft ( im not sure if u can see the props from all these positions though)

Do u get it in single player and muliplayer?

Have you verified your install via steam?

again sorry if u have tried these. Ill stop suggesting random things now and hope someone else might know how to fix your problem.

Edit - was reading this thread

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...highlight=Prop

And The epilepsy filter was mentioned. Im not sure if that is still an option in the latest version but if it is still an option does this make a difference. Now i'm done with random suggestion...

Good luck

Ezzie
    Last edited by ATAG_Ezzie; Mar-08-2019 at 06:26.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Ok Ezzie, you have been more than generous...Thank you for you efforts. I will keep toiling at this end....

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    498.76 MB

try to set the fps to the frequency of the monitor with a program like Rivaturner, nvidia inspector ...

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Hi addict, and thank you for your message. I will do as you suggest and inform you forthwith!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.09 GB

Well it is certainly much better thank you. Sometimes it tries to creep back with the Hurricane, but it is much improved.