Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLITZ: NVIDIA control panel is your friend

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.92 MB

Re: BLITZ: NVIDIA control panel is your friend

BOO thank you for the explanation. That does help. I guess I should have said I don't see any noticeable input lag with regular VSync. Now if I use the VSync in the sim then I do see more input lag but I don't seem to see it with the VSync in NVidia control panel.

I have tried Fast Sync and I guess it works but I dont really see as good image quality and the prop distortion is worse. With regular VSync I am steady 60fps but the prop distortion is totally gone.
    With Fast Sync or with no VSync at all I get anywhere from 90 to 140 fps but it doesnt feel as smooth as with regular VSync on.

I do appreciate you explaining it, I am sure it is very different for different systems of course.

Thanks!
    "Everything I had ever learned about air fighting taught me that the man who is aggressive, who pushes a fight, is the pilot who is successful in combat and who has the best opportunity for surviving battle and coming home."
    Robert S. Johnson - 56th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force

2. Likes BOO liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Works the same for all systems with regular monitors Stardog - the only variable is how many fps the system can produce.

@ Karaya - lowering the "max preredered frames" to 1 will help with input lag too (presuming the game uses the default of 3 or players have selected higher themselves). 59 or 58 fps caps on a 60hz monitor is supposed to help reduce input lag more but it induces stutters and TBH, I really don't notice the input lag on a flight sim anyhow even using vsync. Im sure others do so I'm not in denial. Just not important to me.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Adjusted my settings to match the ones posted by Ezzie and noticed a great improvement during the time I was online . The map was the isle of white one which has been a major problem with fps since 4.5.

My system spec: I5 2500K 3.3 Ghz (4.2 ovrclock) auto by motherboard when needed, Mushkin 16gig ram 2400 , Asus z68 motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb video card, 2 SSD's for 1) windows7 OS, 2) Cliffs/BOS. And 1TB Hard drive for everything else.
    Last edited by Ohms; Dec-28-2017 at 11:12.

5. Likes ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Curious... Mine was stuttery as hell looking around as well... Until i reset nvidia control panel to standard settings.

I then put fastsync back on.

Smooth as silk ever since.

I thought my track ir was the problem at first as looking around was really laggy....... Resetting nvidia to standard settings cured everything.
    I think this actually was due to running Virtual Cockpit on another screen.

With it on i get Track IR lag, withit not running no head tracking lag.

Weirdly there is no effect on FPS either way... just head traking lag.

so its adios to Virtual Cockpit.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Also...

anyone got SSAO on in game?

I didnt notice any hit on frames but im wondering if these control panel settings negate it ?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    241.13 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    I think this actually was due to running Virtual Cockpit on another screen.

With it on i get Track IR lag, withit not running no head tracking lag.

Weirdly there is no effect on FPS either way... just head traking lag.

so its adios to Virtual Cockpit.

If you have a spare old PC or laptop, you could run VC in network mode. I find that I get no FPS hits using this method. The Android VC application is also a viable choice if you own a tablet.

Vae Victis!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." - Sun Tzu

Come watch the fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Was having very bad stuttering (not me, the sim) the other eveinig flying SP.

For some unknown reason (idea just popped into my otherwise empty head) I switched from full screen to pseudo, and the stuttering totally resolved.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two, and when one might be better than the other?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Was having very bad stuttering (not me, the sim) the other eveinig flying SP.

For some unknown reason (idea just popped into my otherwise empty head) I switched from full screen to pseudo, and the stuttering totally resolved.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two, and when one might be better than the other?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I can only run in pseudo.... I have no idea why there even is such a setting.... So...

Not me no.. I'm clueless!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

11. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Pseudo is a borderless stretched window that displays the game to your screen resolution. I think in the early days Clod had windowed and Pseudo only. The latter allowed players to display the game without black boarders that could result from standard window sizes not matching the newer non 4:3 monitors. I believe the windows only went up to 1024 X 768 resolution too at the time.

The term Pseudo was therefore short for "Pseudo Full Screen"

Full screen was supposed to be the better option but it seemed some players still found Pseudo worked better.

Whilst some people see advantages in using it today, others don't and for others it makes things worse. Seems to be very hardware/driver dependent and the need to use it has popped up more since 4.5 for some reason. The reverse happened in BOS when all of a sudden Windowless no longer worked as well but Full screen did.

Being a window it doesn't respond to Vsync (not sure if things like FXAA and Pre rendered frames still work but I suspect not) and manages the frames displayed and screen tear in its own "windows" way. Sometimes this is good because it gets around the vsync display rate cuts and kills severe stutter - sometimes it isn't because it doesn't manage the frame display times as well as a properly fed vsync and leads to surging and some stuttering still. I think (only think) that I also read it uses windows default pre-rendered frames which (I think) is 3.

Alt Tabbing should be faster (cos its a window) and some overlays will run better whilst others wont "see" it. I'm not sure how Reshade reacts to it.

Cheers

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

13. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I played about with Full Screen and Pseudo this morning and could see very little difference between the two modes. Perhaps there is some (my placebo believing self felt Full Screen was just ever so ever so slightly er....diffrenent?) but on my set up I wouldn't be able to tell the difference from one to another if I didn't know.

What i did find (for those wanting to compare for themselves) is that clearing the Cache seems to be important if you are swapping between modes. When I failed to this swapping back to Full Screen caused lots of performance issues. Clearing the cache stops this. I also found that setting the frame limiter to exactly match my TVs published refresh rate was the only way to avoid any jittering. Any drop below the refresh rate (for me 60fps) was just as distracting as it would be in full screen with vsync so, for me at least, its not a magic bullet that lets me run the game well under 60 fps. Reshade works in both.

The main difference between the two (apart from the black magic that is why one works for some but not for others) really then comes down to:

Its easier to Alt Tab in Pseudo

Psuedo doesn't use Vsync (which may be the reason at least some people are reporting the game only running smoothly in this mode)

Cheers

BOO

15. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Thanks for these replies Boo.

I try to keep cache free of files, so don't think that for me it is realted to that.

I had a few days where there was suddenly tearing, and no matter what i set Vsync to in Control Panel it continued.
    Then it cleared.

I've never noticed differences between full screen and pseudo until now.

No matter how often i tell my self "If it aint broke don't fix it", i always seem to clen this or that on the machine, or do whatever to it,
    usually with the result of not making anything better, but having some unforseen negative consequence appear;
    for example at the moment many of my files won't open.

It's mind boggling the domino effect that one small change can make.

I've learned my lesson..... it's only 0800, what can i improve today..... or maybe not.........
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Hi guys. I also worked on the nvidia panel. I have no experience with clod and the specifications of my pc are not recent: The PC is a model Hp 8300 elite processor with i5 - 2400 4gb of Ram and 350gb of hard disk. I have a gtx750 1 GB video card.
    I do not know the presence of a benchmark scenario and so I flew in the 'RAF field bombardment' mission getting a fairly stable 60 fps. I enclose the screenshots of my setups. As you can see I have low average settings to start with then I will try to get up but my target is not to fall below 40 fps stable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    Hi everyone,

For the tech-not-so-savvy (like me) I thought i would just mention the improvements you can get with Blitz by setting up your Nvidia Control Panel (NCP) for those of you who use an NVIDIA card. I flew my first offline sortie in the BLITZ release just now and had forgotten to set up my NCP and after doing so the differences in graphic look and performance are significant. Even if you are happy with how it looks/plays but havent set your NCP up i would highly recommend it as you are probably missing out on what the game can deliver graphic wise.

Here's what i use (plus my system spec) as a guide for those who have no idea what all the options mean (like me) - this was tweaked a lot during beta testing based on advice from smarter people than me and I'm happy with what it delivers. it might be tweak-able some more but I'm happy and just want to fly now.

Attachment 33048Attachment 33049

Hope this helps get people going re the NCP

Ezzie
    Have a G970 and I use these setting and they work great except I use QUALITY instead of high performance and FAST for the vertical sync

19. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    354.79 MB

Yay!! Thank you!! Works beautifully!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi guys,

First things first, I’ve been flying in CLOD for a few of months now which would not have been possible without the ATAG forum, specially this thread, and the amazing community, so thanks!

The thing is I have a NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 and my NVIDIA control panel has a few more options than the screenshots posted on this thread. As a result I’m fiddling with a few options that I don’t know if they actually have an impact on game, just hampering my performance or do nothing at all. I would really appreciate it if someone with a GTX 1050/1060 could post his or her settings as I’m really trying to get the most out of my GPU.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

I have just had to do a complete reset of my system and remembered this thread. I am trying to change my settings in Nvidia control panel but every time I click 'Apply' I am getting an error message 'Access denied, failed to apply selected settings to your system' Any ideas? I have a GTX 1050 Ti

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Have you got the latest NVidia drivers for your GPU Lase?

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Have look at this to Lase.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

25. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Have look at this to Lase.

Cheers Vamps, will have a look at this

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

27. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12