Thread: Fast way to migrate your joystick bindings to 4.5

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fast way to migrate your joystick bindings to 4.5

OK, so for those of you that does not have patience to rebind everything after glorious update 4.5 - here's quick workaround:

1) First you need to run the old version - go to your control options and save configuration as ini file. In the same time pay attention how your peripherals was recognized. For example i have joystick recognized as Joystick1 and throttle recognized simply as Joystick.

2) Next run your newly installed Cliffs of Dover Blitz, go to your setting, bind one button or axis of each of your peripherals and note how it is recognized by game. For example joystick is recognized as T.16000M-3F0967C55 and my throttle as TWCS_Throttle-917D4B07

3) (read that paragraph till the end before you start doing it) Now find the ini file you just created (it should be in "1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder) and open it with good old notepad, then use the "replace all" tool to replace all occurrences of Joystick1 with T.16000M-3F0967C55 and Joystick with TWCS_Throttle-917D4B07 (of course your will be different but you know what i mean). Important thing to remember is that if you have joy with number and one without as i had Joystick1 and Joystick, you need to change the one with the number first (so in my example i had to start with Joystick1) otherwise you will replace word Joystick in both Joystick and Joystick1 which will make replacing other peripherals much more difficult.

4) Lastly save your modified ini file to "1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder and load it in game settings.

5) Go shut some Jerrys

2. Likes ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Fast way to migrate your joystick bindings to 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Rycerzyk View Post
    Now find the ini file you just created (it should be in "1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD" folder)
    The file is ConfUser.ini.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    The file is ConfUser.ini.
    It is if you just press save in settings, but you can always click "Save as" and name it whatever you want. I used that technique to make few different configs when windows was messing with my joystick ids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Same thing I just posted on a different thread...

============================

I do it this way as I find it less hassle navigating all the 'Controls' section as it can be a bit daunting and not altogether intuitive. I often have to fly too before I realise I have missed specific keys which takes even more time. I also find that some keys I have dedicated I am not sure what their actual name is. The way below has just one file that you have to modify and you can basically scroll from top to bottom in one go correcting lines as you see them and you don't need to actually know what the dedicated line does. Some may find this useful.

1) Make a copy of your 'confuser' file from 1CSoftclub after you have installed 'Blitz' and put it on your desktop...
    2) Start your game and dedicate one key from your peripherals (stick and throttle) for example, aileron (stick) and throttle (throttle)
    3) Close your game and go to 1CSoftclub 'confuser' file....Open it in 'notepad' and open the copied 'confuser' file on your desktop in notepad. Have them both open side by side so you can cross reference both of them. Scroll down on the 1CSoftclub 'confuser' file until you see the new dedicated key. You should now see something similar to this line (Obviously they will not be exactly the same as your peripherals may be different to mine and it will NOT be highlighted in red):

SideWinder_Force_Feedback_2_Joystick-14725D5D+AXE_X=1aileron

and

CH_Pro_Throttle_USB-85B10281+AXE_Z=-1throttle

You now need to cross reference these lines with the same lines in the copied 'confuser' file from your desktop.

Joystick2+AXE_X=1aileron

and

Joystick+AXE_Z=-1throttle

4) We can see now that we need to replace every line that includes the text 'Joystick2' and 'Joystick' (Yours may be 'Joystick0' and 'Joystick1'). This text always comes before the '+'. DO NOT DELETE THE WHOLE LINE...Only replace the specific parts of text highlighted in red that come before the '+'.

5) You will need to go through every line in the 'confuser' file that is in your 1CSoftclub folder.

You can also use the 'Replace...' option under 'Edit' in notepad if you are confident to use it...

This is something I do as I find it quicker and less hassle.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

nice... would be good thing to be added in installation/upgrade instructions ...

(Too bad there wasn't a script during installation to handle this)

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Recon View Post
    (Too bad there wasn't a script during installation to handle this)
    This will dont't help much, because your joystick new name/ID will be know only after you assign a axis or button in Blitz and you need input this name manually in that script - resulting in the same job that is need do in Notepad, after this things went automatically.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I found it easier just to do the following; Start the game, set and test your controller axes. Then go through the controls menu and CLEAR every entry! This will get rid of all the worse than useless "legacy" keystrokes. Then go through the whole menu again and assign your buttons, etc.
    Works every time, takes about half and hour, or about as much time as trying to follow the workaround instructions.
    Just my two cents, your mileage may vary. Good luck and good hunting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

[QUOTE=ATAG_Lewis;294711]Same thing I just posted on a different thread...

And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your family, Lewis!

Seeing the photo of you and your Missus was interesting, as I assumed you still looked like your avatar, but Time marches on, eh?

Take care.

Whizkid.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

I'm awaiting delivery of an SSD to install the 64-bit version of my OS so I can install 4.5 and this is good information. Along that subject, I have been unable to get my CH Products USB Pro Pedal toe brakes to work in 4.3 after several mapping attempts. Has anyone been able to successfully get toe brakes to work in 4.3 and 4.5? If so, how'd you do it?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by I_B_Spectre View Post
    I'm awaiting delivery of an SSD to install the 64-bit version of my OS so I can install 4.5 and this is good information. Along that subject, I have been unable to get my CH Products USB Pro Pedal toe brakes to work in 4.3 after several mapping attempts. Has anyone been able to successfully get toe brakes to work in 4.3 and 4.5? If so, how'd you do it?
    Mine bind on X and Y axis. Work in 4.312 and 4.5.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

My CH Pro Pedal toe brakes work with both versions. Bear in mind they they are not supposed to work on the British aircraft, which weren't equipped with toe brakes.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

Thanks, Murph, I think you hit on it. I fly British aircraft almost exclusively and that's probably the issue. I'd thought there might be a way to actuate brakes by assigning the "B" key to either/both pedals' toe brakes for British planes, but I guess not. I wouldn't want it to interfere with proper toe brake operation on Luftwaffe aircraft. IIRC, didn't the German planes use heel brakes vice toe brakes?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I'm not sure if they were heel or toe activated on the German aircraft, but it was something of that sort, such as is typical of modern aircraft.
    The British aircraft used a system whereby the brakes were controlled from a button or lever on the control column. Both systems are reflected in the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

[QUOTE=Whizkid;295882]
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Same thing I just posted on a different thread...

And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your family, Lewis!

Seeing the photo of you and your Missus was interesting, as I assumed you still looked like your avatar, but Time marches on, eh?

Take care.

Whizkid.
    Im gonna assume you look like yours

Haha!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey