Thread: ATAG server 4.312

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ATAG server 4.312

Given that, the new team fusion patch, precise technical requirements that, by far exceed the computer equipment on those users that could move the sim on the older version but couldnt do it on the newest one. I PROPOSE that ATAG KEEP A SERVER ON 4.312 ver, in which, people that can´t run the sim on the "Blitz", may still continue flying this great sim, yet with the previous version, which for sure are, a few.

My specs:

- Windows 7 home premium 64 bits
    - Intel core2 quad Q8300 2.5 ghz
    - 4gb ram
    - NVIDIA 240 GT

The previous patch at "medium" settings; the sim gave me, 40 FPS average, the actual patch nor even allows it to start .

S!
    Last edited by Alcor; Dec-18-2017 at 04:02.

2. Likes Ruff, SD_MBen, Fresh Giant, Baffin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Re: ATAG server 4.312

I just wanted to chime in, Alot of people online at ATAG today were voicing the same thing.
    Until TF can repair the Blitz, perhaps bring back the older code server as it was better in every way.

I know you'd have my vote after spending a few hrs today "trying" to fly and manage with all of the blitz issues. I just gave up in the end and will wait and see, but for now off to other hobbies until that time.

4. Likes SD_MBen, Fresh Giant liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My old computer only give me 22-30 fps in Blitz so I would like to play online with the old version of the game which give me 60-70fps.
    I hope you guys could maintain a little server for us lol.

6. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Raidou View Post
    My old computer only give me 22-30 fps in Blitz so I would like to play online with the old version of the game which give me 60-70fps.
    I hope you guys could maintain a little server for us lol.
    Are you running the game at absolute minimum settings?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Are you running the game at absolute minimum settings?
    First, thanks for answer me.

Second: yes, in very low settings with Vsinc, antialising, grass and others disabled and with a low resolution (1600x900).

My computer is:

Windows 10
    Intel core2 quad Q8200 2.33 ghz
    6GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 460

I think its weird that in the previous game I had 60fps in medium settings and now I only get 23-30fps in very low (I've used London from Quick missions).

9. Likes Alcor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

London give me very low FPS at low to medium settings on a i7 2,8 ghz gtx 680 18 gb ram pc. Not high spec anymore, but it run BOX series well

11. Likes Alcor liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

hmmm...well here goes...

My first thought when I began reading "please give us an ATAG 4.312 server" was something along the lines of "and are you currently contributing to the running to even ask?" but then three ghosts visited me over three nights and ive had a change of heart (plus its irrelevant anyhow)

Of course the world moves on and its right and proper that Blitz utilises 64bit for the greater progression.

But Clod isn't just a game. It a community. Its largely the community that is the reason its still here. And ATAG. Without ATAG what do we have? .............Exactly......... and you are welcome to join those viperous nests if you wish.

And so the point of all this sentimental tosh. Some wont move to 64 bit cos of other games, Ive little time for them. Sorry. Some wont because they are cavemen who still kill furry things when the sun comes up. No time for them either. Some want 4.312 back cos there are impatient of 4.5 settling in or because they don't like this that or the other. No time.

But some cant because of cost. Upgrading a PC these is no small matter especially if you live outside of the larger economies and certainly if the rig was creaking along as it was. Likely then that some people have found homes here and on the ATAG servers because of circumstances not choice. Likely that some once could afford to game once but live in changed circumstances now. Likely that a good number feel or are unable to ask for this so will slip away silently. Cos that's the crapper with circumstances. They are difficult things to explain to people who are not in them.

And circumstances can be horrible places. And sometimes the best cure for being in a "circumstance" is feeling like your sharing the planet with someone else with whome you have something, however odd, in common. Even if your trying to kill the B@5tard and hes trying to kill you.

And its not just the 64bit thing.. If it wont run reasonably well then it just serves to remind you of your situation, helping nothing. And Blitz wont run well on old kit especially with the shadows now being permanently hardwired on. There is no getting around that at this time even though I'm sure TFS would change it if they could.

So anyhow - I get that things move on but the thought of just one individual being denied the companionship or just the escapism of a few hours transported away from whatever crap they face in RL really upsets me. Doubly so when I think that there will more than likely be a second server sitting largely unpopulated for most of the time and especially when perhaps (rightly or wrongly) they may have been looking forward to blitz only to have it all pulled from under them.

And I get it costs, and I get if we donated a thousand dollars a month for the next forever it probably wouldn't pay back the bill payer for all the times the donations ran up short.

Anyhow - I know ATAG isn't a charity. And I know I'm not ATAG and never will be. And I know others could sort it out themselves with their own server. But look. People are asking ATAG. Why? Well perhaps they just dig the way you fellas roll. Or perhaps it cos they look to ATAG as the "Big One" (yes I know each and every server provider is important to Clod - I mean in terms of being a central hub for the many) And that's quite sommat isn't it?

Finally - of course I realise if this happened it dilutes the community to a degree and yes I know the server will be full of ingrates who can, but choose not to play 4.5 for the most petty of reasons. And yes I know anyone can pick holes all of this. But, there might just be one or two players out there who wont feel as if they have been cut off from something they have grown to love . And that might just be something worthwhile.

S!

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.89 MB

Wow. Superiority complex much? Your entire post reeks of it. If you wouldn't mind jumping off your high horse for a second I'd like to point out that most of the people that are asking for a 4.312 server are asking for it only until TFS can fix 4.5. All you have to do is remove your rose colored glasses for a second to see that while 4.5 is a step in the right direction it was not ready for a public release. It needed optimization and stress testing with more that 8 players on a "beta test" server.

Not sure if I fit in the "I don't have time" category you have, but my system is well above the recommended specs with a GTX970 GPU and a AMD X4 965 Black(64bit) with 16g RAM. Now I get the CPU is a bit older and bottle-necking my GPU, but I have had to turn down ALL of the eye candy that TFS worked so hard on just to make the ATAG server even flyable(barely) . One of the major pluses of CLoD until now was to low cost of entry system wise as compared to other flight sims we have on the market.

Sorry for rant, I'm done now. Let me help you back onto your horse.

DS

14. Likes Ruff, Alcor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Easy now fellers, I think everyone just needs to be patient here. Everyone feels the effect of the current situation in one form or another. TFS is hard at work as they have been for some time. Have some eggnog and rum, enjoy the season - things will be worked out in time

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

So there are currently 2 ATAG servers, server 2 can be running 4.312 while the other is on 4.5 maybe?
    Server 2 was always empty in 4.312. This will be good for those players who have low end pc.
    This could also buy some time for the maps to be added, stats etc.. because at the moment its very hard to get contacts with no tab - 7 - 1
    Blitz is cool, dont get me wrong, but it still needs some time to adapt I guess.
    Last edited by Maru; Dec-18-2017 at 16:30.

17. Likes Ruff, Alcor liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleStandards View Post
    Wow. Superiority complex much? Your entire post reeks of it. If you wouldn't mind jumping off your high horse for a second I'd like to point out that most of the people that are asking for a 4.312 server are asking for it only until TFS can fix 4.5. All you have to do is remove your rose colored glasses for a second to see that while 4.5 is a step in the right direction it was not ready for a public release. It needed optimization and stress testing with more that 8 players on a "beta test" server.

Not sure if I fit in the "I don't have time" category you have, but my system is well above the recommended specs with a GTX970 GPU and a AMD X4 965 Black(64bit) with 16g RAM. Now I get the CPU is a bit older and bottle-necking my GPU, but I have had to turn down ALL of the eye candy that TFS worked so hard on just to make the ATAG server even flyable(barely) . One of the major pluses of CLoD until now was to low cost of entry system wise as compared to other flight sims we have on the market.

Sorry for rant, I'm done now. Let me help you back onto your horse.

DS
    Fair comment.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    So there are currently 2 ATAG servers, server 2 can be running 4.312 while the other is on 4.5 maybe?
    Server 2 was always empty in 4.312. This will be good for those players who have low end pc.
    This could also buy some time for the maps to be added, stats etc.. because at the moment its very hard to get contacts with no tab - 7 - 1
    Blitz is cool, dont get me wrong, but it still needs some time to adapt I guess.
    Great Idea!

20. Likes Alcor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Alcor View Post
    My specs:

- Windows 7 home premium 64 bits
    - Intel core2 quad Q8300 2.5 ghz
    - 4gb ram
    - NVIDIA 240 GT

The previous patch at "medium" settings; the sim gave me, 40 FPS average, the actual patch nor even allows it to start .
    S!
    Is that a desktop or a laptop ?
    I'm gobsmacked that u could get an average of 40fps in online multiplayer with that rig ! Sounds like a bit of hyperbole to me.
    What screen resolution are u running at ?
    Win 7 64bit will use 1Gb or more of that RAM just idling.
    That GT240 (with 1GB of VRAM) may have run games back in 2009 when it was released but things have moved on 9 years later.
    CloD will get more fixes but seriously, at some point that rig is simply not going to cut it anymore.
    Is there space on the motherboard for more RAM (like another 4Gb)?
    If it's a desktop u likely can pick up a GTX780 (with 3GB of VRAM) for between $100-$200.
    Even modest upgrades like that would be an improvement.
    There is nothing to stop any1 from hosting their own server if they have a reasonable internet connection.
    ATAG is not the government with some sort of obligation to please every1. We are a group of sim enthusiasts who host a couple of servers and a forum that a lot of other enthusiasts also like to use of their own free choice.
    I'm sorry that it no longer meets your and others needs. This may change with further optimisations to 4.5 but if it doesn't then u will need to consider your options. CloD as hosted by ATAG will move forward not backward.
    Yes there will be teething issues just as when CloD was 1st released but things got fixed over time and now that Team Fusion Simulations has partnered with 1C there will be big changes (with the inevitable bug tracking) that will continue to move the sim forward.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post

Is that a desktop or a laptop ?

I'm gobsmacked that u could get an average of 40fps in online multiplayer with that rig ! Sounds like a bit of hyperbole to me.

What screen resolution are u running at ?

Is there space on the motherboard for more RAM (like another 4Gb)?
    -Its a desktop
    -Believe it or not , on 4.312 patch, I could fly the sim decently without any problem in most circuntances. Sadly now, I couldnt, and believe me, I would like.
    -1280 x 720 - 60 hz
    -There isn`t space on the motherboard for more RAM (4gb is the max x my pc).

Of course , I´m aware of my limitations on PC equipment and else, and I know the fact that if I want continue to flight on sims, Ill have to buy a new one. But infortunatly that is no possible actually , and how I like "to much" this sim particularly and I want to keep flying it, I hope you´ll take care of my proposal.

Thanks anyway

S!
    Last edited by Alcor; Dec-20-2017 at 03:03.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Raidou View Post
    First, thanks for answer me.

Second: yes, in very low settings with Vsinc, antialising, grass and others disabled and with a low resolution (1600x900).

My computer is:

Windows 10
    Intel core2 quad Q8200 2.33 ghz
    6GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 460

I think its weird that in the previous game I had 60fps in medium settings and now I only get 23-30fps in very low (I've used London from Quick missions).
    alot of people making the switch to DDR4 motherboards with AMD and Intel new processors
    so plenty of ddr3 amdfx4-6-8 core processors going cheap on ebay.

ATAG is not the government with some sort of obligation to please every1. We are a group of sim enthusiasts who host a couple of servers and a forum that a lot of other enthusiasts also like to use of their own free choice.
    I'm sorry that it no longer meets your and others needs. This may change with further optimisations to 4.5 but if it doesn't then u will need to consider your options. CloD as hosted by ATAG will move forward not backward.
    no harm in asking i dont think, im aware that people are alittle defensive we all want TFS and 4.5 to do well. best thing that can happen is we work with what we have utilizing both servers, if that mean a 4.3/4.5 one or a 4.5 Pub/4.5 test server. whatever on the forums we should try and get the best for ATAG TFS the community and future development.
    Asus B350-Plus, AMD Ryzen5 5600 3.6Ghz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, XFX 6700XT 12Gb
    Iiyama 27" monitor 2560 x 1440
    Thrustmaster FCS PS3 EYE LED Tracking

24. Likes Alcor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

My post was merely a point, you should not measure FPS low over London, it is low in the old version

26. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.3 KB

Hoping at least one of the many CLOD multiplayer servers goes back to 4.312, as it was better.

Currently with 4.5, I am unable to tell if I am even hitting another plane, there are no indicators, but then I see it go down. Last night I saw a Hurri I shot up go down, as I was less than 2 stories above it, and no explosion, just a brown stain on the ground. No fireball, no smoke, no effects, no sound of an explosion. Also the clouds and sky graphics are messed up in 4.5, as I only get half of the cloud (lower half) with a hard line at the mid point of the sky across the screen... which kinda works like a cheat as I can see the planes that should be hidden from my view. The other major issues are the intense rubber banding close-up and as I see planes engaged from far off as they stretch in and out by over a wingspan. The overall jittery online play is hard to contend with as well.
    I am sure one day they will repair 4.5 but my instincts tell me it will take much longer than the time we had been hearing for the release of 4.5.

I heard a rumor that there might be at least one server that is considering reverting back to 4.312 which would be a blessing for many voicing for this for at least some time until after 4.5 has been proven to be fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    14.08 MB

The WarBirds of Prey server will be moving back to 4.312 tonight. BlackNight said he should have it up and running by 9 pm Eastern if not sooner.

Supporting Member No.119_Viper (VK-S)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    214.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    hmmm...well here goes...

But Clod isn't just a game. It a community. Its largely the community that is the reason its still here. And ATAG. Without ATAG what do we have? .............Exactly......... and you are welcome to join those viperous nests if you wish.

S!

BOO
    Ohhh and what Viperous nests might they be then Mr BOO.......

)) Hugs ((
    Viper ~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

There's nothing wrong with admitting that v4.5 is not quite ready for Prime Time. We all appreciate the hard work that went into it as well as the continuing dedication by TFS to correct the unforeseen problems.

For the sake of the devoted following of CLoD players who want to participate in v4.5 but simply cannot, it seems a wise alternative to provide a server for the "Tried and True 4.312", to protect the fan base!

If it's logistically possible, this certainly is not an unreasonable request.

MOOT! TFS seems to have a handle on the issue. This evening's testing was successful with all participants that I heard reporting significant improvement. Well done, TFS.
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-22-2017 at 21:46.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

31. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger, Alcor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

TWC has had a server up running 4.312 everyday and our stats show that some check in then out then in then out then don't fly. We all know there are issues and we will continue to keep a 4.312 running probably after the 4.5 gets sorted for those who couldn't upgrade. So dont say there is no 4.312 server because there has been since day one.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

33. Likes BOO, Alcor, ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Well it seems like netcode for TF4.5 has been fixed so maybe 4.5 works better for most now.

35. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kling View Post
    Well it seems like netcode for TF4.5 has been fixed so maybe 4.5 works better for most now.
    At about the same time you posted this I was on Server 1 in a Beaufighter in a brief dogfight on the deck in France maneuvering behind a very skilled 110 driver with an equally-skilled 109 jockey on my six hacking away at me. Gameplay was very smooth - no lag, no warping, no rubber banding that I could detect.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

37. Likes ATAG_Septic, ATAG_Deacon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    At about the same time you posted this I was on Server 1 in a Beaufighter in a brief dogfight on the deck in France maneuvering behind a very skilled 110 driver with an equally-skilled 109 jockey on my six hacking away at me. Gameplay was very smooth - no lag, no warping, no rubber banding that I could detect.
    Did you survive?
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
    Did you survive?
    Nope. But I gave them a helluva fright!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Nope. But I gave them a helluva fright!

I found flying a Beufighter is very rewarding if a couple of Spits is close by when enemy bounce you, this was in my first flight with it. So I am a fast learner

41. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

What's stopping you from hosting your own server? I do it all the time with friends. TFS and ATAG are under no obligation to provide this free for the public, like they did their excellent 4.5 patch. And no,I do not have the latest, fastest, most powerful PC.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok . I see...Forget it.

Thks anyway.

S!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

My turn.

I sincerely hope that there is not a move to dumb down the game or its potential due to a few players not having an adequate sytem or having it setup in correctly to play the game.

When playing Aces High, my greatest frustration was its community. These were good people, friendly, helpful and as welcoming as any I have met in CloD. However, there was one serious flaw, that being that the hard core element who will likely remain in that sim until their last breath had old outdated computers and were constantly reporting how they loved a game that met “their” systems.

Despite many small updates, most of which were never tangibly seen, there was no attempt to update the graphics and compete against its peers. IMHO, to keep the vocal minority’s and most reliable customer base the game ultimately suffered and limited its growth to new customers with more modern equipment who may have increased their player base long after its term of life had passed.

4.3.2 s dead. It died a noble death with an honourable service history and it should be allowed to pass into the historical annals as having served us well during its period of duty.

4.5 is here. It is not 4.5’s responsibility to meet the need of every player who may have been able to play 4..3.2. Each of us determines the system we have and why we have it. Work, play, one singular game or email use. It you want to play CloD 4.5 you have to meet the requirements of it.

4.5 is the future, its the here and now. Yesterday was just that, yesterday and I have no desire to move forwards by going backwards.

I couldn’t play 4.5 for a month after nearly daily happy contented play in 4.3.2. I was frustrated. At times, I may have had the odd meltdown and threatened my computer screen with a closed fist and my best war face. Ultimately tho, I knew, it wasnLt 4.5 that had to change or the TFS vision to move forward. It was me.

I dont have the best system. I am working to make that happen. At least to the requirements and expectations I now have of my computer.

4.5 isn’t perfect. TFS never said it was, nor did I hear anyone else promise it would be. TF5 will be better and god help us, there will be those playing with issues too.

Do we keep retarding every subsequent version because some haven’t caught up?

I barely remember Aces High now. I look at its vids and its almost like going back to “Their Finest Hour” in 1998. It was fun while it lasted but technology and I moved on.

I say, dont change the vision. Keep it progressive. If we want it bad enough to be a part of it, we will take the time to save, change, adapt and improvise whatever is needed to stay competitive.

Some of that responsibility, some keep throwing at TFS, is OUR responsibility also.

I want to move forward until I get my damn Mosquito!

Keeping 4.3.2 alive will detract from the energy of the team towards the future. Something goes wrong with the server and someone who could be working on 4.5 or 5 has to fix something that has already lived its useful life. It will employ the resources of the customer base on a futile version, that could otherwise be utilised to promote and expand the same into the future.

4.3.2 meets an individual need but not a community one. Keep it if you wish. Employ your own servers if you wish, but do not detract from the resources, energy’s and vision thats been planned for the future.

I have no desire to play Aces High 4.
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Jan-14-2018 at 07:01.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

I don't wish to interject as being rude

But I thought most people with computers were well aware that their hardware becomes obsolete quite fast and requires constant updating and thinking a system will "last forever" is at best, wishful thinking

...and it's not like TF never made clear they intended to modernize the game, which most could have noticed would most likely encompass a migration to a new system somewhere in the future

(Side note: I also don't update my system as often either, I went from an AMD AM2 setup to my current I5 4th gen in 2014, in the 8 years I used the AMD I made 1 upgrade from a GTX 8800 to a GTX 560 TI,
    all the while running the initial install of Win XP sp3 )
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"