Thread: Tab 7-1 is still working - old skool version however

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Tab 7-1 is still working - old skool version however

A few people have commented in TS and chat that Tab 7-1 is broken/not working.

Its still working but has reverted to the implementation that existed around 4 years ago prior to the change that was made in 2015 (from memory) to make twins invisible and introduce a 500m hard deck below which radar didnt track aircraft.

So it no longer shows you the nearest bomber/fighter but rather shows you a bearing / distance to some other aircraft which wont always be the closest (I think it tracks the first fighter/bomber that spawns in until that one is destroyed/despawns and then it goes to the 2nd one to spawn in from memory - could be wrong). And Blennies are now trackable on Tab 7-1 and i think the 500m hard deck (ie below this height things dont show on tab 7-1) is also not enabled. I followed a bomber tab 7-1 distance / heading earlier today just to check and found a Blennie way out in the ocean at low level no doubt planning to bomb a french orphanage....

So its not broken but has just gone back to an earlier incarnation (it seems). If this is an issue for you then i would maybe just hold fire until some of the bigger fish are sorted re 4.5 before worrying about this and whether it should be changed. It might be that TFS has decided to go back to this version for some under the hood reason.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Tab 7-1 is still working - old skool version however

I don't think it's a TF thing, as far as I know the Tab-7-1 modifications were done server-side by some of the ATAG gurus. Lots of server and mission stuff is still needing to be updated for 4.5 so I'm sure that we'll get the improved Tab-7-1 back at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Mine no longer call out air targets
    instead ships and "main target" ?????????

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    Mine no longer call out air targets
    instead ships and "main target" ?????????
    Knuckles - were u flying a bomber?

I seem to recall - but could be wrong - that in the early version of tab 7-1 bombers couldnt use it to check for air contacts. This was introduced around the time the tab 7-1 was changed in 2015 or thereabouts.

From memory - could be wrong.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    Knuckles - were u flying a bomber?

I seem to recall - but could be wrong - that in the early version of tab 7-1 bombers couldnt use it to check for air contacts. This was introduced around the time the tab 7-1 was changed in 2015 or thereabouts.

From memory - could be wrong.

Ezzie
    a Blenheim of course

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I implement this with voice control as well as with a programmed button press on my controller. I've found that a 300ms delay after each keypress [TAB - (300ms delay) - 7 - (300ms delay) - 1 - (300ms delay)] helps to prevent problems. It seems to work well... much like it worked in v4.312.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-01-2018 at 11:00.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.