Thread: kegetys / sfs unpack for 4.5?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    77.47 MB

kegetys / sfs unpack for 4.5?

Hi Everyone,
    First and foremost, thanks to TF for 4.5, and apologies if this question is being asked in the wrong place. Ever since IL2 COD came out, I have been modding the games content part time, exclusively for my own enjoyment in single player. Alas time commitments have prevented me from contributing to TF in any way, but I still like to get stuck in once in a while. To do this, I have always been able to make use of the kegetys sfs mod, firstly to dump the games sfs archives into files which can be changed, and also the -mod injection capability to override game supplied files that this ddl provided.

You can probably see where this is going - the new TF 4.5 launcher appears to have stopped the kegetys sfs mod from being able to dump the game archives - presumably because the original ddl is 32-bit, and the game's launcher is now 64... So - does anyone have any alternative way of unpacking the sfs archives so that part time modders like be can get their thrills and spills?

Many Thanks,

Dave.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Re: kegetys / sfs unpack for 4.5?

I'm sure someone from TFS will be along eventually to answer this. You may have to wait awhile, I think they are pretty busy right now. Having said that, now that TFS is the official developer for the Cliffs of Dover series with access to the source code, I very much doubt they are going to share information with you about how to hack the game. Doing so would at the least jeopardize their agreement with 1C, and for what? So that you can have fun playing with licensed, copyrighted material?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Thanks for your query Dave. Kegetys SFS file extraction tool for 4.312 is not compatible with IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover BLITZ. But you already figured that out. TFS has no plans to publicly release a modified kegetys file for modders.
    Last edited by Salmo; Dec-18-2017 at 02:20.

4. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo View Post
    Thanks for your query Dave. Kegetys SFS file extraction tool for 4.312 is not compatible with IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover BLITZ. But you already figured that out. TFS has no plans to publicly release a modified kegetys file for modders.
    I hear what you are saying but ATAG and "Blitz" were built around modding and improvements.
    I am talking about maybe adding the ability to load your own screens and sounds?

SD_MBen.
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Just to be clear.
    TFS will improve CLOD and make the Add-On, but the rights are still 100% owned by 1C.
    1C also owns 1CGS which is a partnership of 1C and 777 Studios.
    1C also owns everything IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of X series.
    1C also owns everything IL-2: 1946.

TFS have no right to release anything like this. Not really matter that We want it or not.

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.