Thread: Mirror not working!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.74 MB

Mirror not working!

Hi
    when I turn my mirror on it becomes see through ..... THE FUNNY THING THOUGH it was working after install the after a day or so it became clear.

regards dragon9
    CPU Intel Core I7-6700k/4ghz/8mb/lga1151 MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z170x Gaming G1 COOLING Corsair H110i , H'P Liquid CPU Cooler GRAPHICS Gigabyte Gv-n1080xtreme-8gd-pp Gtx1080
    DRIVES Samsung 512gb 950 Pro(mz-v5p512bw) & Seagate 2tb Sata 3.5''sshd Hybrid RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeanc RED LED 4x8GB DDR4-3200 PSU Corsair Hx1000i,1000w 80pus Platinum Atx
    OP\SYS Ms Windows 10 Home 64bit Oem CASE Corsair Obsidian 750d Tower No Psu Blk

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Mirror not working!

The mirror isn't perfect. Sometimes its there - sometimes not. TFS are aware of the issue.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

I seem to remember that someone wrote that if you go into a quick mission after programm start (just shortly) and before going online, the mirror will be almost always there ...

... sorry, but such are those nasty intermittent failures in complex software which are never there when you hunt for them.

4. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Just an observation to add here :
    I've only been able to test offline so far. My initial flight is always fine but in subsequent flights the mirror is gone. For some reason this happens when I use Pseudo mode. In full window mode the mirror appears every time.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    I seem to remember that someone wrote that if you go into a quick mission after programm start (just shortly) and before going online, the mirror will be almost always there ...

... sorry, but such are those nasty intermittent failures in complex software which are never there when you hunt for them.
    Was a placebo (I think)- Colander confirmed (I think) - and I aint arguing with that dude! (I'm sure)_
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

7. Likes Artist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

As has been mentioned, if you want to avoid the chance of the mirror being missing, it is best to go into Quick mission prior to flying online.

Just start the mission, then exit and then fly Multiplayer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Turn off Transparency Multi sampling. Worked in the older version and has worked with this version, for me.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello,

Affirmative!
    I have changed Anti-aliasing method from Multisampling to Adaptive Multisampling in my graphic card profile settings for Blitz! and mirror is working!

Thanks to You Dauntless.

regards
    PS. Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 7800M Series
    Last edited by ATAG_Barn Swallow; Dec-28-2017 at 19:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I'm sad to say that is not

The issue with the mirror is random so you might not see it for a while just for it to suddenly appear (like the birds in the song).
    That damn random nature is exactly why the bug has not been squashed. When you are looking for it for hours, it just hides and, as soon as you start looking at anything else, it happens

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Before that multisampling change mirror was working random and that trick with single player was not working. At least on my machine this is permanent solution (few days already working fine).

I have two options for Anti-aliasing in graphic card profile for Blitz! game: 1) Anti-aliasing mode and 2) Anti-Aliasing Method. 1st one has still default setting "Use application settings". The change I did was in Anti-aliasing method from multisampling to adaptive multisampling (Anti-aliasing setting in game is still default: OFF).
    Last edited by ATAG_Barn Swallow; Dec-29-2017 at 06:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So, this had stopped being an intermittent problem for me, I hadn't seen a Brit mirror in over a week . . .
    Playing with graphics card transparency settings did nothing for me, but entering and exiting a Quick Mission before entering a server fixes the issue.
    Kind of a pain, and you must go into Quick Mission before a server, going in after you see the problem in a server did nothing for me.
    Just my input.
    334th_Mc_____
    "I'm a combat pilot, Will. I belong in the air" . . . . . President Thomas J. Whitmore

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Ah I thought it was a server setting to make things a bit harder. I’ll try the quick mission fix, maybe it helps being shot down out of the blue
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

maybe it helps being shot down out of the blue
    Thing is if you can see them in your mirror it's already too late!

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

16. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Thing is if you can see them in your mirror it's already too late!

o7

But anyway, the quick mission "fix"works.
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post

You have to go into a Single/Quick mission offline and fly a Hurricane or Spitfire, before entering a multiplayer server if you want to see the mirror in a Hurricane or Spitfire. 2020

19. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

As part of my pre-flight check, I always enter the default quick mission as soon as I load the CLoD program.

I check that the mirror is ON and painting a good aft picture. (This always prevents the NO-Mirror issue in my system.)

The following preflight checks are all logical steps that every pilot takes before engine startup.

I always run a few controller commands; throttle, pitch and roll and especially my USB rudder pedals which will occasionally fail to initialize at startup. (Simulates the flight control check)

Next, I issue a voice activated command to make sure that my optional VAC accessory is working. (Simulates ground radio clearances)

Finally I look to see the DISCORD players' names displayed as an overlay. (Simulates formation check-in)

Spending 15 seconds doing these before engine start checks has saved me many wasted minutes exiting the server and restarting the mission!
    Last edited by Baffin; Jun-12-2020 at 14:36.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I kinda like that it is there.

But:

I eave it off anyawy as it just gets in my field of view.

Now... If I actually had a harness on such that I could not lean forward in my chair... an if my head didn't happily go through a cool 180 degrees... maybe I'd have it on....

but....

I have a spinny headed no seat belt policy on my flight deck... right up until it gets banned !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

22. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I remember Collander telling us "the Mirror IS there", its just not necessarily where the mirror should be"