Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF Dynamic Campaign in IL-2 Blitz?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.92 MB

Re: TF Dynamic Campaign in IL-2 Blitz?

bb5000 and Migman those both sound great!

I look forward to trying them out.

Really appreciate the work.
    "Everything I had ever learned about air fighting taught me that the man who is aggressive, who pushes a fight, is the pilot who is successful in combat and who has the best opportunity for surviving battle and coming home."
    Robert S. Johnson - 56th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    81.47 MB

Been uploaded to ATAG Server

3. Likes trindade liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    885.77 MB

Uploaded the WIP of the TEF Dynamic Campaign with Beau support:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=159

5. Likes trindade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.08 MB

Thanks for sharing your efforts, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.08 MB

It is possible to use these campaigns in the same Blitz installation? Or I have to choose just one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by trindade View Post
    It is possible to use these campaigns in the same Blitz installation? Or I have to choose just one?
    Each campaign use different folders and create unique entry in GUI menu, so no reason for don't install all at same time.

Example, previously people use Migman Dynamic Campaign in 4.312 that already have Enlightened Florist Dynamic Campaign installed (as TF Dynamic Campaign).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Each campaign use different folders and create unique entry in GUI menu, so no reason for don't install all at same time.

Example, previously people use Migman Dynamic Campaign in 4.312 that already have Enlightened Florist Dynamic Campaign installed (as TF Dynamic Campaign).
    Great! Thanks for the clarification.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by migman View Post
    Been uploaded to ATAG Server
    Did a quick test last night, very funny mission but my fps were awful. Anyone with this problem? I guess I need to drop some video settings...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    34.67 MB

Thanks for uploading these, off to try !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by trindade View Post
    Did a quick test last night, very funny mission but my fps were awful. Anyone with this problem? I guess I need to drop some video settings...
    Problem is this DCG (besides scripts that consumes CPU cycles) had in their mission template more than 1500 static objects, some like this:

Static959 Stationary.Environment.FireBucket_UK1_full

That kind of object means nothing for gameplay - neither are visible unless at few meters, this is good for Larry59 "digital dioramas" style pictures.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

Much thanks for the tireless efforts of those in this community for taking their time and talents so that others can enjoy this steadily improving simulation. I had stuck with 32-bit Windows mostly for compatibility with some older games I still enjoy. When I noticed SSD price/GB recently, I got one and installed the 64-bit version specifically so I could run CloD Blitz edition and I have not been disappointed. I used to fly online practically every day and built IL-2 cooperative missions for the group I flew with, but that was years ago, so the mod that made Heinkill's excellent Redux campaign to run with Blitz was a big deal for me. Kudos to all that made it possible, from the coders to those posting links!

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

I'm having a slight problem with the Enlightened Florist campaign.
    I've installed as per directions and it shows up in the campaigns in the GUI, but when I click on it nothing happens.
    Am I missing something?
    Also slightly off topic but should single missions be installed in the 1c softclub/ my docs folder or in the main game directory?
    Cheers, Scream.
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Dec-31-2017 at 01:29.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
    I'm having a slight problem with the Enlightened Florist campaign.
    I've installed as per directions and it shows up in the campaigns in the GUI, but when I click on it nothing happens.
    Am I missing something?
    Have you unblock the custom DLL's used by this campain?

Located in:... \steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\TEFCampaign\

Right click over > properties > unblock.

Also slightly off topic but should single missions be installed in the 1c softclub/ my docs folder or in the main game directory?
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post298483
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-31-2017 at 09:44.

16. Likes Screamadelica, ATAG_Septic liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Thanks Sokol.
    You are the man!
    Happy New Years to all.
    Scream.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.40 MB

Smile Re: TF Dynamic Campaign in IL-2 Blitz?

Thanks a lot to make it available for Blitz

I am removing dust from IL2 COD now

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.36 GB

Quote Originally Posted by bb5000 View Post
    Maybe it's not that big a problem, I've just generated a TF SP Campaign and flew 1 mission. If you kept 4.312 on your disk , simply copy the

<drive>:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\TEFCampaign folder to the

<drive>:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts folder

The campaign should show up in the Single Player menu.
    OK. I did this exactly as stated, but when I launch Blitz, select single player, I do not have it listed as an option. Is there something more I need to do as well? I've tried to also add it in my docs folder under mission as it shows in 4.312 and still nothing. even removed the TEFCampaign folder from IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts folder and left the file in the docs alone. Yet nothing. blew the dust off the game and played 4.312 TEF Campaign for a couple weeks before realizing that ver 4.5 was out at steam and free if I already had the older game version. Really wanting to get back on my TEF Campaign missions.

any thoughts?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    885.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Riken View Post
    OK. I did this exactly as stated, but when I launch Blitz, select single player, I do not have it listed as an option. Is there something more I need to do as well? I've tried to also add it in my docs folder under mission as it shows in 4.312 and still nothing. even removed the TEFCampaign folder from IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts folder and left the file in the docs alone. Yet nothing. blew the dust off the game and played 4.312 TEF Campaign for a couple weeks before realizing that ver 4.5 was out at steam and free if I already had the older game version. Really wanting to get back on my TEF Campaign missions.

any thoughts?
    Did you also copy TEFCampaign.XML ? It's in the ADDINS folder..forgot to mention that one.

21. Likes Leo50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Did you also copy TEFCampaign.XML ?
    From this folder

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\AddIns\

For this:

...\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\AddIns\

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.36 GB

Yep. That did the trick. Even still have my saved games from it too when I added TEF into my docs. Thanks a bunch 1lokos. This should be a sticky topic for all off-line players.

Edited, after a couple missions, the count of missions and kills went away and I started back at zero missions and kills. I can deal with that.
    Last edited by Riken; Jan-05-2018 at 12:13.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

The TF campaign for 4.3 let the player choose which side to fly for, but the Blitz-modded version seems to make the choice for you. I may be overlooking something, but the same thing for Quick Missions. I can't figure out how to choose which side (blue or red).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by I_B_Spectre View Post
    I may be overlooking something, but the same thing for Quick Missions. I can't figure out how to choose which side (blue or red).
    Don't know about Dynamic Campaign options, but in Quick Missions you can change side if the mission allow, e.g. QM Bf 109 intercepting Blenheim, you can fly in one or another.

But if the mission don't has this option you can change plane, but not side, if select a Bf 109 for replace a Hurricane will fly in a RAF Bf 109.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-07-2018 at 14:53.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

Thanks, 1lokos, I see it now in the Campaign. Selecting the Operation Seelowe option on the campaign screen sets it to the Luftwaffe perspective while leaving it to the default gets you the RAF side. Operation Seelowe was, in effect, grayed-out and I didn't realize it was selectable. The TF campaign in 4.3 had separate buttons for choosing red or blue. I appreciate your help.

So far, I'm impressed with 4.5 and the improvements it brings. Other than having to buy a drive and install the 64-bit version of my OS to run it, I've had no problems with launching the game or playing it. TF is to be commended for their tireless work for the CloD community and for those helpful folks such as yourself. It will be interesting to see what 5.0 brings to the table besides expanded maps and flyable aircraft. I'm hoping the AI, both friend and foe, will be improved. It would be nice to get a landing request approved for a change instead of "denied". I like the new gun sounds and the way g-induced blackouts are depicted, but getting visuals on other aircraft is much more difficult for me unless they are very near. I find this particularly true over the water. Keep up the good work, guys.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    101.32 MB

Thanks so much for this!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    235.50 MB

Great!, i gotta try these. Thanks!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    137.23 MB

Thanks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My apologies to the community. It's been a very long time since I've had anything to do with a flight sim other than Condor.

It seems Google has shut down Google Code, meaning the source code is difficult or impossible to obtain. Looks like Airwarfare is gone, too. I've attached a zip file containing the campaign and its source code.

The campaign is licensed under GPLv3. I'm not an expert in open source licenses, but from what I understand, it allows you to modify and distribute the code and accompanying files to your hearts content so long as any modifications made are in turn released publicly. That was my intention, anyway. There should be no need for permission from me to include the campaign in other projects. If I have done something incorrectly, please let me know and I will do what I can to correct that. My email address is simply my user name @gmail.com.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    885.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedFlorist View Post
    My apologies to the community. It's been a very long time since I've had anything to do with a flight sim other than Condor.

It seems Google has shut down Google Code, meaning the source code is difficult or impossible to obtain. Looks like Airwarfare is gone, too. I've attached a zip file containing the campaign and its source code.

The campaign is licensed under GPLv3. I'm not an expert in open source licenses, but from what I understand, it allows you to modify and distribute the code and accompanying files to your hearts content so long as any modifications made are in turn released publicly. That was my intention, anyway. There should be no need for permission from me to include the campaign in other projects. If I have done something incorrectly, please let me know and I will do what I can to correct that. My email address is simply my user name @gmail.com.

There are only a few pioneers that have contributed to making offline play more interesting, so thank you !

32. Likes SD_MBen, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by bb5000 View Post
    There are only a few pioneers that have contributed to making offline play more interesting, so thank you !
    +1

Thank you for all your efforts TheEnlightenedFlorist.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    261.84 MB

Very Cool! Thanks for the effort!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    77.40 MB

Thank you to all who have contributed to the Campaigns in CLOD/Blitz!

36. Likes SD_MBen, danperin liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast