Thread: Blitz is listed in my Steam Library, will not install

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

Blitz is listed in my Steam Library, will not install

After reading the news, went to Steam and it appeared to load CoD Blitz into my library. However, when I right-click on it and select install, I get the following message:

Steam - Error
    An error occurred while updating IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz (invalid platform)

I have been running CoD with the Team Fusion Mod on my 32-bit Win7 installation for the last two years. Was Blitz intended only for 64-bit operating systems?

I noticed the Blitz properties/updates tab under the Steam Cloud section is unchecked for Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz and it is grayed-out (unselectable). IIRC, that box was unchecked on my original CoD folder to prevent Steam from detecting the TF Mod and attempting to restore the original version.

I don't want to go on an experimentation binge and risk messing it up, so I thought I'd ask beforehand. Any help is most appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Re: Blitz is listed in my Steam Library, will not install

Yes Blitz is for 64bit only!
    Time to upgrade

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    142.12 MB

Re: Blitz is listed in my Steam Library, will not install

Was doing some forum reading while awaiting a response and feared as much. No doubt I pay a penalty for staying with 32-bit, but backward compatibility with some older games I enjoy drove the decision. Too bad, guess I'm SOL from here on out. Maybe I can still play 4.3.12. At least it doesn't require Win10 and its dreadful imposition of hardware and software. Thanks anyway.

I may get an SSD and dual boot Win7 for 32 and 64 bit operation to preserve compatibility with my older games. Somewhere along the line I must've missed the 64-bit-only requirement. In fact, a search of system requirements for Team Fusion v4.5 update on Steam is still has posts stating both 32 and 64 bit versions will be available, but that was back in October and intentions could have changed. My wife will be happy now that I can give her a Christmas gift idea that I can use.
    Last edited by I_B_Spectre; Dec-18-2017 at 10:22.