Thread: Nvidia Control Panel Settings...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Nvidia Control Panel Settings...

Nvidia Control Panel Settings / Ingame Video Settings

These settings are Spiritis_Mortem settings for the Nvidia Control panel and Video option ingame.

They can be seen as a go to before you make your own experimentation with your own specific rig...Any successful changes you make will be appreciated via posts on this thread and please make sure to include your system spec.

1) Nvidia Control Panel Settings

These settings are for the 'Global' section in your Nvidia Control panel. You can make these settings specifically for your game by selecting the 'Program Settings' option and choosing the specific game and then making the changes the same as below.

2) Ingame 'Video' Settings

We appreciate any feedback for information you find out from your own experimentation with this game.

You can access the ATAG forums for community and further information here:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/

Thanks to Spiritis_Mortem...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Re: Nvidia Control Panel Settings...

Thanks for posting these Lew.
    Team Fusion has certainly done a great job with 4.5.

The settings I use are almost identical, with two exceptions.
    Negative LOD Bias - I have this set to "Clamp". This was recommended for use with Anisotropic Filtering enabled. This has always been a bit of a mystery feature to me, if anyone can explain why it should be set to "Allow", please correct me.
    The second is the AA settings.
    Could someone from TF maybe clarify the situation with in game AA.
    I read in another thread that trying to enable any standard AA through the Nvidia Control Panel is not working. FXAA is working and possibly MFAA. These seem to be the only two options via the NVCP.
    Is it still a case of the in game AA basically operating as an on/off feature, select any setting to enable it, higher settings making no difference?
    Cheers, Scream.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

4. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I had been using these too until last night

I was getting some pretty bad lag on my Track IR (which didnt affect FPS on the counter but was noticable blurry when moving my head)

last night i reintsalled everything again anbd forgot to update my Nvidia settings beyond setting fast sync and "prefer maximum preformance" globally...

Track IR lag gone. (YEY !!) FPS still great. (Double YEY!!)

Might just be my system... but I have actually found that running the stock nvidia settings (with fast sync and prefer max performance) to be very good indeed.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

6. Likes farley, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I notice the screen shots show global settings. Shouldn't they be specific settings for Launcher64.exe?
    Seas, nice observation. I may go back and try defaults, plus high performance and fast sync. I have been getting pretty decent fps though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.92 MB

I assume the in game screenshots of the options are from the old version of CLoD right?

Because those options are different for me in the Blitz Edition. Sorry for my confusion but just wanted to make sure I don't have something wrong with my install.

Also I have been playing around with my settings since Blitz released and I can tell you that for me Anisotropic Filtering was causing alot of the shimmering I was seeing. I disabled it and that was solved at least.
    "Everything I had ever learned about air fighting taught me that the man who is aggressive, who pushes a fight, is the pilot who is successful in combat and who has the best opportunity for surviving battle and coming home."
    Robert S. Johnson - 56th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Screamadelica View Post
    Thanks for posting these Lew.
    Team Fusion has certainly done a great job with 4.5.

The settings I use are almost identical, with two exceptions.
    Negative LOD Bias - I have this set to "Clamp". This was recommended for use with Anisotropic Filtering enabled. This has always been a bit of a mystery feature to me, if anyone can explain why it should be set to "Allow", please correct me.
    The second is the AA settings.
    Could someone from TF maybe clarify the situation with in game AA.
    I read in another thread that trying to enable any standard AA through the Nvidia Control Panel is not working. FXAA is working and possibly MFAA. These seem to be the only two options via the NVCP.
    Is it still a case of the in game AA basically operating as an on/off feature, select any setting to enable it, higher settings making no difference?
    Cheers, Scream.
    Negative LOD Bias Clamp
    Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later. ...from NVIDIA Driver Release notes.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

10. Likes Screamadelica liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

The nice thing now about using Steam to Verify the Integrity of Your Folder is that it verifies that it is truly TFS version 4.5. No longer does it put you back to Clod vanilla (ie pre-Team Fusion version), then make you have to update from there — which took a lot of time.

It’s wise to first copy and save all your .ini files first in your 1C Softclub IL2-Sturmovik folder first (paste ‘em into a different, easy-to-find location). After your Clod game has been “verified”, you can then paste these saved .ini files back in their original location. This’ll save you from having to redo all your video settings, joystick mappings, ammo belt loads, etc etc.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

12. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

There is no AA in cliffs!

I have been saying this for many years but these suggestions keep coming back. There is only FXAA, which you can enable in game or in NV CP but there's no point in doing both it will just double the load for no benefit.

I would caution against changing default settings in NVCP, just use the Launcher64 program settings.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

14. Likes BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Thanks for posting, Lew.

It's good that someone is going over this stuff even if a lot of us won't use it. I'm sure many just leave things set to default in NVCP, without ever getting any benefit from using it. I've never touched my NVCP settings other than for dual display and everything seems to be working fine so I think 'Seas to be making a valid point about defaults. However, it is useful to know this stuff and keep one's options open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post

I have been saying this for many years but these suggestions keep coming back. There is only FXAA, which you can enable in game or in NV CP but there's no point in doing both it will just double the load for no benefit.

I would caution against changing default settings in NVCP, just use the Launcher64 program settings.

Septic.
    Thanks for this Septic. Would you recommend that anything that starts with AA in the NVCP be turned off?
    Or is it just that it won't help?
    If having it on just adds more stress to the system, then I will turn it off.

thanks for your help with this!
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Thanks for this Septic. Would you recommend that anything that starts with AA in the NVCP be turned off?
    Or is it just that it won't help?
    If having it on just adds more stress to the system, then I will turn it off.

thanks for your help with this!
    It's so long ago that I properly tested all this I can't be certain turning all this on adds any load or not but it certainly doesn't add any AA so I'd turn it all off old chap. You can use FXAA via NVCP or in game. To turn on FXAA in game any setting other than 0 turns FXAA on.

People report different results on using Anisotropic filtering. Again, from my alcohol degraded memory based on pre 4.5, it is likely to improve the look of models and in cockpit but may make the landscape shimmer.

Other than DSR, perhaps power management and your choice of Vsync I don't see any value or improvement in changing from default.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

18. Likes farley, BOO, Baffin liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    528.14 MB

Hello,

I have Lenovo Z500
    - i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
    - 8GB of RAM
    - nVidia 645M

I set resolution to 1366x768, everything to low and I see like no difference in FPS between medium / high settings - it looks like 1-2 FPS currently.

Is there any recommendation for me, beyond new hardware?

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post

Septic.
    Here you go mate

untitled.png

Lew - honestly mate there are so many things in the NCP settings posted that either don't have any effect or may even have a negative effect its not helping anyone. I know they have been popular in testing but they are going to hinder as many players as they help especially in busy environments. Moreover they are going to lead players up garden paths they don't need to go. Wasting time and further adding to confusion as yet another set of "recommended settings" hits the forums.

I know me banging on about it is starting to bug the crap out of people here and in TFS but wrong is wrong. And trusted personalities on here advising (in good faith) people to make non effective or even counter productive changes to their settings even in the face of all evidence presented to the contrary is wrong also. The less tpeople need to worry about messing with stuff the more they can concentrate on the things that do make an impact.

Anyhow - instead of starting some weird geek flame war - why don't we use this as an opportunity to bottom exactly what works and what doesn't.

Then we can present it not as "hey try this - don't know what the hell I did but it worked for me" but as a concise guide to what does what, how it impacts the game and how adjusting parameters affect it. That way players can make an informed decision about settings based on their specs and expectations of the game.

Seems to me Baffin, Septic, Thee and me are the chief protagonists but obviously anyone else is free to join if they have something positive to add (and can perhaps explain why)

Cheers

BOO

Just a thought.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Well I'd add my two cents worth, but in terms of my opinions here, I'm just

untitled.png

because I have nothing of value to add..... So I'll just wait for the consensus and follow that

So bloody hell, hurry up and consense already.....
    Last edited by farley; Dec-19-2017 at 15:49.

22. Likes BOO liked this post
    Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking

"It'll need a beast of a rig to run those settings at that resolution !"

Good point Boo. The game needs to run well on most systems.

The boys with monster rigs can set pretty much what they want.

My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz - used
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB - used
    8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 ram - new
    Samsung 250gb 850 EVO ssd - new
    EVGA 500 B power supply - new
    Thrustmaster T16000m stick - new
    EDTracker - used / DELAN CLIP PS3 CAMERA - new
    CH Gameport Pro Pedals - used

24. Likes ATAG_Septic, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

So - for the hell of it. Here is what ive research and tested about the NCP settings. My opinions but all backed up with in game tests. Debate with evidence welcomed

Blue - works
    Orange - works but isn't so important
    Red - leave it alone

Ambient Occlusion - not supported in game.

Ansiotropic Filtering - Works - can help to remove shimmers and improve overall quality but can also make shimmers worse (go figure). Lightish GPU load but can affect some systems adversely. Use if you can and see if the changes it makes suit. Setting is also affected by "Texture Filering - Ansiotropic Sample optismisation" (See below) - WORTH SOME TIME INVESTED

Anti aliasing - FXAA - works but can reduce spotting. Is similar to in game AA (which is probably MSAA), - use one or the other. In game AA is more pronounced. WORTH EXPERIMENTING WITH

Anti Aliasing Gamma Correction - I really don't know! No impact on performance. Is supposed to affect MSAA (some say FXAA too)- TRY ESPECIALLY IF USING IN GAME AA BUT DONT BREAK YOUR HEART OVER IT - may (just may) blur out some fuzzie but the overall effect isn't worth more than a minute of your time.

Anti aliasing Mode - Does not affect Clod. Leave

Anti Aliasing Setting - Does not affect Clod - Leave

Anti-aliasing transparency - Super sampling - Works. Settings over X4 may adversely affect image. Overall effect in Clod is small. May reduce distance shimmer but Downsampling or DSR is more effective if your system can cope. - WORTH EXPERIMENTING BUT NOT OBSESSING OVER

CUDA GPUs - Irrelevant to Clod - leave

Maximum Pre-rendered frames - Works - Application setting is unknown - lower settings (1 -2) may improve input lag but increase the risk of stutter, higher settings may smooth out the frame rate to reduce stutter but introduce latency - most likely felt in head tracking movements - 4 is about the max before you enter pukeville - the effect can be offset by reducing the "smoothness" setting in some headtraking software. WORTH A GOOD EXPERIMENT.

Multi Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) - Clod is not supported - Leave

Open GL rendering GPU - Clod is D3D - Leave

Power Management Mode - Prefer Max Performance - nothing else.

Shader cache - Set to On

Texture Filtering - Ansiotropic Sample Optimisation - Works - When used with Ansiotropic filtering this can reduce the load on the GPU but can also reintroduce shimmer - EXPERIMENT IF USING ANSIOTROPIC FILTERING ONCE - BEST LEFT OFF IF YOU CAN BUT MAY GAIN YOU AN EXTRA NOTCH IF YOU CANT

Negative LOD Bias - NO longer functioning - leave

Texture Filtering - Works - Setting to High seems to be the best compromise for Clod - if you can run it higher do so - lower setting may not gain you much on newer GPUs (700 plus)

Ti-linear Optimisation- works. This is automatically turned off if you set Texture Filtering to High Quality. On lower setting you have the option to switch it on or off.. Basically reduces some texture quality WORTH ONE TIME TEST IF YOU ARE REALLY ON THE EDGE BUT SHOULD HAVE LITTLE OR NO IMPACT ON NEWER GPUS

Threaded Optimisation - Leave on Auto

Triple Buffering - Nvidia Driver supports open GL only - not supported by Nvidia in D3D - Leave

Vsync - see post #16 here - https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27309
    Last edited by BOO; Dec-19-2017 at 18:35.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    why don't we use this as an opportunity to bottom exactly what works and what doesn't.

Then we can present it not as "hey try this - don't know what the hell I did but it worked for me" but as a concise guide to what does what, how it impacts the game and how adjusting parameters affect it. That way players can make an informed decision about settings based on their specs and expectations of the game.
    Great suggestion BOO.
    This is what I have been trying to sort out, as there seems to be so much conflicting advice.
    An official settings guide would be very helpful and make things a lot easier.
    I'll give your settings a try. Thanks for these tips.
    Cheers, Scream.

Thanks for the info Baffin, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Dec-21-2017 at 03:44.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

The Bono in me would like to produce something that would take a new player from an unset virgin game through to a full set up.

I'm very apprehensive about saying "put this exact combination in" because everybody has different rigs and different tastes and tolerances. For instance a single judder will have me quitting the game whilst others are happy to fly with a few barely noticeable jitters now and then because 95% or their flight is glorious.

Something that covers not only the NCP settings but also the ingame settings (what they do and to what), and also more advanced tweaks using Inspector and Reshade as well as using the games SP missions to help set up is kinda what I had in mind.

The (admittedly small) part of me without the ego tho just worries ill get sommat wrong, so whilst I'm happy to do the reading and testing , if that is something people think would be useful, it would be nice to have whatever I posted here checked over by anyone with an interest (even if its just one aspect of the post - testing and comparing is really, REALLY boring I know)

Then maybe gather it all together in a PDF and give it to Snapper to decide what to do with it.
    Last edited by BOO; Dec-20-2017 at 17:22.

28. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

The "Horse's mouth" description of features can be found in the Nvidia Control panel under the "Manage 3D Settings" menu. There are a few pitfalls in this menu, however:

Leave the "Global Settings" page alone unless you know that you want to universally apply a modification to the driver.

Select the "Program Settings" page.

Under "1. Select a program to customize:" page, DO NOT SIMPLY ACCEPT THE FIRST "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (... " THAT YOU SEE. (There are TWO of them!). Click on the little "˅" to open the programs list and select "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (launcher64.exe)". It's easy to carelessly select the executable file for the old version of CLoD. Be sure you are working with the 64 bit version! (launcher64.exe)

Next, expand the window so that you can read the "Description:" and "Typical usage scenarios:" annotations at the bottom. These are controlled by the position of the mouse cursor, not the selected or highlighted setting. Avoid selecting a setting and reading the wrong notation because of careless mousing.

The description and typical usage scenarios will provide you with very general explanations of all these settings but is by no means exhaustive or absolutely current. A good example is "Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias". The typical usage scenario explains the "Clamp" setting as if it was a current feature. A careful perusal of the "388.59-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf" file that we all religiously download and memorize with each new driver, has relegated the "Clamp" setting to the NVIDIA scrap heap for the last couple of years. Beware!

A fun and effective way to TEST Anisotropic filtering on your system is to somehow position your airplane close to a brick building. Brickwork has lots of detail so as you change AF settings, you can judge the impact on your virtual world. The fun part comes in getting close to a brick building without becoming part of it! I like to land north of the railway yard that's just south of the Thames river near Westminster. There's lots of buildings off to the north. Good luck!

A Note on Driver Upgrades: The "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (launcher64.exe)" program does not appear in the programs list until I have run the program a few times. A universal loader, "launcher.exe", has shown up right after upgrade, but modifying it does no good because after "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (launcher64.exe)" finally shows up, you have to put all the changes in again. Exporting user profiles just hasn't worked for me.

Finally, the "Nvidia Profile Inspector", part of the "Nvidia Inspector" freeware download, provides access to more Driver mods than does the Nvidia Control Panel, but does not include these descriptive notes. Changes made using this utility will show up in the NCP.

Here endeth the lesson...
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-21-2017 at 11:16.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

30. Likes QB.Creep, BOO, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Thank you for this Baffin! Have you found any settings via the Nvidia Profile Inspector that are worth tweaking for CLOD?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Creep View Post
    Thank you for this Baffin! Have you found any settings via the Nvidia Profile Inspector that are worth tweaking for CLOD?
    Certainly! I recommend you try whatever you feel like. There is an option in NCP to simply revert back to the basic driver if you feel you've messed things up. I do not recommend using someone else's "Best" settings. It's mindless and may even make things worse on "your" computer. Make a hobby of it... become your own "expert"!

33. Likes BOO, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Thanks for your input Baffin.
    Lots of good information in this thread.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    So - for the hell of it. Here is what ive research and tested about the NCP settings. My opinions but all backed up with in game tests. Debate with evidence welcomed

Blue - works
    Orange - works but isn't so important
    Red - leave it alone

Ambient Occlusion - not supported in game.

Ansiotropic Filtering - Works - can help to remove shimmers and improve overall quality but can also make shimmers worse (go figure). Lightish GPU load but can affect some systems adversely. Use if you can and see if the changes it makes suit. Setting is also affected by "Texture Filering - Ansiotropic Sample optismisation" (See below) - WORTH SOME TIME INVESTED

Anti aliasing - FXAA - works but can reduce spotting. Is similar to in game AA (which is probably MSAA), - use one or the other. In game AA is more pronounced. WORTH EXPERIMENTING WITH

Anti Aliasing Gamma Correction - I really don't know! No impact on performance. Is supposed to affect MSAA (some say FXAA too)- TRY ESPECIALLY IF USING IN GAME AA BUT DONT BREAK YOUR HEART OVER IT - may (just may) blur out some fuzzie but the overall effect isn't worth more than a minute of your time.

Anti aliasing Mode - Does not affect Clod. Leave

Anti Aliasing Setting - Does not affect Clod - Leave

Anti-aliasing transparency - Super sampling - Works. Settings over X4 may adversely affect image. Overall effect in Clod is small. May reduce distance shimmer but Downsampling or DSR is more effective if your system can cope. - WORTH EXPERIMENTING BUT NOT OBSESSING OVER

CUDA GPUs - Irrelevant to Clod - leave

Maximum Pre-rendered frames - Works - Application setting is unknown - lower settings (1 -2) may improve input lag but increase the risk of stutter, higher settings may smooth out the frame rate to reduce stutter but introduce latency - most likely felt in head tracking movements - 4 is about the max before you enter pukeville - the effect can be offset by reducing the "smoothness" setting in some headtraking software. WORTH A GOOD EXPERIMENT.

Multi Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) - Clod is not supported - Leave

Open GL rendering GPU - Clod is D3D - Leave

Power Management Mode - Prefer Max Performance - nothing else.

Shader cache - Set to On

Texture Filtering - Ansiotropic Sample Optimisation - Works - When used with Ansiotropic filtering this can reduce the load on the GPU but can also reintroduce shimmer - EXPERIMENT IF USING ANSIOTROPIC FILTERING ONCE - BEST LEFT OFF IF YOU CAN BUT MAY GAIN YOU AN EXTRA NOTCH IF YOU CANT

Negative LOD Bias - NO longer functioning - leave

Texture Filtering - Works - Setting to High seems to be the best compromise for Clod - if you can run it higher do so - lower setting may not gain you much on newer GPUs (700 plus)

Ti-linear Optimisation- works. This is automatically turned off if you set Texture Filtering to High Quality. On lower setting you have the option to switch it on or off.. Basically reduces some texture quality WORTH ONE TIME TEST IF YOU ARE REALLY ON THE EDGE BUT SHOULD HAVE LITTLE OR NO IMPACT ON NEWER GPUS

Threaded Optimisation - Leave on Auto

Triple Buffering - Nvidia Driver supports open GL only - not supported by Nvidia in D3D - Leave

Vsync - see post #16 here - https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27309

Salute Everybody,

I've just checked out this Nvidia settings and works pretty well in my computer ( i5 core, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia 1060 6 GB). I checked first as original ( Post Mortem's): Anti-Aliasing FXAA ENABLED. I got and stable 118 FPS, but spots were very small.

Same settings but FXAA DISABLED: Depending on the light of the map: from 50 to 123 FPS, but spotting is betteer. It's up to you.

36. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Thanks Boo and Baffin, really clears up a lot of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Here you can find also information about how the DSR ( acronym of Dynamic Super Resolution ) works: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/tec...dsr/technology

Said in brief...use it only if you have a monitor that does not have a native resolution of 4K or superior.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Boo's settings are working very well with my system.
    Dover has never looked better!
    A great guide. Thanks to Boo and Baffin.
    S! Scream.

40. Likes ATAG_Snapper, BOO liked this post