Thread: Bf 109 E in Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bf 109 E in Blitz

I have been flying in IL-2 BoX for a little bit... not the most experience but some. That being said I am baffled, I cannot get my Bf-109 to take off. I have missed something in throttle settings or key binding the brakes?(or something else altogether?) When I move the throttle back and forth on my joy stick the virtual throttle in the cockpit moves but the rpm's seem inadequate. The plane just rotates to the right doing very slow circles... Now I don't think I am missing anything in the start up procedure but it is entirely possible. What might account for the craft just sitting and rotating?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

smalllines

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

Re: Bf 109 E in Blitz

Your Prop pitch goes to zero when you spawn in,, you need manually raise it to the 12 '0' clock position and then adjust to suite
    Target 4 'o' clock low

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Just to add to what red said -

This applies to the non auto prop E1 and E3. The E4 has Auto prop which should hold full fine until you are up in the air and then start to adjust as your speed increases. Auto prop isn't perfect though so you may not want to rely on it all the time or it may cause your engine temps to rise dangerously in certain situations.

I cant remember if the Auto prop is now fixed or if it still winds down as you power up. If it does, then you need to knock it out of auto when you spawn in, and catch the dropping pitch by hitting the key you bound to increasing(?) the pitch. This will stop the pitch from falling any further. Then either wind it back up to 12.00 for take off and keep it in manual or wind it back up to 11.30 and reengage the Auto.

As I say, the auto prop bug may have been fixed but I cant check and cant remember.
    Last edited by BOO; Dec-20-2017 at 16:53.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    Your Prop pitch goes to zero when you spawn in,, you need manually raise it to the 12 '0' clock position and then adjust to suite
    Thanks... that is a variable I thought I allowed for but it is entirely possible Have done something wrong in that respect. I will recheck my key bindings... I did notice if I tried to adjust the pitch in the virtual cockpit it snapped back to where it was...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Just to add to what red said -

This applies to the non auto prop E1 and E3. The E4 has Auto prop which should hold full fine until you are up in the air and then start to adjust as your speed increases. Auto prop isn't perfect though so you may not want to rely on it all the time or it may cause your engine temps to rise dangerously in certain situations.

I cant remember if the Auto prop is now fixed or if it still winds down as you power up. If it does, then you need to knock it out of auto when you spawn in, and catch the dropping pitch by hitting the key you bound to increasing(?) the pitch. This will stop the pitch from falling any further. Then either wind it back up to 12.00 for take off and keep it in manual or wind it back up to 11.30 and reengage the Auto.

As I say, the auto prop bug may have been fixed but I cant check and cant remember.
    Thanks... I have been an E-1 so this information is helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by smalllines View Post
    I will recheck my key bindings... I did notice if I tried to adjust the pitch in the virtual cockpit it snapped back to where it was...
    And, if in keybinds, you set for example:

+ Increase Prop Pitch
    - Decrease Prop Pitch

In game for Bf 109, 110, Ju 88 they will work inverted. "It's CloD!!

So in controls assignment assign the keys inverted:

- Increase Prop Pitch
    + Decrease Prop Pitch

If you plan fly in British planes too use SAVE AS button and save the above inverted settings as German planes.

After make another without that inversion and SAVE AS British Planes.

You can change between this settings - including in flight by press ESC and go to controls and use LOAD button.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-20-2017 at 17:31.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    And, if in keybinds, you set for example:

+ Increase Prop Pitch
    - Decrease Prop Pitch

In game for Bf 109, 110, Ju 88 they will work inverted. "It's CloD!!

So in controls assignment assign the keys inverted:

- Increase Prop Pitch
    + Decrease Prop Pitch

If you plan fly in British planes too use SAVE AS button and save the above inverted settings as German planes.

After make another without that inversion and SAVE AS British Planes.

You can change between this settings - including in flight by press ESC and go to controls and use LOAD button.
    Thanks for the information...I managed to get in the air yesterday! prop pitch was the key...I may have entered the key bindings with out saving the first time around.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

It's a good idea to have "toggle auto prop pitch" mapped even if you're flying the E4. It actually works better to use manual pitch for takeoffs and landings, even if you use auto the rest of the time.