Thread: Current map rotation

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Current map rotation

We currently have six maps in the cycle. That means six times 4 hrs = 24 hrs. So we are likely to have the same map running at the same time of day. I am very aware of this. ATAG is currently working on more maps.

We dont use the randomizer for quite some months now (because of the constant complaints of our guests)

And if I would remove all maps people complain through private massages to me, we would have no maps at all. If you dislike a map, just don't fly it or try to find a different approach to it. Maybe fly planes that you usually don't use.

But please don't forget that our service is for free. There are only a very few map makers out there. You need to respect their work and how they've decided to design the map and what planes are available. You may always open the FMB by yourself and create a map that you think is better than what we have. But pls stop pm'ing me about maps you dislike.

If I get access to server#2 again, I might consider to have an alternative mapcycle running there. But thats something ATAG has to decide internally.

For the time being I invite you to visit our server as often as you like and be our guests. I hope you enjoy our free service and pls recommend us to your friends.

Last edited by PanTast; Dec-25-2017 at 10:57.
    John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Re: Current map rotation

Dynamo is now in the cycle!!!

Trying to convert Relinquish failed at the first attempt. I guess this map is special. So I did Dynamo. The brits got all the new stuff. But because the E-4 is not in the original map, the germans only got two new 110's

Enjoy
    John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    Dynamo is now in the cycle!!!

Trying to convert Relinquish failed at the first attempt. I guess this map is special. So I did Dynamo. The brits got all the new stuff. But because the E-4 is not in the original map, the germans only got two new 110's

Enjoy
    When you say 'all' is that Beaus too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Yes

5. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_PanTast View Post
    Yes

I'd suggest they were potentially out of timescale. Good job with the updating of old maps, don't envy anyone using the editor myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Good job Pan...Thanks for the work buddy...

Those Beaus will certainly add something extra to maps for folk...

and for folk flying Luftwaffe....don't forget that the Beau maybe a new toy for the allied side...but they are a sitter once you get behind one...So its not all rosey for the reds!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

8. Likes PanTast, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

In addition to the beau being before its time, it would be a great opportunity to get rid of the "riding with stabiliser" Spit 1as and replace them with Spit 1-100octs.

If the argument is against providing solely historically accurate timeframe types then please introduce the E4.

We hopefully have many new players coming and having once side keeping the workload whilst the other gets even greater set and forget (and out of timeframe ) fire power isn't fair.

Hurri bombers flying out of Oly will quickly turn maps too.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

10. Likes 9./JG52 Sturm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Hurri bombers flying out of Oly will quickly turn maps too.

Depends if the new 110s Pantast talks about are fighter-bombers... pleasepleasepleaseplease let them be...

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

12. Likes ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

Bf-110C-4B
    Bf-110C-6

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.50 MB

We have two new maps in the cycle:

* Operation Steamworks
    * The War

The War is a brand new creation of Freya - yes THE famous ATAG_Freya did it again.

I hope they run nicely and you all have lots of fun. If not: blame Freya

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Haha Pan!

This one is plain, plane...whatever...
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...943#post297943

Also please give feedback on OPSW as it maay be tree'd up too much on the LZ's now. We'll see who the brave and daring really are..

Anything else buggered? Lemme know, yes I'll take the blame and fix it

~S~

16. Likes BOO liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

All hail the mission builders!

(Hail)
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    All hail the mission builders!

(Hail)

"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Just flew two lengthy missions in The War map flying a Beaufighter. Lots of action everywhere it seemed. I flew multiple strafing attacks using Ezzie's tips and survived. Despite tons of flak and various aircraft flying about, lag and warping were minimal for me. There was a bit of warping on a close-in attack on a He111 on the deck with flak all around and a 109 hacking away at me from behind. However....the 111 crashed, the 109 got lots of hits but I managed to lose him and make it home to Littlestone.

Taking a tip from Ezzie, I kept my speed at 305 mph, flew nape-of-the-earth, limited my airfield strafes to ONE PASS ONLY....then hightailed outta there at 300+ mph at treetop level, changing course towards the next airfield to be attacked. Lots of missed strafing opportunities when spotting other aircraft on the field, but a return trip would mean almost certain death from flak and avenging 109's and 110's. Exciting stuff!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

20. Likes ATAG_Freya, PanTast, ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Snapper - glad to see these worked well for the beau. Happy airfield attacking...

Ezzie

22. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post