Thread: DIY Tracker + Opentrack issues maybe

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

DIY Tracker + Opentrack issues maybe

Hello all, [firs post- don t bash]

I use the 3-led clip with PS3 eye and Opentrack, also only used this setup with Warthunder.
    1. Is it possible to have zoom (fov change) when leaning into screen?
    2. Moving around the cockpit is "jumpy" there are some certain spots were it jumps to what is looks like a predetermined position, is this normal?
    3. Yaw - leaning head against the side sometimes does notwork.

Also if you have similar setup any advice is greatly appreciated.
    A good day.

PS: Posted this in Lounge also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

Re: DIY Tracker + Opentrack issues maybe

Hi Kitzrat

OpenTrack is a great piece of OpenSource software. There are quite a few folks using it in CLOD including EDTracker folks.
    Here is my suggestions.

1. Measure your 3 LED setup and enter the info before calibration (leave your curves as is for now)
    2. On the PS3 Eye, There are two viewing mode(I think) narrow and wide angle viewing. (Grn/Red)
    3. Once calibration is completed(Yaw and Pitch only). Adjust the curves to your liking.
    a)Make sure the middle LED didn't get blocked out when turning left, if mounted left or vice versa.

As for your concern(s)

Check your curves and make sure only 3 dots are visible within the OpenTrack screen.

Yes, But every limited. You need key binding for extra zooming.
    I can only lean side and forward to align with the crosshair in Bf109.
    There is a key for leaning toward the crosshair in the Bf109 but with a slight delay.

2. Moving around the cockpit is "jumpy" there are some certain spots were it jumps to what is looks like a predetermined position, is this normal?
    2a, Make your PS3 Eye only receiving 3 dots. Check your background/six lighting.
    2b, What is your PFS and resolution within the PS3? I am getting 30min FPS and above.

3. Yaw - leaning head against the side sometimes does not work"

I have no problem with either the Bf109 or Spitfire,
    However, for checking your six and leaning left (let say checking 5 o'clock) This is only work in the Spitfire and maybe in the Hurri NOT the Bf109.

Happy Simming.
    Last edited by Kwings714; Dec-29-2017 at 09:39.
    Weapons of choice
    MS Force Feedback 2, Saitek Rudder, Nvidia GTX 1080 (Reference Design), AMD Ryzen 2200g (3.95 Ghz OC Game Mode) Asrock B450 iTX/AC, 16G GSkill 3200 Mhz @14 CAS
    OpenTrack and DIY Head-Tracker (Wire) https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28730 (Many thanks to OpenSource Contributer) 'S

3. Likes ATAG_Lewis, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzrat View Post
    Hello all, [firs post- don t bash]

I use the 3-led clip with PS3 eye and Opentrack, also only used this setup with Warthunder.
    3. Yaw - leaning head against the side sometimes does notwork.

Also if you have similar setup any advice is greatly appreciated.
    A good day.

PS: Posted this in Lounge also.
    I've used it to great success in the past with ED tracker.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=113

that profile might not be great for you as it has a built in lean out when lookimng behind... but you can tweek it lots.

even teh default profiles are ok...

i run then all pretty much linear. or it feals like i have a magnet on my head !

others prefer a snap to centre thing...

have a play.. theerreally is no right and wrong here, only preference.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

There shouldn't be any 'jumping around' with TrackIR, EDTracker or DIY PS3Eye...They should all be smooth if they are set up properly....

Watch videos of folks like Karaya and you'll see how smooth the headtrackers can be when they are set up correctly...

All the movement in this vid is controlled...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

Forgot to mention about the PS3 Eye Patch.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...&downloadid=48

and my X curve settingX Curve.PNG
    Weapons of choice
    MS Force Feedback 2, Saitek Rudder, Nvidia GTX 1080 (Reference Design), AMD Ryzen 2200g (3.95 Ghz OC Game Mode) Asrock B450 iTX/AC, 16G GSkill 3200 Mhz @14 CAS
    OpenTrack and DIY Head-Tracker (Wire) https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28730 (Many thanks to OpenSource Contributer) 'S

7. Likes Kitzrat liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@ Kwings714

What does the patch do?
    Should I install even if I have CL-Eye-Driver-5.3.0.0341 and opentrack-2.3.9?

Thank you all for your assistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

Kitzrat

Not really sure what the Patch was really meant for to be honest. It's have to do something within FreeTrack tracker. If OpenTrack is working fine for you at this moment. Then you don't really need to install it.
    Have a look here. Scroll down till you reach the https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=11.
    Weapons of choice

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

That patch is only needed for freetrack.For opentrack or Facetracknoir you don't need it, only that cl-eye driver is needed
    Last edited by Stormrider; Feb-10-2018 at 14:58.
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless