Thread: Hellfire Corner v1.7d - glitch? or my mistake?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    423.34 MB

Hellfire Corner v1.7d - glitch? or my mistake?

Hello,

I've just flown in the server and I bombed Calais-Marck and I haven't seen any damage message. I saw 2 bomb craters from high altitudes. I have dropped 2x500lbs and 8x40lbs bombs. I can prove it with screen shots Is it my mistake or did I found a glitch, which can help you to get better
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Hellfire Corner v1.7d - glitch? or my mistake?

Potential glit-t-tch. I'll have a look at the files, do a test. In the meantime repeat from low-level with no.27 everready fuses (not that it should make a diff) if you see the mission on again.

TY for the report
    ~S~

4. Likes eremes liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    423.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Potential glit-t-tch. I'll have a look at the files, do a test. In the meantime repeat from low-level with no.27 everready fuses (not that it should make a diff) if you see the mission on again.

TY for the report
    ~S~
    Hello,

I haven't No.27 ever ready fuses. I have

No. 27 Mk. I Piston - General Purpose
    No. 28 Mk. IIx Piston - Ever-Ready

I haven't checked the fuses before flight, but I always use Ever-Ready fuses.

I'm not sure if I can succesfully bomb at low level, I haven't tried it in the server but I'll try it next time

Thanks for the reply and also much more thanks for your missions

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    423.34 MB

I forgot to mention. Have you seen the bomb craters on the screen shot ? I think the bombs have exploded on the ground. One next to the
    Unbenannt.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

My mistake on the fuses - everready is the one I mean though, what I also always use

The files check out OK, I'll test it myself in the next couple days though. Looks like you hit it good though, so it is puzzling!

~S~

8. Likes eremes liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    423.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    Looks like you hit it good though
    Thanks =)

I hope you can find the problem and I'd love to learn it

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eremes View Post
    Hello,

I've just flown in the server and I bombed Calais-Marck and I haven't seen any damage message. I saw 2 bomb craters from high altitudes. I have dropped 2x500lbs and 8x40lbs bombs. I can prove it with screen shots Is it my mistake or did I found a glitch, which can help you to get better
    eremes,

Sorry if the following is me being Captain Obvious. Can u recall about how long the mission had been running when u bombed CM?

One possible explanation for this is that the airfield had already been destroyed when u bombed it. If its destroyed i dont think any further messages will be sent when it is bombed. Sometimes the dadtardly reds send a bomber raid to this base very early in the mission.

Sorry if you have already consideted this possibility and its not relevant.

Ezzie

11. Likes eremes liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    423.34 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    eremes,

Sorry if the following is me being Captain Obvious. Can u recall about how long the mission had been running when u bombed CM?

One possible explanation for this is that the airfield had already been destroyed when u bombed it. If its destroyed i dont think any further messages will be sent when it is bombed. Sometimes the dadtardly reds send a bomber raid to this base very early in the mission.

Sorry if you have already consideted this possibility and its not relevant.

Ezzie
    Hello, thanks for the feed back. I'm not very experienced in server and at the beginning of the mission I asked if I can see, which airfields are damaged and Calais Marck wasn't destroyed. Other people on the server suggested me to attack Calais Marck too. Therefore I'm sure it wasn't destroyed before I started my engines. Despite that your explanation makes sense and maybe someone destroyed the airfield while I was flying and I missed the message :/

Thanks for your reply

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eremes View Post
    Hello, thanks for the feed back. I'm not very experienced in server and at the beginning of the mission I asked if I can see, which airfields are damaged and Calais Marck wasn't destroyed. Other people on the server suggested me to attack Calais Marck too. Therefore I'm sure it wasn't destroyed before I started my engines. Despite that your explanation makes sense and maybe someone destroyed the airfield while I was flying and I missed the message :/

Thanks for your reply
    No probs. Maybe try it again and see what happens the next time. if you type <obj<red (or blue if flying blue) into the chat bar it will tell you what tgts have been destroyed so you can work out what is left. Hmm maybe this tells you what tgts are remaining - i think i have confused myself.....

Ezzie

14. Likes eremes liked this post