Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Year Wish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: New Year Wish

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm happy to report that I found the problem and the joystick is now working. After uninstalling and reinstalling Blitz and checking out for joystick function it became apparent that the basic joystick controls were assigned to the keyboard so that the joystick was not listed under controls, axis settings. I have no idea how the settings got into this mode.

Thanks to all who reached out to help me.

Buff
    That is so strange, Buff. Thanks so much for posting this. So by your description above, when you uninstalled then reinstalled BLITZ the joystick X & Y axis appeared properly in the correct axis setting section?

I will sticky this thread as it might well help other players that run into this glitch.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.60 MB

Here's how I finally managed to get the joystick mapped.

After new install of Blitz the joystick wasn't mapped in Controls, Axis. The joystick wasn't listed and didn't function although listed in Steam. Further it wasn't possible to map anything on the joystick to a function.

I found by mapping a keyboard key to one of control functions, ie, up key to the elevator control, under axis and save, I then could clear that and reassign to the joystick. Then other controls could easily be mapped to the joystick directly. However I haven't been successful in mapping the hat button yet. Not sure what view control to map it too.

I have no idea why this is the case.

Buff

3. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Here's how I finally managed to get the joystick mapped.

After new install of Blitz the joystick wasn't mapped in Controls, Axis. The joystick wasn't listed and didn't function although listed in Steam. Further it wasn't possible to map anything on the joystick to a function.

I found by mapping a keyboard key to one of control functions, ie, up key to the elevator control, under axis and save, I then could clear that and reassign to the joystick. Then other controls could easily be mapped to the joystick directly. However I haven't been successful in mapping the hat button yet. Not sure what view control to map it too.

I have no idea why this is the case.

Buff
    That’s an easy “fix” (once you know how), but why it was necessary in the first place defies explanation. Kudos for figuring it out and sharing with us here.

I use TrackIR, so I’ve set my joystick hatswitch to UP (0) = POV 30, DOWN (180) = POV 90, LEFT (270) = ZOOM IN, and RIGHT (90) = ZOOM OUT. I have the center top joystick button progammed in the Naturalpoint (ie TrackIR) software to Center the TrackIR since it frequently goes slightly out of kilter when violently panning around. I have an easy-to-access button on my throttle likewise programmed in the Naturalpoint software to pause TrackIR. I find it handy when lining up a target in my gunsight to first hit Center TrackIR, then immediately hit Pause TrackIR to stop the gunsight from “wandering” as you’re trying to keep it on target. Everyone has their own little techniques, of course, probably all better than mine!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12