Thread: Can keys allocated to controls in 4.312 be quickly applied to Blitz ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Can keys allocated to controls in 4.312 be quickly applied to Blitz ?

Hi,
    Rather than go through screens of settings allocating keys all over again, can a file be copied with these settings across to Blitz ?

Does in fact Blitz pick up on the keys ini file already in use with 4.312 or is its installation somewhat cocooned from MoD 4.312 and earlier versions regards pulling in settings we have, such as video settings, controls and so on ?

Is there a quick way of converting Blitz to the settings used in MoD 4.312 ?

I dont see mention of all this in the Blitz setup guide.

Cheers

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Dec-30-2017 at 17:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Re: Can keys allocated to controls in 4.312 be quickly applied to Blitz ?

All this is easily found with a search on the forums... but try these threads here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27296 https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...vious-version/

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiflieger View Post
    All this is easily found with a search on the forums... but try these threads here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27296 https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...vious-version/

Many thanks,
    maybe this should be added to the user guide for setting up Blitz I found but had no mention of such.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=27403

I now find this thread
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...controls+blitz
    and see some variations on approaches, they need reading twice carefully, this can be a bit daunting for newbies I would imagine, I think yours sounds easy to follow, needs one though in the guide above as someone else asks.

Cheers

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Dec-31-2017 at 09:53.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

The controls interface for CloD includes a lot of "legacy" commands such as "toggle tail hook" or "select engine no. 8" as well as lots of padlock views than anyone with TrackIr doesn't need. Besides that, CloD doesn't always flag conflicting or redundant keystroke assignments. I have a squad mate who couldn't understand why he kept blowing engines until we figured out that he had the same keystroke assigned to both "toggle landing gear" and " close radiator".
    I think it's a good idea when setting up Blitz to go through the entire interface and clear ALL the default commands and and reassign them from scratch.
    That way, you will not only avoid conflicting keystrokes, you will free up for future use all of the useless legacy commands, making all those keystrokes available. Took me about half an hour to do.
    Just my two cents.
    Remember, sometimes shortcuts can be a real waste of time.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    I think it's a good idea when setting up Blitz to go through the entire interface and clear ALL the default commands and and reassign them from scratch.
    That way, you will not only avoid conflicting keystrokes, you will free up for future use all of the useless legacy commands, making all those keystrokes available. Took me about half an hour to do.
    Remember, sometimes shortcuts can be a real waste of time.
    Thanks, Good point and followed. Start afresh.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    The controls interface for CloD includes a lot of "legacy" commands such as "toggle tail hook" or "select engine no. 8".
    And the "default"controls came with keys assigned for this useless commands = "Shift 3... Shift 8" is assigned for select engine #3 to # 8.
    Has control assigned for "Mouse 5" ???
    Same key in two controls that result in one blocked "Mouse left" for fire gun and "Hold to offset Camera".

BTW - For other commands in different category is safety use the same key. In the same category the assignment is blocked.

Clear all "default" controls and assign only what is need is the ideal, but the player need know the controls category and names well, some are not clear, e.g. "Toggle Selected Engines" should be "Start Selected Engine" or "Ignition of Selected Engine"... and GUI has names duplicated: "External View", and names inverted "Hold to Offset Camera" is "Hold to Zoom Camera" and vice-versa.

No easy way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    177.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    And the "default"controls came with keys assigned for this useless commands = "Shift 3... Shift 8" is assigned for select engine #3 to # 8.
    We'll have the Wellington one day so we can use #3 & #4!
    34" ASUS ROG 1440p. i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz. Thermaltake 360mm AIO. ASUS Maximus Hero VII, 16gb DDR3, ASUS Strix 980Ti. TM WH, WH Throttle, TM THRP Pedals. TrackIR 5 Pro. Oculus Rift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBouff View Post
    We'll have the Wellington one day so we can use #3 & #4!
    Dream is free.

But still having the useless options for select the # 5...8 and their associated # 5...8 magneto switches (placebos), # 5... 8 fuel cock, prop pitch, mixture, carburetor heat, radiator, oil radiator... and so on.

Removing/hindding this useless options will cut that truncated aircraft TAB options be ~1/4 or more.

They are added as "future proof" for Storm of War series, but the future "ran over" Storm of War series and the result was the "run down CloD".