Thread: Alex "Tempest" from Canberra, ACT Australia

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Alex "Tempest" from Canberra, ACT Australia

Hi all,
    I remember my dad showing my how to get take off in the Hurricane and lead BF-109s in Combat Flight Simulator. Pretty much my first gaming experience and it's stuck with me. Over the years I played IL-2 (really enjoying the Yak-1 and IL-2 itself) before moving on to DCS and BMS.
    Now I'm back and it's a kind of delirious feeling to be sitting in the greenhouse cockpit once again. Of course now I want to learn to fly it properly.
    This looks like a great group- had some awesome support within an hour or so of asking for it. Reading my way through Chuck's (600 page!) pdf guide now, hopefully I'll be ready and able soon enough to clear the skies.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Alex "Tempest" from Canberra, ACT Australia

Oh and Happy New Year everyone!

3. Likes ATAG_Highseas, BOO, ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Welcome!

Chucks guide is excellent!

See you up there

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Welcome sir any help you need you just jump on TWC or Atags teamspeak and we will all be glad to help you get her up and running.

TWC's teamspeak is twc.teamspeak3.com and ATAG's is listed on this forum at the sides on the main page.<S> Fatal
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Tempest, and welcome to our virtual skies sir

You have already discovered what a friendly and helpful community we have here, so if you need any further help and advice don't be frightened to ask for it either here on this forum, or better still on Teamspeak.

Check out the beginners guide for starters. There is a whole host of information on there to get you started, and I am sure our buddy ATAG_Lewis will be along shortly with his customary welcome, with more useful links and advice.

Happy New Year to you, and I hope you can join us online soon

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Hi buddy...

Before I welcome you officially to the forums and server...I'd just like to ask that if you like CLOD and BLITZ then its a good idea to leave a positive review (in any language) in the STEAM forum...That way we will get to see more of what the TFS have to offer in the future...It helps keep THE DREAM ALIVE!...haha...

...Lew...

Welcome to the Community and Forums Tempest ...~S~

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It will save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve too...

Beginners Guide

Windows Management Guide

Also try youtube for startup procedures on all the aircraft...

I recommend getting in the online server as soon as you can take off if that's ultimately where you'd like to fly...I flew single player for 30 minutes before I took the plunge...The ATAG online server is a great environment to learn and there's not really any damage you can do in there as a new player.....It is also mission based just with real players trying to foil your objectives...If you are concerned then pick an airstrip furthest from the front line (there always is one or two on every map) and get some alt before you go hunting...You'll get tagged a lot but there are tricks you learn out of pure desperation in those first few weeks that you'll be able to use later...I know cos I still use the same tricks I learned then too because they work...and never underestimate the stall to get you out of a tight fix...That sometimes works too...

TeamSpeak is optional but you'll learn a whole lot faster with it even if you say very little once you are on the server...You are quite welcome to just listen if you feel more comfortable with that....so you don't actually need a mic either...Try it and see!

Here are a few fun, helpful and interesting links amongst these forums you might want to bag for future reference...

Most Watched CLOD Videos

Easy Allied CEM for New Players

Joystick and Hardware Thread

ATAG Forum Age Poll Results

Nvidea Control Panel Settings

Downloads

Contact spotting is massively important in any flight sim...Seeing that enemy before he sees you is a race you don't want to be second in...Check this link to see if you can tweak your rig any better...

Contact Spotting Test

Don't forget to keep up with the latest on the TeamFusion new aircraft and patch news...You could well be AMAZED!

TeamFusion Facebook Updates

A must read for all CLOD enthusiasts is the recent news that has the whole community buzzing very heavily...

TeamFusion News

And finally...Please take the time to have a read of some of the stories of military family adventures by a few of the members of this forum...and maybe share yours with us...~S~

A Tribute to Those Who Served

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and remember its all about the Fun!!!

...Lew...

===================================

Any UK members please let us know where abouts in the UK you are...Just for reference...Its always good to know just incase there happen to be folks who can help you or you can help locally...buy a joystick from or even just a chat in a pub with someone who is likeminded...

UK Based Player Location thread

Thanks...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

8. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    That's my desktop background, haha.

But it's a Typhoon, not a Tempest!

Welcome Tempest to the community. You'll have a blast!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Fatal_Error View Post
    Welcome sir any help you need you just jump on TWC or Atags teamspeak and we will all be glad to help you get her up and running.

TWC's teamspeak is twc.teamspeak3.com and ATAG's is listed on this forum at the sides on the main page.<S> Fatal
    You'll find a fellow Canberran on it! Welcome to CloD.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

11. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

G'day Tempest and welcome.
    U will fine a bunch of Kiwis & Aussies on most afternoons/evenings in our time zone.
    Do get on TeamSpeak tho as it will multiply the fun and shorten the learning curves.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

G'Day Tempest,

Good to see another Aussie onboard - look fwd to seeing you online and ditto what Torian, Sp00K etc have said.

I lived in Canberra for ~ 16 years all up but luckily managed to eventually escape......

Ezzie

PS Only joking - its a nice place to live.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

HI All, Tempest will be on 8pm tonight Oz Eastern time if anyone else is available. I am running him through a few tips in his favoured Hurri.

Pattle

15. Likes SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Ezzie View Post
    I lived in Canberra for ~ 16 years all up but luckily managed to eventually escape......
    Hi Tempest,
    Sounds like Ezzie and I have a similar experience with Canberra.
    I lived there during the 60's and 70's, when I was a young lad, until the lure of Sydney and all its temptations became too strong to resist.
    Welcome aboard.
    Cheers, Scream.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Welcome mate, plenty of other Aussies here

Must be nice to live so close to a Bf-109, Spitfire, A6M2, Mustang, P-40, Lancaster, Me-262, Me-163, Albatros D.Va, SE5a, bits of the Red Baron's Fokker Dr.I, part of Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer's Bf-110, and yes, by this point, I am just boasting about how much stuff we have in Australia
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

18. Likes SIA_Sp00k, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Blown away by the response! Okay- I'll lurk on Teamspeak and keep practising as I go. What's a good mission to practice my start-ups (full "ramp" start-ups)?

20. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

The ATAG server...

Practice all you want in there...We have a lot of new folks joining...I tell them all to get into the server asap...and jump on TS (even if they just want to listen)...Pick an airstrip far from the front line and go do some practice stuff...Doing this and on TS will get you help with stuff real fast...You can ask questions in TS...best just to wait for a quiet spell on TS and say you you're new and need some help...There's a lot of us that enjoy helping the new guys get up and running...and remember we've helped vets coming from time off and we've helped new guys who have just bought a new PC and have never gamed before...There's nothing new you can throw at us so don't worry about being the new guy on the block...Someone can either answer you or take you to a separate TS channel for 1 to 1...

If you ultimately want to fly the server then starting off in there is a good idea....You spawn on the deck with all the Full Real settings from the get go...You can use airstrips for take off and landing practice...Best to use an airstrip not on the front line just so you don't get into the fight sooner than you wanted...Not usually long before you want go and see what the enemy look like anyway...then you can go and have fun...

Its always better just to get involved in the server and community than not...Things you learn from TS will get you further down the road....and a couple hours with a helpful vet will literally save you weeks flying single player trying to figure out stuff on your own...

...Lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jan-05-2018 at 18:00.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

22. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hey, Alex......good to meet you at Hendon the other day! (And another big 'Welcome' to the ATAG Forum and Servers. It's good to have you join us!)

I think it's safe to say we truly 'buzzed' Tower Bridge good n proper, last night. I'm very glad that you and Przemo seemed to have a good time in the dear old Hurricane. You'll have to try the Spit next time....don't forget the Spit 1a, (100 octane) is the one to choose first because of the slightly easier engine management. (See Lew's Welcome post above)

I will look out for your name on the Main Server from now on, in the hope that we can 'wing up' and 'bash it to the Bosche!' Just jump right in and don't be afraid to get shot down (happens to me all the time) because that's how you learn..... and on the Main Server you learn fast!

Don't forget to 'say hello' and see you 'up there!' Salute!

24. Likes ATAG_Lewis, ATAG_Laser liked this post