Thread: Cannot get TS push to talk to bind to joystick.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cannot get TS push to talk to bind to joystick.

I had the same problem with a saitek X55. At one time it worked then sometime last year I could no longer get the program to recognize that I wanted a joystick button to be my PTT button. No I have a thrustmaster warthog. I set up all my controls for CLOD and then went to try binding it but it did not work. I tried starting TARGET and binding the joystick to a keyboard button and that worked.....but it causes my mapping to appear blank and now I have to remap all my controls. On top of that it looks like if I try to run target the game won't just recognize my switches...which means I have to bind each one to a keyboard command. So while I could get it to work I would much rather not have to run target. And I can avoid target if TS would just let me use a joystick button. THanks all.

Diamondaxe

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: Cannot get TS push to talk to bind to joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondaxe View Post
    I had the same problem with a saitek X55. At one time it worked then sometime last year I could no longer get the program to recognize that I wanted a joystick button to be my PTT button. No I have a thrustmaster warthog. I set up all my controls for CLOD and then went to try binding it but it did not work. I tried starting TARGET and binding the joystick to a keyboard button and that worked.....but it causes my mapping to appear blank and now I have to remap all my controls. On top of that it looks like if I try to run target the game won't just recognize my switches...which means I have to bind each one to a keyboard command. So while I could get it to work I would much rather not have to run target. And I can avoid target if TS would just let me use a joystick button. THanks all.

Diamondaxe
    take a look at Joy2Key

it has zero impact on the game and works extreamly well.

map a keybord press in game... use joy to key to map a joytsick button to that keyboard stroke.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Whenever you run TARGET, the basic stick and throttle are combined to create a "Thrustmaster Combined" controller you can see in the windows game controllers window. If you have already used the basic stick and throttle in the game, CloD will look only for the basic stick and throttle, but TARGET has removed and replaced them with "Thrustmaster Combined". You paid a lot for TARGET software... Use it! Here's how:

Tell TeamSpeak to use the keyboard's Right Control button as the "Press to talk" switch.

Program TARGET GUI program to send R_CTL (Right Control) when you press the throttle's "CHB" (Red Rocker Switch Backwards)

OR, for advanced:

Use this script in TARGET SE Fast Script
    MapKeyIOUMD(&Throttle, CHB, R_CTL, R_CTL, R_CTL, R_CTL, R_CTL);//Teamspeak Channel Mic
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-03-2018 at 10:33.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Case instead use a "Elephant" want use a "ant" to do the same job - and avoid remap all CloD controls - for just press keys for TS:

https://joytokey.net/en/download

The thing is too practical that you will may consider register - work without, with monthly remind.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-02-2018 at 18:30.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

There's an alternative: Use TS voice activation, combined with a mute switch on the microphone ...

6. Dislikes Baffin disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    There's an alternative: Use TS voice activation, combined with a mute switch on the microphone ...
    I must disagree!

This is the single most common cause of TeamSpeak frequency congestion and "stuck" microphones. Without a compelling reason for doing otherwise, everyone should use a "Press to Talk" switch of some kind, even if it's just a keyboard press.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    I must disagree!

This is the single most common cause of TeamSpeak frequency congestion and "stuck" microphones. Without a compelling reason for doing otherwise, everyone should use a "Press to Talk" switch of some kind, even if it's just a keyboard press.
    If everyone sets it up correctly, and uses it correctly, it's not a problem at all.
    (But, yeah, the problem lies right there, in those two 'If' conditions...)

9. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    If everyone sets it up correctly, and uses it correctly, it's not a problem at all.
    (But, yeah, the problem lies right there, in those two 'If' conditions...)
    A certain DangerDogz heavy breathing?? And another DangerDogz munching??

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_Crash View Post
    A certain DangerDogz heavy breathing?? And another DangerDogz munching??
    Hm, yeah, but that's not really a problem now is it?

It's a bit annoying, and that's quite normal within our group, isn't it?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There is a Teamspeak plugin you can download here: https://www.myteamspeak.com/addons/9...f-4cd53c886a8d

I had a similar problem and found the plugin was missing when I updated TS.

Let me know if this helps....

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for everyone's help. For my thrustmaster joystick I ended up using the TARGET software. The problem was that I enabled it only after I set up my keys. This gave me the "thrustmaster combined" joystick bindings that Baffin described. I did have the plugin for TS but for some reason it was listed as having an error and would not load. I tried to redownload it several times. Eventually I reverted to an older version of TS (3.0.19) and was able to get my stick working with TS. So what I also learned is that I cannot start CLOD and then start my TARGET software. All in all it has been a pain.

That Saitek worked without a single problem on my brother's PC and I regret not being able to use it. As much as I like the feel of a warthog metal stick the saitek was more comfortable and had a layout more wwii friendly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Thanks for everyone's help. For my thrustmaster joystick I ended up using the TARGET software. The problem was that I enabled it only after I set up my keys. This gave me the "thrustmaster combined" joystick bindings that Baffin described. I did have the plugin for TS but for some reason it was listed as having an error and would not load. I tried to redownload it several times. Eventually I reverted to an older version of TS (3.0.19) and was able to get my stick working with TS. So what I also learned is that I cannot start CLOD and then start my TARGET software. All in all it has been a pain.

That Saitek worked without a single problem on my brother's PC and I regret not being able to use it. As much as I like the feel of a warthog metal stick the saitek was more comfortable and had a layout more wwii friendly.
    Here's more TARGET to chew on:

To change TARGET Script Editor profile while in game (I have different profiles for different planes), I must go to the desktop and stop TeamSpeak and TSNotifier first. Then I can stop Hurricane, for example, and then start Spitfire or Blenheim. After that I restart TS3 with TSNotifier.

If I forget and get everything all messed up, I run the Firmware Updater and TARGET works again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

For my thrustmaster joystick I ended up using the TARGET software.... So what I also learned is that I cannot start CLOD and then start my TARGET software. All in all it has been a pain.
    OK that this TARGET software compulsory cost you ~$100 or more, but if more hinder than help why use this?

JoyToKey do the same - just press a key to TS PTT, can be started after game and reconfigured "on the fly", just cost $10* and don't use dozen of memory MB's.

SVMapper is free.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-18-2018 at 10:43.

16. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    OK that this TARGET software compulsory cost you ~$100 or more, but if more hinder than help why use this?

JoyToKey do the same - just press a key to TS PTT, can be started after game and reconfigured "on the fly", just cost $10* and don't use dozen of memory MB's.

SVMapper is free.
    JoyTokey is free too...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

If fact is Shareware - if like register for 10$, but don't stop work, just remind you at every 30 days.