Thread: TheOden's Dynamic Mission, A Dynamic SP experience worthy of CLOD at last!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

TheOden's Dynamic Mission, A Dynamic SP experience worthy of CLOD at last!

More to come, with commentary next time too... (Probably on livestream so subscribe if this tickles your fancy.)

Improvements to the mission include;

Addition of the Beaufighter
    Fly for both sides in a variety of roles
    Much better performance
    Reduction of AI gunner BS

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Re: TheOden's Dynamic Mission, A Dynamic SP experience worthy of CLOD at last!

Ok ya got my attention, where can I download it

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

4. Likes PhoenixCNE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I start this Dynamic Mission several times with Hurricane - including deleting all files and starting again staring form a folder inside Single, but:

The folder DynMis... was not created (like in previous version), is no more need? The custom.mis/cs/briefing was created.

I land in Hawkinge (after select this as new base and ask for bearing in Mission menu -4) but next mission start again in Biggin Hill.

The Log.txt (in Clod folder) don't help much this time, are several errors, but some I believe related with game internal scripts failing and not mission script.

E.g. "Near_Formation.ogg" not found, this file don't exist in CloD Speech folder (exist "Tight_formation.ogg"), neither are referenced in DynMiss script.

Other strange thing are that some "Radar" return give me bearings practically opposing to the nearest enemy flight or for target distant "200 miles" away.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

Don't forget to add scriptAppDomain=0 to the [rts] section of your config.ini

Also, right click the archive and go to the "Security" tab and check the "Unblock" box before extracting. (I think this is what might be causing your problem 1lokos)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    885.77 MB

I’ve flown 4 missions now with this new version...started in 1 Sqn, but have now been transferred to a different squadron at Biggin Hill, (1 Sqn lost most aircraft and pilots an was moved out of the area ). Getting shot down most of the time..

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You need to work on
    1) your situational awareness, and
    2) holding your fire till you're within range.

Cheers,
    Oersted

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

Ok dude, whatever.

(I survived being outnumbered 12 to 1, I'd say my SA was pretty good and I know how to use the gunsight to judge range so idk wtf you're on about.)

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

I can't get this to work, wish I could. Most the time when second squadron of spitfires spawn in they all insta explode in the hangars, and all I end up doing is following squadron leader in circles until we start taking fire. Love this game but sadly only have time for SP most of the time so BoX has been getting most of my play

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Phoenix,

This happens because your plane squadron are being duplicated by mission, I guess because mission are starting over and over again - the management script are not running properly.

I suggest delete all and start again, I have to do this some times before all went OK.

1st - Before open the Zip file, right click over, properties and tick "UNBLOCK". JimmyBlond could add this detail in the readme.

Extract for a folder in Single Mission, go to this folder right click over some files and confirm if the "UNBLOCK" option disappear (meaning that files was unblocked).

In mine install the mission are not progressing because some files including pictures remain unblocked.

After correct this - have to check files one per one, the mission progress normal, no more duplicate planes and "next day" mission change.

12. Likes PhoenixCNE liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Phoenix,

This happens because your plane squadron are being duplicated by mission, I guess because mission are starting over and over again - the management script are not running properly.

I suggest delete all and start again, I have to do this some times before all went OK.

1st - Before open the Zip file, right click over, properties and tick "UNBLOCK". JimmyBlond could add this detail in the readme.

Extract for a folder in Single Mission, go to this folder right click over some files and confirm if the "UNBLOCK" option disappear (meaning that files was unblocked).

In mine install the mission are not progressing because some files including pictures remain unblocked.

After correct this - have to check files one per one, the mission progress normal, no more duplicate planes and "next day" mission change.

Thank you, I honestly didnt even know the block feature was in windows like that I thought you guys were speaking of read only or something before lol.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Phoenix,

Flying in the spitfire squadron I am constantly getting other squadrons of hurricanes and such that are all exploding as soon as they spawn in, unfortunately this makes it rather impossible to win lol. I have gone through and made sure all files were unblocked, have also deleted and reinstalled a couple times. Not sure if its something I can fix or just scripting/ai issues

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    885.77 MB

Make sure that you have set the correct plane ID in "Player Plane" before starting the first mission. (aircraft letter and serial, as instructed by the briefing). Running Win7 here without any problems, 8 missions so far in a Hurricane campaign. Dates change, different missions, RAF/LW ratio updates, damage control, supply etc seems to work.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by bb5000 View Post
    Make sure that you have set the correct plane ID in "Player Plane" before starting the first mission. (aircraft letter and serial, as instructed by the briefing). Running Win7 here without any problems, 8 missions so far in a Hurricane campaign. Dates change, different missions, RAF/LW ratio updates, damage control, supply etc seems to work.
    Yep I did change the serial and such to what it should be, my hopes shot up because I was 3 missions in before a whole fleet of hurricanes spawned and self destructed. Everything else is working as advertised, just unsure why my spawns are so explosive

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    110.68 MB

I can't add any comments to the readme, not my file or mission. I have notified the creator that some data was absent from the latest version however.

18. Likes PhoenixCNE liked this post