Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AI Bombers

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.01 MB

Re: AI Bombers

Those are the tactics we are using already. Pick away at the edges of the formation, never fly into the cone of fire in the middle. Try to cause enough damage to one or two to get them to drop out of formation. Doesn't work if everyone takes a round through the forehead on the first pass?

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    355.74 MB

Re: AI Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    I do have a question; More than once in this thread I see mention of 200 yards as being a "get no closer than this" range when attacking bombers. That happens to be the range I use for gun convergence with RAF fighters (182.3 Meters). Should I be setting this further out, or does the AI already "know" where I have my convergence set anyways? I notice that when I approach an AI fighter from behind, they know to start taking evasive action when I reach convergence range.
    I have wondered this as well when they start to juke as soon as the wings are set correctly in the sights. I did however have my most successful run last night against a large group of bombers flying SP. I had a large altitude advantage and did a very fast diving pass right through the middle of the formation strafing at least 2 of the bombers as I went through (non critical damage of course) BUT just as I made it through one of the 111 gunners sniped the pilot out of another I had just flown in front of ..... I'm counting that as a kill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123