Thread: AI Bombers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    129.06 MB

AI Bombers

I know this has been mentioned before but I was wondering if in changing this tracking you made the gunners unkillable. Just a thought what is the possible number of skills that are working not only for Bombers, but 110 AI gunners are vital hits everytime. Some passes are good but it seems the gunners are hitting shots from unbalievable manuvers from 110's. Anyway just thought I would ask also not looking for a lecture just a straight answer if it is being worked on and if it will get fixed. If you need video of gunners shooting and the crazy angles and shooting through their own wings just ask.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.76 MB

Re: AI Bombers

There is a longer and somewhat controversial thread at this link.

In short, there are two camps:

Camp 1: Some people believe that the terminator-rear-gunners are great to force attackers to fly more defensively;
    Camp 2: Other people (including myself) believe that terminator-rear-gunners kill immersion and make it less realistic;

It is not considered a "bug" in the game because the AI gunners are doing exactly what they are programmed to do. The debate is about what such gunners should do, which is somewhat subjective, depending on whether one wishes to stress the Air Combat Simulation aspect, or the Air Combat Game (as in challenging and skill building) aspect. It has been suggested that lowering the gunners' skill for each particular mission you are playing with the Full Mission Builder may help those in Camp #2. I have tried and found this to be, at best, a mild workaround.

Everybody, including TF, seems to agree that the AI in CloD should be greatly improved overall, so there is hope for the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    129.06 MB

My question was to them as to what skills or per person they have a set of 9 bombers that they believe to be right. The other thing that I have noticed is that gunners are not dieing AT ALL! Last the ability of the 110 gunner is off the chart and I do not care what number you use. The code that they change is in my oppion a bug and they need to go back to where when I set a number IT WORKED. to have every person in the plane set to zero is a joke and to have them hit a vital area every time. Trust me we have tried 3 attackers and and alt level attacks and you may get one high speed pass but the second or third it is water oil or pilot kill this is not at all historically accurate. So my question to this development team is wht skills or person numbers they think is historical . I have also seen the side gunner as a plane was going down ripping shots at me and the tracers was going through the wings as he rolled over and still landing shots lol. Now if u say turn down the bravery of this person IT IS ALREADY ZERO!!!! Ayway flying a campiagn offline or even online most of the players are ignoring the bombers. Now being a hurricane pilot the reason why they hit bombers was gun platform and the plane took a beating now it is one pass or 2 at the most and your down. DO NOT GIVE ME THE TACTIC LINE! Turn the code back to 4.312 where the numbers WORKED!!!

PS the other thread is a JOKE!
    Last edited by Knight; Jan-09-2018 at 07:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    My question was to them as to what skills or per person they have a set of 9 bombers that they believe to be right. The other thing that I have noticed is that gunners are not dieing AT ALL! Last the ability of the 110 gunner is off the chart and I do not care what number you use. The code that they change is in my oppion a bug and they need to go back to where when I set a number IT WORKED. to have every person in the plane set to zero is a joke and to have them hit a vital area every time. Trust me we have tried 3 attackers and and alt level attacks and you may get one high speed pass but the second or third it is water oil or pilot kill this is not at all historically accurate. So my question to this development team is wht skills or person numbers they think is historical . I have also seen the side gunner as a plane was going down ripping shots at me and the tracers was going through the wings as he rolled over and still landing shots lol. Now if u say turn down the bravery of this person IT IS ALREADY ZERO!!!! Ayway flying a campiagn offline or even online most of the players are ignoring the bombers. Now being a hurricane pilot the reason why they hit bombers was gun platform and the plane took a beating now it is one pass or 2 at the most and your down. DO NOT GIVE ME THE TACTIC LINE! Turn the code back to 4.312 where the numbers WORKED!!!

PS the other thread is a JOKE!
    I agree, was better A.I. gunners in 4.3 patch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Turn the code back to 4.312 where the numbers WORKED!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Eagle View Post
    I agree, was better A.I. gunners in 4.3 patch.
    Funny you two say that. One of the big complaints about 4.312 was that the gunners sucked.
    Now that they don't suck (and yes you can set their numbers to a lower value and they will not be that good any more) the complaint is because they are good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Don't worry Colander, I like the new gunners. Someone's got to

And I'm pretty sure all the other Blenheim, Bf110, Ju88, Stuka jocks all like them too. Having someone in the back that we can trust to do their job while we do our pilot/bombing stuff helps our peace of mind immensely.
    That is, as much as one can have peace of mind when you're getting shot at...

Pilots on MP should also note that just because a gunner is always hitting you does not mean that it is AI. In fact, often if a gunner is hitting you at long range and timing their bursts it is likely human - the AI is by no means perfect. There have been two separate occasions that I can recall of me sitting in the rear gunner position in my trusty Bf110, hitting a Spit/Hurri on my six reasonably well and the flier of said aircraft later remarking in chat how OP the AI gunners were in the new patch...

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The other thing that I have noticed is that gunners are not dieing AT ALL!

Knight,

Kill AI gunners in 4.50 you can.

My "tactic" against Do-17, He 111 is approach in their lower 6 - are a cone there not covered by top and rear gunner, and try hit that gunners first - what sometimes work, after I try hit the engines.

Enable the 'Log' (Log=1) in Conf.ini, this register the mission events:

Server: Top Gunner of a Do 17 Z-2 (5K + AC) (AI) is no more 1lokoS in a Hurricane I (Rotol 100oct) (JX o D).
    Server: AI in a Do 17 Z-2 (5K + AC), Hurricane I (Rotol 100oct) (JX o D) flown by 1lokoS dispatched Nose Gunner of a Do 17 Z-2 (5K + AC) (AI).
    BTW - What is wrong with the 'good' "killed", this "is no more", "dispatched" sounds weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    129.06 MB

I have run the numbers on he- 111s also the 110 aim is off the chart pulling g maneuvers and the vital hits are on point. If this is accurate the main question I have for the team is I have set these gunners to retard and they still hit accurately. Now if there is no more down with all gunners personalized to Zero this is a problem. Also fly with me this weekend and we will attack the same bombers and if you get past 2 times without engine damage I will back down since I build missions for our server and most fighter pilots are giving up on getting home. Before bullets hit but did not connect with vital areas Unless You Camped in the Tail or in a pocket. I will check my log tonight as soon as I get home after work. Thank you for the nice response and yes DO 17s are the easiest to pick apart.