Thread: Denying game use of certain default aircraft spawn points ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Denying game use of certain default aircraft spawn points ?

Hi,
    what tells the sim to use a user created spawn points as priority ?
    How can we block use of the hard coded ones ?
    I have sim deciding to use spawn points well away from my own created ones, can we alter code via notepad, or place some invisible object over a spawn point ?

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Denying game use of certain default aircraft spawn points ?

Put a static object over the spawn point you want to block - if look at that QM- Target Range on France will see several Jerry can around the airfield, but a better object is the Anti Storm weight.

If you block all spawn points the plane will spawn in the field near, maybe over a cow.

Can do this, block all for use custom placed spawn point - what was did in QM - Target Range on France, to force plane sapwn on runway, engines OFF.

All this work because the option for spawn on runway with engines off (like is possible in other IL-2's) existent in CloD release was "sweep under the rug" after.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Angry Re: Denying game use of certain default aircraft spawn points ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Put a static object over the spawn point you want to block - if look at that QM- Target Range on France will see several Jerry can around the airfield, but a better object is the Anti Storm weight.
    Hi,
    Creating 3 x Me110 in trees using 1Lokos engine doesnt run at start mis file.
    I had taken the original mis and placed it into my missions>single folder , is that ok to do, as I needed it in FMB.

However my engines are running. I need to stop them. How ?

Also it would seem that static objects not just on BUT also near spawn points deny use of the spawn points
    Unable to populate and create a realistic scene at dispersal. Starter trolleys cant be near aircraft., or ladders, anything.

I have hijacked 1Lokos target France mis and created 3 x 110's under trees, flyable, so I can give each a different skin, more realism for my static shots !
    Static a/c have no custom skin option unless someone knows how to point them at custom skins.

Initially as I altered it aircraft were a ghostly grey, even the do215 was this strange grey. when I placed in a tent it was also dark grey.
    is this mis compatible with 4.312 ? as I am in 4.312
    Can mis made in Blitz be used in 4.312 ?

file>play and I had bright glows in cockpit of 109. Relaunched sim and those have gone.
    I placed starter trolleys near the aircraft, not over the spawn points but near to where engines were, and these deny the 110s appearing at my spawn points in the woods.
    They appeared out on the airfield, on the eastern side, fwd of the jerry cans ! fwd of the hard coded blocked off spawn points.

I couldnt understand why then thought I'll move all starters and other items well away, and then they spawned at the woods.

Flight2 has 3 aircraft me110, Flight 1 is original Me109 from the mis.
    When I run the sim I have 2 Me110 and the third is the 109 ! Why ?
    I have spawn parked for Group properties for my placed aircraft by my spawn points.
    The 109 out on the runway was also set to spawn parked.
    I alter 109 to not be spawn parked, now I have 3 x 110 in trees.

Me110 #2 and #3 has engines running and taxiis. They start taxiing off before I can hop to each cockpit and stop engines. I want to get some photos of them !

My 110 pilot a/c has bright lights in cockpit and a black square with in external view a white blob, a black square and its pale grey all over, and scenery goes dark and light. Vehicles are dark.
    shot_20180114_220033.jpg
    shot_20180114_220050.jpg
    shot_20180114_220045.jpg
    shot_20180114_204833.jpg
    shot_20180114_204749.jpg

What is happening ?

here is the mis file zipped.

BOBC
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

The bright lights are caused by an error in the cache folder. Open MyDocuments/1cSoftclub/cache folder and delete the contents of it.
    Load your mission and see if the bright lights have disappeared. If not repeat the above until they do

Can't help with FMB, cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    The bright lights are caused by an error in the cache folder. Open MyDocuments/1cSoftclub/cache folder and delete the contents of it.
    Load your mission and see if the bright lights have disappeared. If not repeat the above until they do

Can't help with FMB, cheers, MP
    Hi,
    I had been ok after that initial bright lights,
    Have started from scratch, created airfield etc in the right way, (PhilStyle) been moving 109s about until they all spawn in trees, (airfield radius extend fixed that)
    added grass runway 20m to get rid of grass !
    Gave them o fuel, that stopped then starting up !
    One a/c kept tilting over, I guess rough ground, try to move my grass strip into trees more in the hope that might help..
    splines are not well designed , awful in fact. first one needed another handle so deleted my first one and the sim just froze, all items vanished, trees etc became more pronounced, complete freeze, end task it, start again with the saved mission and then everything is graphically odd, bright lights, portions of grass are different.

see pics.
    shot_20180115_010549.jpg
    shot_20180115_010602.jpg
    shot_20180115_010723.jpg
    shot_20180115_010740.jpg

deleted Cache, ran sim, no different.
    repeat, no different,
    deleted cache, rebooted pc, ran sim. no different.
    run a different mis (1Lokos tgt france, me110 is afflicted.

as if the entire install ist kaput.

deleted caches to all three, vanilla, mod and blitz.
    reboot pc, run 3.1 simple flight, ok, run another ok, run the FMB mission tgt France 1Lokos, ok, run caffiers, ok.
    run 4.312 ok,all these.
    move a/c to tree a bit, causes 2 a/c to vanish, alter again, get the bright lights and other effects again.
    delete cache, repeat etc etc.
    ok, edit a/c fwd a tad, 2 reappear.
    so far so good.

Its volatile thats for sure, never had any problems ever until this. Must be a bug.

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-14-2018 at 20:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Hallo BOCO,

You still have this "gray"-issue? When yes, try this on.
    Close the game and restart. Go to "options" and "Planes". Look at one plane (dosen`t matter wich one) til the defaut skin looks correct.

then restart a mission you like. Solved?
    http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/larry691/GZ-H%201_zpsdphexiii.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

About the spawn points:

The thing is, if you want place static stuff in near of a plane, you can`t do it in "normal" way! Where static things are, no plane can spawn in on that place. Static stuff and planes bothers each other. But (!) it`s only stuff from the "static" folder in the FMB like this. Static stuff from the "building" folder goes very well beside a plane. (Hope TFS will place more things in that folder, that makes much easier to place things by a plane).

If you want create a scene for eyecandys, screenshots or like this, there is a trick: It`s bit complicate, but it`s just like that FMB goes.
    Create an airfield, lets start a plane, and toggle "parking on spwan point" the engine will place a plane there. If you have more planes than spawn points, the engine set the planes out of the circle of the airfield. You can place 200 planes, they are all on that circle `til it goes around if the there not enough spawn points. The same is If there opjects on the spawn points, the plane goes out in the circle.

There on the circle, you can place static opjects to the plane! Now you just have to move the airfield circle around, til your plane is on the place of the airfield, where you want to have it, and place opjects to it.

There is still another way you can do it. Place a runway on you airfield (green arrow), and let start the plane there. Planes wich are about to scramble, it`s possible to place stuff beside. If you create just a very small runway, the engine will show up only one yellow board that bothered the scene.Now place the runway where you want on the airfield, and take 0 fuel, the plane will stop turning the prop. Or you jump in the plane and switch off the engine.

Dont forget toggle "Idly", otherwise the plane will start! With Idly, the plane stand still.

If the plane stand on the wrong side of the runway, and looks in the wrong direction, chance wind direction with 180 degr. The plane turns 180 degrees.

Now it works. Plane with static opjects.

Well I know, thats all a bit pain in the A.., but its the only way static stuff set to an airplane, Sure, it`s not for online and sever stuff. Only for yourself, working a bit in the FMB, playing with a nice scene, and make screenshots.
    Last edited by LARRY69; Jan-15-2018 at 07:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Thanks Larry, great instructions
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

9. Likes LARRY69 liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Thanks Larry,
    I am placing my aircraft just into trees, so I need the aircraft if they are formed outside of the airfield circle to be formed to fit just where I want them. I am not sure this placement by the game will put them there.
    Could I create 8 little mini runways ?
    Can you have a go see if its possible ?
    Here is my attempt with spawn points so far. I have to accept where the trees are, they are not where they should be for Caffiers.
    I also attach my mis file along with the skins that go into the Me109E3 folder.
    It only takes an edit of an item then when play I get corrupted cache, I need to delete cache contents then fly a single mission quick mission, then progress to FMB, if I go straight back to FMB Iit loads and I see grey sea, dk grey player plane in preview etc.
    use at your peril.
    Is the file wrong ? It was created carefully following PhilStyle then Dwallow (tangmere Pilots used same method)

I mowed the grass !! use grass runway 20m three times ! maybe this overlapping is the cause ?

I dare not move the starters near, the crane wasnt near yet a 109 vanished, moved it back a few feet and 109 reappeared.
    I want to have sandbagged walls round them, put oil cart next to one, a crane over another, remove the cowling.
    How do you remove the cowling ?
    This is the scene, its got atmosphere ! the trees and grass behind aircraft are the special ingredient for that extra wow factor. Framed Painting on the wall etc.
    Shame there are no Luft Groundcrew or decent aircrew to use.
    Damn shame it isnt coded that the static has to be within 3 ft of spawn point.
    What photo hosting prog are you using, as browse to pc method doesnt generate screen images as yours are.

shot_20180115_014354.jpg
    shot_20180115_214207.jpg
    shot_20180115_014447.jpg
    shot_20180115_213426.jpg
    shot_20180115_213313.jpg
    and a quick change of schemes to 6JG51, I love mottle
    shot_20180116_000551.jpg

I am so frustrated I cant place any statics anywhere near these.
    Can I do this with letting the sim place aircraft, maybe the bits of runway method ?

BOBC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-15-2018 at 19:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

I let Cliffs running in 3840x2160 60hz with a 4K monitor. So the res. are not quite the same.

I see you got still the 4.312 version of Cliffs. Any reasons? Just asking. Thanks for the mission, I took a look at your airfield and I will change some things, if that is o.k?! Should I post pictures here, or just give you the mission back where you can place static stuff to the planes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Have to choose a other airfield. In my TFS 4.5 the trees are chanced than in your 4.312 and the second reason is, the 109`s rolled the hill back down.

Last edited by LARRY69; Jan-18-2018 at 01:29.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi Larry,
    sorry didnt get a chance to reply last night, had a lot on, yes post pics here.

first of all , you managed it , wow !!! statics and flyable together
    I bet you had a real enjoyment creating these very atmospheric scenes, its what you do, as I also get a buzz out of doing so. I also enjoy flying and combat if skins look correct.

These are looking very good, I do love a camouflaged dispersal ! This will get others excited and keen on trying this.

Q1. How did you do that, I/we need to know, Can you do a talk through step by step ? vital !!

Q2. do post the Larry edited mis file for us to use.

I used 4.312 as Blitz has altered colours , certainly Spitfire etc colours now wrong, and wanted accurate colours for this photoshoot.

My aim was to recreate Caffiers as to how the aircraft noses were level with the small tree trunks, each aircraft between two trees, or two aircraft between two trees. Concealment was their aim. a/c must be between trees. I felt I had to stay to Caffiers for flying reasons.
    Their trees were thin trunks. Its the photo with the car and a white hollenhund on its side sat in front of 1+l, I have others taken from the grass looking at them. I see other airfields with same approach.
    I looked round Caffiers and used the woods north east.
    I did find aircraft started to roll backwards, also they would drop a wing, so I hit pause as soon as sim started !
    When I released pause they taxied and had prangs.

Q3. How do you do it, you even have cowlings off ! You have created some scenarios there I was dreaming of !

If I could copy paste that to another airfield, that would be useful, I cant even do multiple selection then copy paste, shift rmb drag zooms not selects. I need that zoom anyway as zom increments are terrible.
    Q4. How do you control zoom as its either too far out or in at worm level ! critical for fine placement of objects.

Q5. How do you post big pictures here ? what image host do you use ?

Q6. can I multiple select and paste this work of yours somewhere else ?

I would alter the skins to another unit on yours, as then that would not be Caffiers and be spot on !! and still use that location of yours.

I would then photo edit Luft groundcrew into that, by altering the uniforms, then post it in the stills thread.

The wehrmacht spoil it so editing them to Luft is vital or turn them off. Not much to do and makes a massive difference.

Q7. How do you open more than one canopy ?

Q8. how do you get figures into it, do you place each one ?

I wanted next to put wood or sandbag walls around some of the aircraft in the woods. This makes it possible I hope.

I would also have real swastikas on tails but understand you cant.,

This is most encouraging, so just how was it done ?

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-17-2018 at 19:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Here is the link for downloading the mission file. With TFS 4.312 it will look different. Maybe no trees there, and the long gras is elsewere, I don`t know. You must see. I use "photobucked" for showing the pictures, but there are many others you can use. All other questions I`ll answer later. Try and have a look.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6a9rq9...0s_version.mis

larry

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Q3: Place a small object, like a watering can or ladder close to the aircraft so when it spawns in those two objects "collision boxes" hit, those creating damage, like a cowling falling off.

Q8: There is a thread about it in here. Place something in your scene that will stand out, like a bike or torpedo, something you'll remember. Then open up the .mis, find those objects, and replace them with the text. It is trial and error to find which people are which. Make sure in your conf.ini you have HUMANS=1.

Don't have time to find the link, its somewhere though. Search for humans FMB or something like that. Maybe the thread about recreating an airfield.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    Larry....I am on the edge of my seat awaiting to see how you did this, as we all are, hope you have time soon.,

'69th_Spiritus_Mortem'...thanks, part of the skill is getting the zoom level right as one moment I am too far out then I am at worm level !
    Drawing out a zoom rectangle with shift button helps but then doesnt, it doesnt denote the area that will fill the screen.

Larry is master at this, how do you guys zoom to the level needed for fine placement of a tool and do you nudge it nearer until cowl pops off. Can we nudge items ?
    I presume a glycol can atop a step ladder has its Z value adjusted somewhere ?

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Calling for Larry69,
    Please dont forget you said you would let us know how you did these wonderful things above.
    Hope you havent got shot down and are POW,

update...I have run your .mis file and cannot see any aircraft, cannot se any icons for them, or actual aircraft. U see a user created runway rectangle. I see icons with explosions around them, two tabs static and actor, but thinking actor is the human, it isnt.
    I select fly and IMMEDIATELY pause yet aircraft are exploding.

immediatePause.jpg

Truly need you to explain how you did this 3 weeks later as unable to make a move at all at the moment.

Cheers and worried !

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Feb-04-2018 at 18:48.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

I fear Larry69 has gone down in the channel, and his knowledge is lost to us
    BOBC

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Larry,

You said above: "There is still another way you can do it. Place a runway on you airfield (green arrow), and let start the plane there. Planes wich are about to scramble, it`s possible to place stuff beside. If you create just a very small runway, the engine will show up only one yellow board that bothered the scene.Now place the runway where you want on the airfield, and take 0 fuel, the plane will stop turning the prop. Or you jump in the plane and switch off the engine."

To get rid of the yellow board I create a very small (or short - say 2 meters) runway like you do, but make it very wide - say 2000 meters. Then the yellow board disappears 1000 meters out of the way!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Larry, your .mis file link is a dead one

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post
    Larry,

You said above: "There is still another way you can do it. Place a runway on you airfield (green arrow), and let start the plane there. Planes wich are about to scramble, it`s possible to place stuff beside. If you create just a very small runway, the engine will show up only one yellow board that bothered the scene.Now place the runway where you want on the airfield, and take 0 fuel, the plane will stop turning the prop. Or you jump in the plane and switch off the engine."

To get rid of the yellow board I create a very small (or short - say 2 meters) runway like you do, but make it very wide - say 2000 meters. Then the yellow board disappears 1000 meters out of the way!
    Hope we hear from you soon., hypothermia must have set in by now !

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Hallo chaps, whats going on?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY69 View Post
    Hallo chaps, whats going on?
    Larry you are alive, thought we had lost you in the channel.

your link in #13, takes me to page saying:-
    Something appears to be missing…

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

I presume this happens to anyone, it certainly happens to me when I click the link, so anyone wishing to try the mis file gets this.

I was lucky and managed to get the mis file before this error page appeared., and I posted :-

Please dont forget you said you would let us know how you did these wonderful things above.
    Hope you havent got shot down and are POW,

update...I have run your .mis file and cannot see any aircraft, cannot se any icons for them, or actual aircraft. U see a user created runway rectangle. I see icons with explosions around them, two tabs static and actor, but thinking actor is the human, it isnt.
    I select fly and IMMEDIATELY pause yet aircraft are exploding.

I also found Larry that I could not put aircraft by tree as the tree conflicted and aircraft vanished and appeared parked elsewhere. yet you have equipment right next to aircraft.

Carbolicus has kindly added an idea on how to get aircraft into these very photogenic settings.
    Your images are stunning.

Glad you are back to help us.

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Aug-31-2018 at 19:53.