Thread: Tech Skin for static aircraft in FMB how do we access LW skins used in flying ac ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Tech Skin for static aircraft in FMB how do we access LW skins used in flying ac ?

Hi,
    Creating static aircraft in FMB but what about their skins, I see tech skin drop down box under properties when static aircraft selected, but how do we get a choice of skins in that comboList drop down box, those custom skins we are using for flight for example ?
    Currently my statics dont even have crosses on despite having chosen 109E4

I have opened the pdf manual and searched on
    Tech skin...nothing
    searched on tech..nothing
    searched on static...nothing.

BOBC

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Tech Skin for static aircraft in FMB how do we access LW skins used in flying ac

Any clever folk out there who can work out how to get static object tech skin drop down list to feature custom skins we use for flyers ?

we can get the sim to fly custom skins so can we not also get those into that drop down list ?

Pleeeeeese

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Re: Tech Skin for static aircraft in FMB how do we access LW skins used in flying ac

Hi, mate

You can do this:

1 - Select the aircraft you want (on the aircraft list, not static).

2 - Set it to spawn parked/idle and the waypoint just set to "Take-off" (don't create any other waypoint).

3 - Select your skin, turn on markings and that's it.

Don't mark it as the player plane. It will spawn parked on one of the 'spawn hooks' inside the airfield with engines off and a pilot inside and it will stay there as if it was static.

4. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I need to place it into trees etc, its easier to mess about with static aircraft from FMB static list than flyers, even if they are 'parked, as any static near them makes them vanish.
    Larry69 shows he has won through on this but we await the method being shown.

To manage to get flyer custom skins on the statics would be very useful., far less fiddling about and also they put up with the uneven ground found at such wooded locations.

BOBC

6. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    I need to place it into trees etc, its easier to mess about with static aircraft from FMB static list than flyers, even if they are 'parked, as any static near them makes them vanish.

To manage to get flyer custom skins on the statics would be very useful., far less fiddling about and also they put up with the uneven ground found at such wooded locations.

BOBC
    Will talk to the guys if this is something we can enable for the FMB (selectable skins for static planes like in 1946).

8. Likes LARRY69, SirAthlon, major_setback liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by danperin View Post
    Will talk to the guys if this is something we can enable for the FMB (selectable skins for static planes like in 1946).
    If TF can do that it will be fantastic, also need the 'historic markings' fix to work for the fins to complete the picture, so much potential opened up if so.

BOBC

10. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

If TF can do that it will be fantastic, also need the 'historic markings' fix to work for the fins to complete the picture, so much potential opened up if so.

BOBC
    Just PMed a mate who can look at this skin thing. No news about the markings...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Hi,

BOBC
    Take in mind that, as he have stated many times in his posts, Larry put in pause the mission immediately soon as it starts so stuffs remains visible before they disappear\vanish and then he take the screenshots while the game is paused. Do you remember, for example, when he posted the image of the He 111 dropping a torpedo? He have done in this way. ( if I remember correctly what he wrote )
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

13. Likes danperin liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi Danperin, any news from your 'mate' ?

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Hi Danperin, any news from your 'mate' ?

Cheers

BOBC
    Hi, BOBC...unfortunately, to make this possible it would need some hard coding and the code guys are more concerned with another areas by now...
    Last edited by danperin; Jun-27-2018 at 16:47.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

What I do is create a new airfield on top of the default one (eg Caffiers), create a runway for it which is 2000 meters (say) wide but only 2 meters long (the big width is to make sure those annoying yellow flags are well out of the way!), put the centre of that runway where you want your static aircraft, and then place a flyable aircraft with whatever custom skin you want on it set to take off but with zero fuel.

Doing this I've set up several effectively static Jg 26 109s complete with custom skins (including historical tail markings) exactly where I want among the trees, under camouflage netting etc. Being flyable you can of course Alt/F1 into the cockpits and open the hoods - looks great in screenshots.

I posted a thread about about this in the General Discussion section - don't know if BOBC saw this as it's what he was trying to do.
    Last edited by carbolicus; Jun-22-2018 at 07:52.

17. Likes ATAG_Flare, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

BOBC
    If you want historic German tail markings then unfortunately you wont get them.
    International publication laws would prevent sales in several countries if Swastikas were enabled (though excuse me if I misunderstood your post).
    Germany, Israel, Finland among other counties do not allow sales featuring these historically correct symbols. Neither can we be seen to allow the enabling of such symbols.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

19. Likes danperin liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    Neither can we be seen to allow the enabling of such symbols.
    I understand why they're not included, but BOS 'mods enabled' has allowed users to have skins including proper historical markings. Could it not be similar for Cliffs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Sturm View Post
    I understand why they're not included, but BOS 'mods enabled' has allowed users to have skins including proper historical markings. Could it not be similar for Cliffs?
    I'm not sure why you are asking TFS, as I stated we cannot be seen to aid the use of those historic symbols.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

I'm not sure why you are asking TFS, as I stated we cannot be seen to aid the use of those historic symbols.
    Are BOS and Cliffs not essentially under the same roof now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

If you want historic German tail markings then unfortunately you wont get them.
    International publication laws would prevent sales in several countries if Swastikas were enabled (though excuse me if I misunderstood your post).
    Germany, Israel, Finland... <snip>
    At risk of being "that person", I know Finland swapped their aircraft markings to roundels after WW2, though I was under the impression that they continue to use the symbol in a number of military decorations and flags, and indeed a stylised version in the canton of their presidential flag! It would be rather odd for them to be sensitive about how other people use it unless that use is clearly to cause offense.
    Last edited by Pans; Jun-28-2018 at 19:41. Reason: Clarification

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

we cannot be seen to aid the use of those historic symbols.
    TF obviously cannot include historic tail markings in the sim as released, if it is acessible to countries who deny accurate markings, but an independent coder can then enable historic markings on the tail, as indeed was done a few years ago for CoD. for users who wish to complete their aircraft, they look stupid and bare without them. We are only recreating aircraft as they were, no different to scale modelling where kit manufacturers dont include such in the kit but independent decal makers produce them and modellers then apply them. No different to the profile drawings in books that feature them and such books are sold worldwide.
    As such as long as independent coders can do their thing then all is good.

Are you saying however TF have to go beyond the non inclusion and actually code COD to bar any coder from managing to create an 'add-on'. That would be like applying some special surface to the kits to disallow decals to stick ! There is no need to do that , thats going beyond what is necessary with no statutory requirement to do so, as no law yet states suppliers of the aircraft have to deny independent artists an ability to apply markings if they so wish.

There is nothing to stop a skinner creating a skin with a hakenkreuz on it and flying it, no coding can look for black/white artwork in the tail area and block it. Selecting one skin per aircraft in the FMB, gets you a flight with complete markings. or is CoD going to be developed to disallow even skins ?

Else create a CoD version for UK and USA etc download, and another for barred countries download.

BOBC

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Are you saying however

BOBC
    No. He's not.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Arthursmedley View Post
    No. He's not.
    Hope so, it was the wording <<we cannot be seen to aid the use of those historic symbols>> that could infer such 'extra measures'., as opposed to <<we cannot be supplying those historic symbols>>

BOBC