Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

Blitz 4.5 Reshade settings.

Hi, haven't posted in a while. Did some settings with SweetFX in the past and these worked well I believed. Could not get Reshade to work for what seemed forever but recently tried and got it going with Blitz. The effects are finer than SweetFX and the best part is the Deband effect which almost eliminates the horrible graduations in the sky. Night scenes are difficult because of contrast. As always though the added effects are global so what looked great in the morning looks bleached at midday and saturated at dusk. Despite this I present here my first offering. I think it's O.K. but it has a fair way to go yet. You must start somewhere, I know that. A definite improvement!

I downloaded the program "Reshade 3.1.0.231 by Crosire" from "https://reshade.me/"

Follow instructions and if still problems check on forums, some great information and very patient enthusiasts out there prepared to help.

Once the game is running I click Shift and the F2 key to bring up the main box and can then tick off the effects required and below this make adjustments to the appropriate effects as it plays to see the changes happen.
    At present I only use nine effects as these ones I like and this also speeds up the loading time. Although awkward I will give the settings at this stage purely as numbers that you can change yourself. This will show you
    while playing the subtle changes involved. Give it a go and I will try improving things as time allows. On my system pressing scroll lock key switches between vanilla and Cassata Royale versions. Enjoy!

Version 1

Clarity.fx
    Hard Light
    OFF
    OFF

Colourfulness.fx

Curves.fx
    Both Luma & Chroma
    Sine

Deband.fx

FXAA.fx

LumaSharpen.fx
    Normal
    Off

SMAA.fx
    Colour edge detection
    None

Tonemap.fx
    R: 76 G:62 B: 195
    Defog Color (R: 76 G:62 B: 195)
    (H: 174 S: 174 V: 195)

Vibrance:fx
    0.400 1.400 3.800
    Last edited by Markie; Jan-13-2018 at 03:25.

2. Likes MezzA, 9./JG52 Sturm liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Re: Blitz 4.5 Reshade settings.

Thanks for this post Markie , i am a big fan of reshade . I will try your settings to see if i can get any more improvement on my ones

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Meyer View Post
    Thanks for this post Markie , i am a big fan of reshade . I will try your settings to see if i can get any more improvement on my ones

Hals und beinbruch
    Not like you need much of an invitation to tinker Meyer

5. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Ooooer guess what Sturm ? I buggered it up
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

7. Likes PreyStalker, BOO liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Markie, what are you aiming for with these settings? Best looking or best practically e.g. distant spotting?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    34.74 MB

That is a hard one to answer because I don't know if you have loaded them and used them, you like them or not, what you are aiming for and find acceptable. I really want a compromise, as we know these often end up suiting nobody in fact. An unholy mess!!! I know that because I'm married. There are the those looking at it aesthetically and those looking at it practically. Which is more important? Ten people, ten opinions. If of course it hampers playing it is definitely a backwards step and to be avoided. I miss things like everyone else. I can see problems with my settings already however I do not like the washed out and blurry default settings we are supposed to enjoy. There are those who are nostalgic and say it doesn't have the authentic feel, sorry but to me things were not sepia toned or monochromatic or technicolor then. The colours much the same as today looking out the window. I do as much as possible go outside and compare the game to reality and that is the standard by which to aspire to. That is colours and resolution, shadows and glare etc. Distance, haze, silhouettes are very difficult. So the answer to the question is for me to hit the look first and play second, that is chronologically - to me neither is more important than the other. The gamer will be horrified with this response I know but in trying to satisfy everyone few will be in the end. Spotting planes for example is a biggie for many especially in the multiplayer world of harsh competition. I will slowly tweak things, the current settings are O.K. for now for me at least. Everyone's monitor settings and preferences are different too. Lighting conditions change during the day also. I am currently writing a book (nothing to do with flying at all) and a "friend" ripped into me about everything, nothing was right with it. I said to him that any book I write is better than any book he hadn't. That shut him down quickly. He immediately shifted his gaze to the ground. I do take constructive criticism but I need reasoning and examples to go with it not generalisations like it just needs fixing. Also when I say to people "what would you like?'' some believe it is time to give me a wish list that must be fulfilled. It is not. This is a beautiful game where all the components are at various levels of competency as though made by many teams and put together. Other games about seem more consistent to me, again only my opinion. One way to make it more realistic is to hit the settings on Reshade or SweetFX as well as have the great cockpits, skins, landscape, weather etc. Ambient sounds, physics, handling too...everything a contributing factor. I will continue on it and see how it develops. Good question, thanks!

10. Likes 9./JG52 Sturm, 9./JG52_Meyer liked this post