Thread: Well, I've gone and done it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    315.48 MB

Well, I've gone and done it...

Finally got round to ordering a set of MFG Crosswinds... Hopefully I will get them in around a month.
    They should last long enough to see me out. They better at that bloody price!
    They will be the 4th set of rudder pedals I have owned, and my CH pro's are rather knackered now
    Anyone else got a set? They seem to be about the best out there for the money...

MFGCrosswind_Rudder_Pedals.jpg

2. Likes ATAG_Highseas, 69th_SunDog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    989.92 MB

Re: Well, I've gone and done it...

Overhyped and overpriced.

Check this instead: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...3/#entry381890
    No. 303 RF-H (P3939) - Sgt Stefan Wójtowicz

Monitor: Eizo EV2455 24.1" CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.3 Ghz Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING RAM: DDR4 Corsair 16GB 3200MHz Vengeance GPU: Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock 8GB HDD: WD 1TB Blue SSD: GOODRAM 240GB Iridium PRO PSU: Corsair Corsair RM550X 550W Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Throttle: CH Pro Throttle Rudder: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals Tracking: TrackIR 5 + LaserClip

4. Dislikes QB.Creep disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I got em about a year ago... and absolutely LOVE them. smooth as silk, high quality, strong and simple to set up... I calibrated them the first time I connected them and haven't had to touch them since.

I was using CH pedals up until I made the switch to MFGs so the step up in precision was PROFOUND. You will be able to make the slightest of rudder adjustments with ease. pulling and holding lead on a target is a joy rather than a chore and a struggle.

worth.every.cent.

6. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

They look lovely.

I got a set of Slaw 109 Cam pedals 18 months back...

love em to bits !
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jan-11-2018 at 14:36.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper117 View Post
    Finally got round to ordering a set of MFG Crosswinds... Hopefully I will get them in around a month.
    They should last long enough to see me out. They better at that bloody price!
    They will be the 4th set of rudder pedals I have owned, and my CH pro's are rather knackered now
    Anyone else got a set? They seem to be about the best out there for the money...

As far as i can tell you cant go wrong with any of these high end pedals.

I had a set of CH pro for a while, and then it was a chice bnetween the Crosswinds and the Slaw pedals

Went with the Slaw 109 pedals (despite only flying Allied !)

totally love em.

The crosswinds have superb reviews as well.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    315.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by fury1ord View Post
    Overhyped and overpriced.

Check this instead: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...3/#entry381890
    I checked out most of the pedals on the market I reckon, they are certainly going towards the higher end of the market, but I'm sick of buying cheaper pedals and have them wear out.
    That's why I opted for a more expensive and better constructed pair with a more durable and hopefully longer life span.

As for the BRD F3's, I ruled them out early on, along with the other higher end sets.

@ Biggs, you seem to be saying what I have been seeing from most other users, who I might add came up with a couple of gripes, but found easy ways to modify the setup to their individual tastes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I checked out most of the pedals on the market I reckon, they are certainly going towards the higher end of the market, but I'm sick of buying cheaper pedals and have them wear out.
    That's why I opted for a more expensive and better constructed pair with a more durable and hopefully longer life span.

As for the BRD F3's, I ruled them out early on, along with the other higher end sets.

@ Biggs, you seem to be saying what I have been seeing from most other users, who I might add came up with a couple of gripes, but found easy ways to modify the setup to their individual tastes.
    From what I have read about them they will last you for a long long while yet.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

11. Likes Trooper117 liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Very happy owner of some overhyped and overpriced pedals here. About 1700 hrs on them and since the initial calibration. Milan's communications were excellent too and not at all overhyped or overpriced..

Any quality rudder pedal is going to improve your experience - at first you almost feel like you're cheating!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    315.48 MB

lol, believe me, as someone who is now retired and out of work, I definitely go out of my way to minimise any cost for my hobbies...
    I also realise that for any higher end product there is going to be a higher cost to go with it, unfortunately.
    I think in the long run though I will be saving money if these pedals have a much longer lifespan.

14. Likes BOO, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    not at all overhyped or overpriced..
    I was thinking something like that.. (not that i have tried croswinds... but ive read a lot !)

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Trooper, buy yourself a chopping board in IKEA, however, to bolt them on (that's what I did with mine), as with low weight and narrow base, they're not really very stable compared to full metal sets. Chopping board solves the issue in the fastest and cheapest way, though .

17. Likes Trooper117, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

lol, believe me, as someone who is now retired and out of work, I definitely go out of my way to minimise any cost for my hobbies..
    Trooper...I just wanted to say...Flight simming is one of the cheapest hobbies you can get...If you compare it against Fishing, golf, RC aircraft, guitars, etc where you sometimes have costs on a weekly basis...Once you have the rig (and that's the big out cost) and once you have the peripherals...ie, sticks ,headtracker, headset. etc...then this is probably the cheapest hobby you'll find...You buy an update now and then (when TFS charge for it) and fly at the same cost of having an internet connection...

You can also...if you're clever convince the missus that the big costly PC you need to run a flight sim is the normal cost just for a decent PC for her to facebook with...

Geesh....I hope she doesn't see this post...!

Although on the other hand...when she asks why you spend so much time gaming...I always say...'Yeah...You're right...I should be down the pub every night like the other guys...'
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

19. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Pienoir liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    315.48 MB

No worries chaps
    After a succession of joysticks and rudder pedals over the years that have worn out, I had come to the conclusion that I would have to shake the mushrooms out of my bank balance and shell out for something more upmarket!
    Got my Warthog system last year, so this year it's the turn of the rudder pedals...

And yes, my stock answer for years to the long haired sergeant major has always been along similar lines as your remark Lew!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    407.33 MB

It's night and day. I used the Saitek and recently started using the Crosswinds love them! You will see worth every penny.

Sparky

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Like the others said, you may want to consider bolting it down on a piece of plywood... It's footprint is narrow in the front and wider in the back... so if you push the rudder with a lot of heel pressure, it will tip a bit on you...

I've still yet to anchor mine down... I just try and keep my pressure on the balls of my feet and it stays rock solid to the floor.

But that's basically the only 'issue' with this set of pedals.

23. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

When I had carpet, I Velcro’ed the MFG’s and they never moved an inch. I abused them mercilessly with no give at all. Swapped out to wooden floors, I got one of those large plastic mats and double velro’ed them down and again, dont move an inch. I slam those pedals like the throttle of my old Holden V8. Love Velcro and the MFG’s.

MFG Crosswinds and the Warthog gear are like Scarlet Johanssen and myself. Perfectly matched.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

25. Likes Bart_NL, gonk, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Spook, was about to hit the like button for your post, then read the last sentence.

I truly am now lost for words...

Thanks for the laugh!

27. Likes SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Had mine for a few years now all I can say is you will love them. You should congratulate yourself on your excellent decision-making

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Making sure they dont move is as the others say, the only real problem.... and its not like its a non solveable one !

I used to have mine sat with a board between them and the wall... worked fine.

Now I have a chair bolted to a pair of wooden rails with a plate at the foor end with my Slaws bolted on.

It's great, but a bit more intrusive... still... who cares right?

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post

MFG Crosswinds and the Warthog gear are like Scarlet Johanssen and myself. Perfectly matched.
    Yeah?...This guy thought he was perfectly matched too!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.21 MB

Actually, as member of the Fez club (the little hat that came with my VKB Gunfighter stick) I have to disagree with Spook. (That may cost me.) The combination of the Gunfighter and Crosswinds has enhanced the enjoyment (read much more steady sight reticle) of this game. I've had 2 Saitek peddles over the years and there really isn't any comparison.
    Which brings up another point, I've had 2 Saitek rudder peddles over the years and both had loosened up. And neither had the ability to be adjusted the way Crosswinds can be. I don't expect I'll be needing to replace either the Crosswinds or the Gunfighter any time soon. Which is a future savings applicable to a new PC.
    You do indeed get what you pay for.
    Add the Pro stand to the mix and you're really going to make your virtual life easier on yourself.
    AKA Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Target View Post
    Actually, as member of the Fez club (the little hat that came with my VKB Gunfighter stick) I have to disagree with Spook. (That may cost me.) The combination of the Gunfighter and Crosswinds has enhanced the enjoyment (read much more steady sight reticle) of this game. I've had 2 Saitek peddles over the years and there really isn't any comparison.
    Which brings up another point, I've had 2 Saitek rudder peddles over the years and both had loosened up. And neither had the ability to be adjusted the way Crosswinds can be. I don't expect I'll be needing to replace either the Crosswinds or the Gunfighter any time soon. Which is a future savings applicable to a new PC.
    You do indeed get what you pay for.
    Add the Pro stand to the mix and you're really going to make your virtual life easier on yourself.
    Your 100% right Target!

......that will cost you dearly!
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Trooper, you will love them. MFG Crosswinds are the best over-hyped overpriced decision I ever made. Some may think they are expensive, but you get what you pay for and they are not overpriced one penny. I had the Saitek pedals and they were ok, but there is no comparing them to the MFGs.
    I wish I would have saved the 100$ + I paid for the Saiteks and purchased my MFGs 2 years earlier. Anyone who has never owned them can only give an opinion of what they have read unless they have tried a friends. Honestly, I have never read a bad comment or a bad review about MFG Crosswinds.
    Milan is the nicest person to deal with and super helpful with any questions. I bought all of the cams and honestly as others have said here, I did the initial calibration and manual spring settings and physical pedal positioning and I have never recalibrated or changed anything since. I have never even
    tried the other 2 cams(save your money) as the stock one is perfect. I wouldn't trade them or sell them for the world. Once you have them and try them in all the different sims you fly, you will be the newest MFG FanBoy. I guarantee it. Let us know your feedback please, although I already know you
    are going to Love them. You made an Excellent choice Mate' .

S!Blade<><

34. Likes ATAG_Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

[...]
    [...]
    What is wrong with the BRD F3's? I'm considering some rudder pedals and the BRD's seem pretty damn good and cheaper than the MFG.
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

36. Likes 9./JG52 Sturm liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I did have a pair but sold them a couple of years after I thought I was done with simming (and got more than I paid for them). There's no question about the quality, they were superb. I'm now using a set of the TM ones and they do a decent enough job.