Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Radio Frequency Congestion

  1. #1
    Supporting Member Baffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.96 MB

    Radio Frequency Congestion

    Frequency congestion seems to be an increasingly pervasive problem in the main "Allied Forces" TeamSpeak3 channel. It's always helpful to hear reports of Traffic, enemy contacts (with location and altitude, please) and current status like "time left to play". However, it gets old really fast when the radio is a non-stop (Play by play) report of some player's flying combat. Radio calls like "Pulling up... firing... hits... he's gonna turn right..." are really disruptive when a lot of people are in the game. Let your score speak for you. Brevity is clarity!

    Some players are speaking as Command and Control elements on our radio channel designed for individual reports. If you want to play squadron commander, consider a "discrete" channel in TeamSpeak. Telling someone else what to do in a game like ours is more likely to alienate the subordinate player, unless you have an agreement on command and control resonsibilities with him. Be polite, not bossy.

    Finally, if you ask someone for his location, altitude, etc., and he doesn't answer, don't keep calling him over and over. He's busy!
    Baffin...
    ““Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”" Winston Churchill

    Intel I7-7800X at 4.6 GHz on ASUS TUF X299 Mk 1 motherboard in CoolerMaster HAF X Case with 1.3 KW PSU. 32 GB 2666 MHz Ballistix DDR4 RAM, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 internal SSD. 1 TB WD HD for backups. MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming 11G @ 2000 MHz core speed with 11,500 MHz memory speed at 4K on LG 55" TV OLED 55C7P @ 24" focal distance (≈90° FOV). CLoD sounds via Realtek HD sound thru Sony 5.1 receiver. TeamSpeak voices through earbuds. TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with stick extended 90mm, Saitek Pro Combat pedals, Saitek X-52 as trims and accessories controller, Buttkicker Gamer II feel system, VAC system voice control, Windows 10 Pro x64.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    672.88 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    I get what you're saying, however the nature of the general allied/axis channels means it's a catch all. My own squad's comms gets congested with non-relevant chat on some occasions with just 4-7 people on, Groove's always telling us to focus, so for a channel with 20+ it's virtually inevitable.

  3. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
  4. #3
    Supporting Member BOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Posts
    2,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5
    Total Downloaded
    974.32 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Whispers help between regular wingmen -

    Just don't be lazy about it - setting a "Whisper All" or binding the whisper to the same key as you PTT is more annoying even than C&C in general coms. There is nothing more annoying than a one way conversation!

    But of course it does rely on pressing buttons and not voice activation so that's never gonna happen is it!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV plus 7" Cheapo sub monitor, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo, I5 6600K @ 4.4Ghz on a Coolermaster 212 Evo, EVGA 1060 SC, 16B Vengeance DDR4 RAM @3000Mhz, Couple of meh SSDs, Corsair 550W CX PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, MS Sidewinder 2, EDtracker pro.


    " Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

  5. Likes ATAG_Highseas, Baffin liked this post
  6. #4
    ATAG Member ATAG_Highseas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Peurto del Slade, UK
    Posts
    3,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    485.11 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Frequency congestion seems to be an increasingly pervasive problem in the main "Allied Forces" TeamSpeak3 channel. It's always helpful to hear reports of Traffic, enemy contacts (with location and altitude, please) and current status like "time left to play". However, it gets old really fast when the radio is a non-stop (Play by play) report of some player's flying combat. Radio calls like "Pulling up... firing... hits... he's gonna turn right..." are really disruptive when a lot of people are in the game. Let your score speak for you. Brevity is clarity!

    Some players are speaking as Command and Control elements on our radio channel designed for individual reports. If you want to play squadron commander, consider a "discrete" channel in TeamSpeak. Telling someone else what to do in a game like ours is more likely to alienate the subordinate player, unless you have an agreement on command and control resonsibilities with him. Be polite, not bossy.

    Finally, if you ask someone for his location, altitude, etc., and he doesn't answer, don't keep calling him over and over. He's busy!

    "Help im being attacked"

    "location and altitude?"

    "erm... erm... I think I'm in France... erm... no... England... oh no I'm being attacked still... help... help me"



    I really have to stop doing that...
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jan-13-2018 at 16:33.


    - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E - i7-8700k -
    - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz -
    - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC -
    - CORSAIR 850W RMx Series PSU -
    - Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler -
    - VKB Gunfighter with TM Warthog Grip -
    (now with low calorie sugar free extension)
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Switch Panel -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Throttle Quadrant and Trim Box -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Light Panel Switch Box -
    - TrackIR 5 -
    - ED-Tracker for when the sun shines out of, I mean... from behind -


    (Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey)

  7. #5
    Supporting Member Baffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.96 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Sturm View Post
    I get what you're saying, however the nature of the general allied/axis channels means it's a catch all. My own squad's comms gets congested with non-relevant chat on some occasions with just 4-7 people on, Groove's always telling us to focus, so for a channel with 20+ it's virtually inevitable.
    The only thing that is inevitable is the fact that it will never improve if we do not try. We can all "Focus" a little more and teach the new players when they start messing up. Chat will always happen because most of us enjoy it and it only becomes a problem when we don't know when to shut up.
    Baffin...
    ““Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”" Winston Churchill

    Intel I7-7800X at 4.6 GHz on ASUS TUF X299 Mk 1 motherboard in CoolerMaster HAF X Case with 1.3 KW PSU. 32 GB 2666 MHz Ballistix DDR4 RAM, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 internal SSD. 1 TB WD HD for backups. MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming 11G @ 2000 MHz core speed with 11,500 MHz memory speed at 4K on LG 55" TV OLED 55C7P @ 24" focal distance (≈90° FOV). CLoD sounds via Realtek HD sound thru Sony 5.1 receiver. TeamSpeak voices through earbuds. TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with stick extended 90mm, Saitek Pro Combat pedals, Saitek X-52 as trims and accessories controller, Buttkicker Gamer II feel system, VAC system voice control, Windows 10 Pro x64.

  8. #6
    ATAG Member ATAG_Highseas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Peurto del Slade, UK
    Posts
    3,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    485.11 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    The only thing that is inevitable is the fact that it will never improve if we do not try. We can all "Focus" a little more and teach the new players when they start messing up. Chat will always happen because most of us enjoy it and it only becomes a problem when we don't know when to shut up.
    That is relative to what you see as improvement.

    For some that means a heightened level of discipline.

    For others it means a heighten level of having a laugh. (again relative to what you see as being a laugh)

    my take on this is as long as you are not being unpleasant or clogging the chat... speak freely and have fun... it is after all where many of us actually meet socially.

    last thing i want to see is a chat system that isnt particualry inviting if you want to ask a few questions... (essential for new pilots.)


    - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E - i7-8700k -
    - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz -
    - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC -
    - CORSAIR 850W RMx Series PSU -
    - Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler -
    - VKB Gunfighter with TM Warthog Grip -
    (now with low calorie sugar free extension)
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Switch Panel -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Throttle Quadrant and Trim Box -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Light Panel Switch Box -
    - TrackIR 5 -
    - ED-Tracker for when the sun shines out of, I mean... from behind -


    (Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey)

  9. Dislikes Gamecock78W disliked this post
  10. #7
    Supporting Member Baffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.96 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Rudeness is relative... But no matter what, there will be people who just don't care what anyone else thinks. Hopefully, reading threads like this one will reinforce the idea that we're not just yakkin' on the 'phone when using TeamSpeak and that a modicum of consideration for each other goes a long way in improving everyone's gaming experience. It's simply common courtesy not to tie up the "Party Line". (Remember Party Lines?)
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-13-2018 at 21:39.
    Baffin...
    ““Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”" Winston Churchill

    Intel I7-7800X at 4.6 GHz on ASUS TUF X299 Mk 1 motherboard in CoolerMaster HAF X Case with 1.3 KW PSU. 32 GB 2666 MHz Ballistix DDR4 RAM, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 internal SSD. 1 TB WD HD for backups. MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming 11G @ 2000 MHz core speed with 11,500 MHz memory speed at 4K on LG 55" TV OLED 55C7P @ 24" focal distance (≈90° FOV). CLoD sounds via Realtek HD sound thru Sony 5.1 receiver. TeamSpeak voices through earbuds. TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with stick extended 90mm, Saitek Pro Combat pedals, Saitek X-52 as trims and accessories controller, Buttkicker Gamer II feel system, VAC system voice control, Windows 10 Pro x64.

  11. Likes ATAG_Septic, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
  12. #8
    Veteran Combat pilot TWC_Sp00k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.62 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Its not reasonable to expect Combat discipline communications on a general channel like the ATAG main. Pilots get excited and then they are focused on their little part of the world and transferring their “excitement” to the rest of us. Most are guilty of it at some point, including the more experienced of us.

    Then you have Squadrons on main and despite havin whisper there will always be a little Squadron specific chat come over main. Then you have the help questions which are encouraged and most of the time, dragged down a channel to clear Comms Or the general chit chat that comes from all quarters of the online community about engine temps, aircraft speeds, someone having another beer etc etc. All part of the reason, the community exists -Communication, the wanted and unwanted.

    It will be a known quantity in the main so long as there are pilots flying.

    As with the JG boys, the TWC Channel Comms are the same. Always inane chattter encountered enroute to target or a flight seperated from the pack calling out coords of a battle that is many miles away from the Squadron majority.

    We use a code word to effect Combat Comms discipline. It’s usually restricted to the primary Squadron flight lead Wo coordinates the flight leaders of all present TWC flights. On hearing that term repeated twice, all TWC Comms chatter ceases until the end of the Flight leads message. 99% of the time it works.

    We also employ whisper channels to our Flight Leaders so we can coordinate multiple TWC flights in the same Area of Operations. While all thats possible with a Squadron, its never going to wash in the main ATAG channel.

    As Boo stated, whispers are your only real option in there outside of a Squadron specific Comms channel to ensure you have clear communication when needed.
    Last edited by TWC_Sp00k; Jan-13-2018 at 22:09.

  13. Likes ATAG_Ohms liked this post
  14. #9
    Supporting Member Vlerkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,777
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Not normally a problem on the axis side, always pretty empty.

    Bonus is more beer for those that turn up
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

    If it's brown, shoot it down!

  15. Likes BOO, gonk liked this post
  16. #10
    Supporting Member DoubleStandards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.88 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    I agree that on a public channel comms discipline like some of us have on private channels is a lot to ask for. What I don't think is a lot to ask for is some common decency and sense. I truly am glad that you are in the fight of your life with a hurricanes at Littlestone and I approve of all the maneuvers you and you wingman have made in this incredible sortie, but I'm trailing all of TWC escorting 69th Blennies heading to French point and can't get a word in to let the team know I need help. TS isn't there just to make your flight time more enjoyable, its there for everyone's use.


    DS

  17. #11
    Supporting Member DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Almonte, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Rudeness is relative... But no matter what, there will be people who just don't care what anyone else thinks. Hopefully, reading threads like this one will reinforce the idea that we're not just yakkin' on the 'phone when using TeamSpeak and that a modicum of consideration for each other goes a long way in improving everyone's gaming experience. It's simply common courtesy not to tie up the "Party Line". (Remember Party Lines?)
    Me, Baffin?

    Is this about bomber formations with everyone on comms?

  18. #12
    ATAG Member ATAG_Highseas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Peurto del Slade, UK
    Posts
    3,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    485.11 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleStandards View Post
    I agree that on a public channel comms discipline like some of us have on private channels is a lot to ask for. What I don't think is a lot to ask for is some common decency and sense. I truly am glad that you are in the fight of your life with a hurricanes at Littlestone and I approve of all the maneuvers you and you wingman have made in this incredible sortie, but I'm trailing all of TWC escorting 69th Blennies heading to French point and can't get a word in to let the team know I need help. TS isn't there just to make your flight time more enjoyable, its there for everyone's use.


    DS
    Common decency is pretty much core to everything.

    Irrespective of whether you are playing a computer game, standing at the bus stop waiting to go to town, or anything else you can imagine doing.




    When I first started this I had an evening where I was heavilly berated for asking a question.

    This was by someone who will remain nameless but who I really don't much care for. (x 1,000)

    I almost didn't return.

    but... a week or so later there I was again. And I was listening to Dave and Lewis happilly chatting away and I chipped in... and then Wow !! With a load of other guys I flew from Le-Havre to I dunno... some other place in Franceland, the chat was great... and I had a brilliant evening. This was all on the main Allied TS channel.

    I was hooked.

    without that... ? I very much doubt I would be here now.



    The main ATAG main TS channel should be a reasonable blend of the serious and the fun.

    Personally I think it is.


    - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E - i7-8700k -
    - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz -
    - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC -
    - CORSAIR 850W RMx Series PSU -
    - Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler -
    - VKB Gunfighter with TM Warthog Grip -
    (now with low calorie sugar free extension)
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Switch Panel -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Throttle Quadrant and Trim Box -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) Light Panel Switch Box -
    - TrackIR 5 -
    - ED-Tracker for when the sun shines out of, I mean... from behind -


    (Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey)

  19. Likes ATAG_Pattle, DeanH, gonk, mca2 liked this post
  20. #13
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Tweed Heads, Australia
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    152.79 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Jus' throwin'this out there,
    but do you think it would be possible to have a 'universally' acknowledged priority key phrase? Y'know what I mean? Like "mayday mayday" or something, where all acknowledge the call as a priority that overrides generic "commentary" and/or banter till there's a conclusive resolution? - part of the understanding that we're on a sharted main channel? Edit: (edited to fix sharted, but thought it was funny that a little "t " can make such a mess of things! LOL)

    Like I said, just throwin'it - to see if it might stick a little. Edit: ( ugh! no relation to the sharted edit!!)

    Cheers
    Dean
    Last edited by DeanH; Jan-14-2018 at 01:31.

  21. #14
    Supporting Member BOO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Posts
    2,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5
    Total Downloaded
    974.32 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    A large part of the problem is the limited player/server base. But in a good way. ATAG is all things to all men and its popular. New players are encouraged to use it to help them whilst a lot of other players come on here to socialise and get away from their RL concerns. That really shouldn't change.

    The problem comes on fuller servers where a player takes over C&C for their element and the coms traffic increases as a result.

    Many times a group of players will hang out together in a loose but discrete collections. This is perhaps when a move to a sub channel may be a good idea for the duration of the alliance.

    .
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV plus 7" Cheapo sub monitor, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo, I5 6600K @ 4.4Ghz on a Coolermaster 212 Evo, EVGA 1060 SC, 16B Vengeance DDR4 RAM @3000Mhz, Couple of meh SSDs, Corsair 550W CX PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, MS Sidewinder 2, EDtracker pro.


    " Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

  22. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Tibsun liked this post
  23. #15
    Supporting Member DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Almonte, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    I thought people liked the collective flying, and I try not to hyjack comms.

    No more from me.


    Thanks for the heads up.

  24. #16
    Supporting Member Baffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.96 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    I think our work here is done... The point of this thread was simply to get players to think about what they are saying on the TeamSpeak channel. I was not targeting any particular speaker (although I have my favorites like everyone else), but I was pointing out that there is a time and a place for B.S. 'ing on the air. It just seemed to be getting out of control on the day I posted this thread.

    About flight lead communications, less is better. Actual formation flight has the advantage of visual signals like wing rocks, rudder flutter and hand signals but that is hard in everyday CLoD missions. Transmitting turn instructions, altitudes and positions is to be avoided, but if you must, you must. Remember that the wingman's duty is to say "Two", "Bingo" and be there! If leader makes a left turn and the wingman misses it... well he isn't much of a wingman. Prompting another pilot how to fly is very bad form, indeed. Just tell him where he needs to be is enough. It's up to him to jockey the throttle, stick, rudder, prop etc. to comply with lead's orders.

    Asking for and transmitting power settings, radiator settings, etc., is just not done and sounds very amateurish on the air. You're here... Your Leader's there... you should be able to do what's necessary to get from here to there. No questions are necessary.

    I'm as guilty as anyone of telling "War Stories" while traversing the channel, but I hope I shut up when someone starts to seriously communicate about the game in progress. If not, scold me... I'll cry, but I'll get over it.
    Baffin...
    ““Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”" Winston Churchill

    Intel I7-7800X at 4.6 GHz on ASUS TUF X299 Mk 1 motherboard in CoolerMaster HAF X Case with 1.3 KW PSU. 32 GB 2666 MHz Ballistix DDR4 RAM, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 internal SSD. 1 TB WD HD for backups. MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming 11G @ 2000 MHz core speed with 11,500 MHz memory speed at 4K on LG 55" TV OLED 55C7P @ 24" focal distance (≈90° FOV). CLoD sounds via Realtek HD sound thru Sony 5.1 receiver. TeamSpeak voices through earbuds. TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with stick extended 90mm, Saitek Pro Combat pedals, Saitek X-52 as trims and accessories controller, Buttkicker Gamer II feel system, VAC system voice control, Windows 10 Pro x64.

  25. #17
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.09 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Maybe when people currently fly to together or decide to run a fighter or bomber sortie could change to a different channel to not disturb the "general" room.
    Instruction can be given there and is also very useful.

    I always liked drock giving instructions, he gets the ball running and get alot of people flying bombers + escort.

  26. Likes gonk, kiwiflieger, CarlMarks liked this post
  27. #18
    Supporting Member DRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Almonte, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    I think our work here is done... The point of this thread was simply to get players to think about what they are saying on the TeamSpeak channel. I was not targeting any particular speaker (although I have my favorites like everyone else), but I was pointing out that there is a time and a place for B.S. 'ing on the air. It just seemed to be getting out of control on the day I posted this thread.

    About flight lead communications, less is better. Actual formation flight has the advantage of visual signals like wing rocks, rudder flutter and hand signals but that is hard in everyday CLoD missions. Transmitting turn instructions, altitudes and positions is to be avoided, but if you must, you must. Remember that the wingman's duty is to say "Two", "Bingo" and be there! If leader makes a left turn and the wingman misses it... well he isn't much of a wingman. Prompting another pilot how to fly is very bad form, indeed. Just tell him where he needs to be is enough. It's up to him to jockey the throttle, stick, rudder, prop etc. to comply with lead's orders.

    Asking for and transmitting power settings, radiator settings, etc., is just not done and sounds very amateurish on the air. You're here... Your Leader's there... you should be able to do what's necessary to get from here to there. No questions are necessary.

    I'm as guilty as anyone of telling "War Stories" while traversing the channel, but I hope I shut up when someone starts to seriously communicate about the game in progress. If not, scold me... I'll cry, but I'll get over it.
    Thanks again, but I stopped taking your whining seriously about two years ago.

    I don't tell people how to fly, it's called repeating engine settings so we bombers can synchronize.

    Like I said though, no longer an issue from me. I won't be leading, it's not worth the trouble.


    Move on to your next complaint, Fidget. We don't all fly like you want us too, yet.

  28. #19
    Admin ATAG_Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    8,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.08 MB

    Re: Radio Frequency Congestion

    Well, the only rule we have for ATAG TeamSpeak is no swearing or abusive language on the Main Channel. Even then, the occasional expletive gets out in a dogfight...it happens.

    Common sense and consideration are key, here, as always. BOO’s suggestion of dropping down to a subchannel is excellent when the Main Channel fills up. No one should take offense if three or four players decide to fly and comm as a squad. Non-stop chatter on the Main Channel is a bit inconsiderate, since it interferes with other players’ comms. But common sense also comes into play when you have a bunch of players from around the world come together - they’re gonna talk!

    As my good friend Lewis says in his welcoming posts to new forum members: “It’s all about the fun, buddy!”

    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Jan-14-2018 at 10:51.


    i7 4770K @3.5 GHZ, 24 Gigs DDR3 1600 DIMM, Gigabyte GTX970 4 Gig, Win 10 64 bit, TrackIR 5, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog Throttle, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •